Toyota 2000GT '68

• Thread starter Zero
  • 23 comments
GTP_MattyIce
Matthnt
Just 4 the fun of it i bought a 2000GT '68 and raced in the Histortic car cup and had to face 2 Cobra Coupes, i had 325hp with Racing mod, and whooped them Cobra Coupes!

I miss the old bangers from GT2, particularly the original RX7 and the original Nissan Skyline GT-R from the late 60'.

The Skyline actually tuned up pretty well!!

It shows up in the Toyota Used lot, but not very often. I checked there every day # that ends in '0', since used lineup changes every 10 days, and I held out for a gold one. It's pretty stylin'! :)

Originally posted by vat_man
I miss the old bangers from GT2, particularly the original RX7 and the original Nissan Skyline GT-R from the late 60'.

The Skyline actually tuned up pretty well!!

How the heck does one FIND the older Skyline? I ran against one in the Historic Car cup and loved the look of it (if I'm thinking of the same car:odd: ) but the dealership doesn't seem to sell the older model, and I haven't seen one in the used lot yet...bummer.

Is it something you can win in one of the race series?

You can't win the old-skool GT-R, you just have to keep checking the used car lots, just like with the 1st-Gen RX-7, Toyota 2000GT, Subaru 22B, Subaru 360, etc...

Originally posted by Trailer01

How the heck does one FIND the older Skyline? I ran against one in the Historic Car cup and loved the look of it (if I'm thinking of the same car:odd: ) but the dealership doesn't seem to sell the older model, and I haven't seen one in the used lot yet...bummer.

Is it something you can win in one of the race series?

As the provactively named 'Crackhoor' correctly pointed out, you just have to keep an eye on the Nissan second hand yard. I didn't even realise it was in the game until I stumbled across it one day.

I do miss that aspect of GT2 - it was great to be cashed up and have a cruise through the used yards and see what was around.

I have heard a suggestion that part of the reason the old bangers weren't in GT3 was because the car modelling took so long for the PS2, because of the shapes being much more detailed, that it was decided to not include them.

I wonder if they've been working away at them for GT4 - you can only hope...

Originally posted by SuperCharged S45
Can someone give me a complete list of the old school cars that are available in GT2 that you need to keep searching for in the used car lot to get?

I think if you have a cruise around on the net you should be able to find a complete car list somewhere.

Originally posted by vat_man

As the provactively named 'Crackhoor' correctly pointed out, you just have to keep an eye on the Nissan second hand yard. I didn't even realise it was in the game until I stumbled across it one day.

I do miss that aspect of GT2 - it was great to be cashed up and have a cruise through the used yards and see what was around.

I have heard a suggestion that part of the reason the old bangers weren't in GT3 was because the car modelling took so long for the PS2, because of the shapes being much more detailed, that it was decided to not include them.

I wonder if they've been working away at them for GT4 - you can only hope...

I agree with you vat_man. It's kind of interesting checking in at the used lot. Lots of times you seem to find stuff that looks comparable to what's in the showroom lineup for a lot less. That 60's Skyline is SWEET! :P

Originally posted by Trailer01

I agree with you vat_man. It's kind of interesting checking in at the used lot. Lots of times you seem to find stuff that looks comparable to what's in the showroom lineup for a lot less. That 60's Skyline is SWEET! :P

I'll bet GT4 will have an insane roster of cars, both old and new. The reason they got left out in GT3 is because development time was consumed by the new game and graphics engines. Now that PD have that tacked down, it should be relatively easy for them to throw in cars left and right. The operative word in that sentence being "relatively". :D

if anyone needs a car list
i got one
i'll email it to you
it contains name, rank, max hp, weight, race mod (yes or no), rally worthy (yes or no), FR FF MR RR 4WD

i use it everytime i buy

i also have the prize car list and how much the good cars can be sold for (only for 75,000-500,000)

You can get a die cast version of this car at http://www.replicarz.com

Here's what it looks like

k03031w.jpg

They have a bunch of the cars from the Gran Turismo series.

I miss the RX-7 GT(it was more of a GSL-SE, but it had the 79' style tail lights) That was so cool to drive a car that my dad had. 433HP, and it made on killer hybrid with the Cosmo 20B, another car I miss.
And the AZ1. What a fun car to drive. The 360, the lightest car in GT history, only whieghing 926 lbs or so. The Fiat 500R, another real light car. and the CRX, a very cool car. BMW 740, always made me feel like a buisness man out for a race. The MB A-class, what a wierd van. The Panjero, the best off roader. The Forester, another great rally car.

So many cars gone, it makes me sad :(

But GT4 is coming, so hope for the best.

Back