Townlocke Challenge!

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
GTP_Snorevette
Fun new game: Nuzlocke, GTA version. It's named the Townlocke challenge after the late (or is he????) Michael Townley.

1. Make sure you have a second character slot free.
  2. Make sure you only have 10k in the bank (the rest of the money should be on hand on your first character).
  3. Create a new character.
  4. Reach Lv12 and purchase a high end apartment over time.
  5. Complete the Fleeca bank heist as a host and retire from your life of crime rich and happy.
  6. You've won!
There are only four rules.

• One: No deaths and no failures. You fail if you die at all, whether it be in free-roam or in a mission, even if you respawn. Likewise, if you fail to COMPLETE a mission (note that this means you can still come 2nd or 3rd in races, but you will only fail the challenge if you receive a DNF) you will also fail the challenge, whether it be due to losing all your lives or blowing up something you shouldn't. Note: If you are killed by a modder (e.g. blown up whilst in your garage/lsc, crushed by a falling ferris wheel, etc) then you may continue playing due to the unavoidable nature of such incidents.
  • Two: No cheating death. Passive mode is BANNED. Any lobbies other than Public lobbies are BANNED. You must survive using your own skills and wits. If you steal a car and end up getting a bounty, or you try and grab Simeon's special vehicle, that's your problem. If someone targets you for no reason, then tough luck I guess. (You may still invite friends into missions, but note that it's frowned upon to spend the whole challenge spamming heist setups with your buddies.)
  • Three: No teleporting. Your spawn location must be set to last location at all times. Teleporting after a mission is acceptable, but you are not allowed to abuse this in order to avoid an untimely death (such as whilst a bounty is on your head).
  • Four: Death is final. If you fail the challenge by dying, failing a mission, or otherwise breaking one of the other rules, you must delete your character and start from the beginning. It is also good practice, but not a requirement, to try and spend every last dollar you have earned before deleting your character (clothes are a good way to waste all of your hard earned cash).

After winning, you get to keep all of your hard earned cash, and you can choose whether to continue following Townlocke rules or not. Imagine how many people will respect you when you reveal that you have a Lv50 Townlocke character!

Here are some optional rules that you can choose to follow as well. Some make it easier, and some make it a lot harder:

Medics At Standby: You have a 1 minute window after every successful mission and session change, during which Rules One and Two do not apply. After a minute has passed, you must be alive, in a public session and out of passive mode.
Let Off With A Warning: If you are killed by the police as a result of a 1 or 2 star wanted level, Rule One does not apply. If you die in a 3+ star wanted level, or you die to the military, gangs, or another player whilst in a 1 or 2 star wanted level, you still die.
Wake Up, Neo: You may safely die during any mission aside from contact missions, heist setups, or heist finales (AKA you can participate in Deathmatches, Captures, LTS and Vs Missions)
Out Of My Control: Rule One does not apply if a mission is failed as a result of someone with a different role to yourself (Driver/Navigator in a rally race, Hacker/Driver in the Fleeca heist, etc.)
Trust No-One: You may not participate in any mission with anybody from your crew or your friends list.
Winners Don't Quit: Once you have started any mission, whether it's Golf or a Heist Finale, you may not quit. Purposefully quitting results in a failure.
Bare-Chested Warrior: You cannot wear any garments on your upper body. This includes shirts, jackets, scarves, ties, bulletproof vests, utility vests, or hats/helmets of any kind. Attire during heists and heist setups must be set to player-saved only - if it is not, then you may not participate. For the sake of cool factor, glasses, chains and gloves are allowed. I'm not sure if female characters can even do this one, but the idea is that you can't equip damage-reducing items, so just adjust this one as necessary.
Hyper-Extreme Ultra Mode: If you lose connection, you lose the challenge.

Challenges suggested by @MadMax:
Broke: Start with no cash
Finder's keeper's: use only weapons you find - no buying weapons or ammo allowed. You better learn to aim for the head.
Bulletproof: Don't pick up or buy armours. - Crew rank up or any mission that automatically causes you to gain armor are an exception.
Sweet tooth: Don't eat snacks to recover health - ever.

Have fun!

(Reposted from the GTA Online thread, thanks to @ExoSphere64 for suggesting that I make an individual thread)

Last edited:
I am in!! I won't get a complete start for a few days because of work but this is going to fun!!

