TOURIST TROPHY: Your Favorite Bike????

• Thread starter mac292
  • 92 comments
Suprised this thread hasn't been made... :lol: What is your favorite bike to ride? I have a soft spot for the Buell uhh.... I forgot it's name but it was a racing bike that came in black with orange lines around it. So what is your fav? Let us know. :) I made a V2 since I'm sure some people are starting to like other TT bikes. Also I don't want to get flamed for resurrecting a buried thread. :nervous:

The yellow yamaha in this picture would always be the first bike I pick to play with.

ttphotocompweek1previewnr8.jpg

7 CBR-RRW
YSP & PRESTO R1
Yoshi GSXR 8Hour

999R RM

Speed Tripple RM
Brutale 910 RM
XB12R RM

YZF-R6 RM
CBR600RR RM
ZX-6R RM
GSX-R600 RM

CBR600RR (JP)
Moriwaki CBR600RR
GSX-R750

VFR400R RM

TZ250

I want to like the litre road bikes, but, the anti wheelie programing just kills the fun there. its like they have a turbo and it doesnt spool up until 80mph. and then getting out of a corner is hard because if you go smooth youll lag or if you go WoT youll spin up and then bog down.

I don't blame you for creating this thread -- when I first saw the title I thought, "wow, I wonder why no one thought of this yet," but then I went to go see if there were any threads like it on older pages...and found that there was only one page. I knew that was impossible, so I checked the display options and found that it was set to "Last Month."

I have no idea why the Tourist Trophy forum defaults to the "Month" option. All of the other forums here seem to default to the "Year" option, which would have kept mac292's thread visible (if buried) until July.

Yeah, I was wondering why there was only like what 6 threads? I was thinking that TT wasn't so popular in this forum. Maybe it's at month instead of year, because TT was made less than a year ago... 💡 To get back on topic, hoping that a mod doesn't lock this, I'm starting to like the Honda CB400S RM. (I think thats the name.)

I love the Ducati 999 in both street and racing forms, but I'm not a big guy (though I am taller than Dani Pedrosa by about 5 inches, lol) so I tend to play with the 600s more often, especially the RMs. Probably my favorite out of all of them is the Kawasaki ZX-6R, even though it's sometimes looked at as cheating since it's a 636cc.

Thanks daan. 👍

Anyway, seeing as how I have yet to respond to the topic at hand, here are my favorites:

1. 1985 Kawasaki GPZ400R (and its RM version) -- It's quite similar to my own bike, in both appearance and performance. It's also very simple and enjoyably easy to ride, and the RM version is about fast enough to keep up with AI-ridden modern 1L RMs on the tighter courses.

2. Any of the other '80s sportbikes, particularly the Suzukis. -- I gotta say, I like 1980s and early '90s bike design better than a lot of the bulbous, goofy, twin-headlight crap you see today. And these bikes are nice and light, making them very enjoyable to toss around on the Nürburgring or elsewhere.

3. 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R -- The blue paintjob available in the game makes the bike look stunning, and it comes with performance to match. My top choice when the GPZ400R or Choice #2 just aren't enough.

4. 2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 -- This bike doesn't need a certain paintjob to look stunning, but the one it comes with doesn't hurt. It's also one of the faster 1L bikes, if not the fastest.

I usually admire Honda for almost all they do (even motorcycles). I have about three favorites:

* Suzuki GSX-R 1300 and its Racing Variant
They are easily the fastest bikes in both classes in the game. I think I logged about 220 mph with the racing variant when racing the Nürburgring Nordschliefe (only because I needed a proper high-speed test). They are wicked fast. I'd easily take either bike in a race where there is no limit on displacement.

* Ducati 999R and its racing variant
The biggest surprise in GT4 was seeing Bentley. The biggest surprise in Tourist Trophy was seeing Aprillia and Ducati. The 999R is a bike I personally enjoy in the 1000cc classes. Its racing variant is equally impressive. Of course... there's nothing wrong in racing a fast and sexy Italian speed demon, eh? There probably could have been more Ducatis to fill the need, but these are two bikes you don't want to mess with.

* Yamaha VMax
This is also another favorite of mine. This is a slick and mean bike. Not a cruiser, but not a superbike at all. Its handling is less than impressive. Still, it's a great bike to take around a street course in a Free Run. Trust a guy who does rounds around Special Stage Route 5 and even Tokyo and New York with a wicked bike like this.

If there was some off-road racing, I'd love to report a motard that I like. But those are my general three favorites.

I prefer the older naked bikes with big displacements and challenging handling.
Also love the older 80's bikes and the challenge to get the number one on the racing number for all the different models.
Love also the intensity of the two strokes and their angry wasp sound.

that's a better choose already, most people pick the 7 star honda, but actually it drives like crap, but it's still the fastest bike in the game, even i can't ignore that

Back