EDIT: Character built. I started an entirely new account from scratch for this.

EDIT 2: We need to add a proviso for hackers/modders in public lobbies. Deaths resulting from unnatural occurrences shouldn't count. (I was blown up inside Los Santos Customs with no one around... 10 times before I could bail on the lobby)

Last edited:
Yeah, something to address modders would be good, probably just make their kills N/A to the challenge.

But I will definitely try to give this a go over the weekend on my second account if time permits 👍

Yeah, if you die from an obvious modder (aka in LSC or your garage) it doesn't count. I'll add that to the OP.

Hyper-Extreme Ultra Mode: If you lose connection, you lose the challenge.

Have fun!

:lol: How about game freezes during a set up ?

I've got one of these challenges in mind for those who like to do Survivals.

I started my 2nd char and skipped all possible onlne tutorials. Got invited to a mission IIRC and after that I got invite to Boneyard - Survival. Started it at rank 4 , completed without dying (last 2 waves I was last man standing) and finished at rank 6.
This was before homing launchers , extra armors ect. The container was closer to wall than what it is now thought.

Then after July 4th when we could buy the Musket , I completed Processed - Survival solo using only the Musket and no snacks eaten / armors picked. Used rank 150+ char IIRC.

I've also completed Processed with a standard / unmodified Pistol (with 1 other person using a pistol + random using SMG)

And I have completed this one with a team while I've used just one weapon thru the whole survival. One time I did it with the shotgun you get from police cruisers.

There was a time before racing/parachuting ect. solo didn't pay you other than low exp/rp.
The good old times.

I'll have to use some of my other acc. for this challenge thought.

Working on this a little tonight... I really don't remember it being so hard to earn a little cheddar when I first started last time. Seems like selling cars and robbing the Thrift -T- Mart is all that is available right now. Everything else is dependent on other players. No missions or anything...

Died a soon as I completed tutorial. No one will fail the challenge faster than I. 20 seconds is hard to beat

Working on this a little tonight... I really don't remember it being so hard to earn a little cheddar when I first started last time. Seems like selling cars and robbing the Thrift -T- Mart is all that is available right now. Everything else is dependent on other players. No missions or anything...

You can do missions with other players, you just need to make sure they don't fail ;)

This is SO nerve racking... I just reached lvl 5. I spend a lot of time hiding and planning my next move. It is pretty difficult getting things done. It is a ton of fun though!

1st try
I got as far as mission (from Lamar) to rob a store , a rank 18 starts chasing me. I kill her. I move on and she is still after me. I drive away and manage to drive the car to sea and she follows. I swim to ladders and try to take aim at her. Can't shoot at her while she is already almost at the ladders. I climb back down to block her and pull out my phone and send him message : give up. This obviously took too long since she had already swam away and reached another ladder , climbed on top and opened fire at me while I was still on the 1st ladder. The End

I have been very bored with GTA for a long time... Going to use a different PSN accout and give this a try. Seems incredibly fun!

EDIT: Hiding in LSC right now, probably a very bad thing to do... I have $6,000 right now and a car which I robbed. I painted the car so cops wouldn't chase me. Managed to rob one store and got shot at too! This is tough. Not sure how to make money right now...

EDIT 2: I ended up getting into the middle of a parking garage and ended my session there. Will pick that back up later. So 20 minutes of gameplay and is more fun than I have had in a while.

Last edited:
I've completed the Townlocke challenge , sort of. Only to die 15 minutes later.

May 15th .
Started new character , avoided people , completed missions. Almost got killed in Meth'd up - mission. Had fun in Rockets vs Insurgents LTS and ran a bunch of races with other people. One of the races was a rally race - Trend Setting , I was co-pilot and the driver was 🤬 . That race ended in DNF. There was nothing I could do to have the driver finish before timer. Once I returned to free roam I had over 200k , but could not buy a house , because Simeon had not called me about it yet. Calling it a night [Rank 14]
May 22th .
Continuing the challenge.. Completed Rockford Roll - mission for Simeon and got the call. Now I can buy an apartment. Bought the cheapest one -200k. Got the call from Lester to start 1st heist , launched it and no-one joined x4. calling it a night again. [Rank 15]
May 26 .
Launched the 1st heist set up with a rank 40+ player and completed the Scope Out and Kuruma fetching easy.. Started the finale and had the hack done before the driver had reached Fleeca bank. Drilling was not as easy as I remembered , it took me awhile to figure it out again. Got the box , made it to car for escape and the driver went offroading , because he thought he'd lose cops that way. Needless to say that when we approached the bridge near Zancudo , the driver didn't get under the magnet before it was already too late. :ouch: On 2nd attempt the driver followed the gps , stayed on road and the heist was done. [Rank 18]

After this I got an invite to Fleeca - Kuruma and I was with some higher rank player , at top of the parking lot I was taking cover and the other player was standing tall and taking aim to enemies close by. I figured I'd have to cover him and when covering him I got shot. Thanks and good bye. RIP Jack , son of John Marston.

Trust No-One , Winners Don't Quit , Bare-Chested Warrior , Started with no cash , no weapons bought/upgraded , no armors bough/collected and no snacks eaten

A few more add-ons from my playing:
Broke : Start with no cash
Finder's keeper's use only weapons you find - no buying weapons or ammo allowed. You better learn to aim for the head.
Bulletproof Don't pick up or buy armours. - Crew rank up or any mission that automatically causes you to gain armor are an exception.
Sweet tooth Don't eat snacks to recover health - ever.

To make this challenge more approachable to play with the not so skilled people and the neverending heist invitations.
Out of my control If a rally race DNF's while you're not the driver you do not fail.
If heist/set up fails because of some other player doing something wrong / leaving / dying , you don't fail.

I've completed the Townlocke challenge , sort of. Only to die 15 minutes later.

May 15th .
Started new character , avoided people , completed missions. Almost got killed in Meth'd up - mission. Had fun in Rockets vs Insurgents LTS and ran a bunch of races with other people. One of the races was a rally race - Trend Setting , I was co-pilot and the driver was 🤬 . That race ended in DNF. There was nothing I could do to have the driver finish before timer. Once I returned to free roam I had over 200k , but could not buy a house , because Simeon had not called me about it yet. Calling it a night [Rank 14]
May 22th .
Continuing the challenge.. Completed Rockford Roll - mission for Simeon and got the call. Now I can buy an apartment. Bought the cheapest one -200k. Got the call from Lester to start 1st heist , launched it and no-one joined x4. calling it a night again. [Rank 15]
May 26 .
Launched the 1st heist set up with a rank 40+ player and completed the Scope Out and Kuruma fetching easy.. Started the finale and had the hack done before the driver had reached Fleeca bank. Drilling was not as easy as I remembered , it took me awhile to figure it out again. Got the box , made it to car for escape and the driver went offroading , because he thought he'd lose cops that way. Needless to say that when we approached the bridge near Zancudo , the driver didn't get under the magnet before it was already too late. :ouch: On 2nd attempt the driver followed the gps , stayed on road and the heist was done. [Rank 18]

After this I got an invite to Fleeca - Kuruma and I was with some higher rank player , at top of the parking lot I was taking cover and the other player was standing tall and taking aim to enemies close by. I figured I'd have to cover him and when covering him I got shot. Thanks and good bye. RIP Jack , son of John Marston.

Trust No-One , Winners Don't Quit , Bare-Chested Warrior , Started with no cash , no weapons bought/upgraded , no armors bough/collected and no snacks eaten

A few more add-ons from my playing:
Broke : Start with no cash
Finder's keeper's use only weapons you find - no buying weapons or ammo allowed. You better learn to aim for the head.
Bulletproof Don't pick up or buy armours. - Crew rank up or any mission that automatically causes you to gain armor are an exception.
Sweet tooth Don't eat snacks to recover health - ever.

To make this challenge more approachable to play with the not so skilled people and the neverending heist invitations.
Out of my control If a rally race DNF's while you're not the driver you do not fail.
If heist/set up fails because of some other player doing something wrong / leaving / dying , you don't fail.

Nice! I'll accept the rally race, I'm not sure if I should accept the heist finale... I guess it was indeed completely out of your control in that instance, I'll add an optional secondary rule saying that if someone else with a different mission role fails (Driver sets off alarm whilst you're drilling, etc.) then you don't fail.

Back