Toyota FT-1 Concept Impressions?

• Thread starter GTP_Denza
  • 50 comments
It's ok but it really sucks that you can't tune and modify it, same with the M4. This destroys almost all hope of it being competitive in online lobbies[unless that lobby is all FT1].

Is this permanent or will a future update allow tuning?

I took this prize car on the Nurburgring, and enjoyed it most on Sport MED/Soft tires, with no aids, and no ABS,

however, brake balance 0/0, or 9/9. or whatever, makes no difference to this car.

as I take off ABS on all my rides now, it went from ANTI-Lock brakes, to INSTA-LOCK brakes.

^290 km/hr revlimited on the back straight.

it understeers mildly on entries if too hot, but carves its way out with throttle squeeze.

would I ever want to own this car? no way, it looks absolutely hideous. I think photoshop swirl tools should be named after this car.

The 1/10th costing GT86 drives 100x times with more confidence and pleasure.

Last edited:
Drove the TT only. I don't think this is the car for me. It looks a little silly but not so bad I couldn't get used to it if it drove well. Unfortunately it does not.

From the looks of it you'd think it should have tons of aero grip but the front end does nothing but slide for me. Massive understeer on corner entry and any time you give it a hair too much throttle until you're fully out of the corner.

Brakes seem to lock much too easily as well. Most cars I can brake virtually full pressure in a straight line for a while on comfort softs at 5/5 brakes, this one locks the fronts right up at only about 3/4 pressure on SH. It's almost like it's got some sort of hybrid between street brakes and race brakes.

The power is nice, though it's helped by the short gears which would become rather annoying at tracks where you'd expect a car with this much power to be getting near 200mph, particularly when slipstreaming comes into play. The display is a little odd having two RPM gagues next to each other which redline at different points, though I quickly came to ignore the one on the wheel. But it's really just the handling that ruins it for me, very unpleasant to drive. Cornering feels like torture, and it's pretty bad when I can feel more confident braking in a stock BTR on CS than in the FT-1 on sports hards.

I like the car. It looks awesome. I also topped out down the hill of Panorama/Bathurst track at 187mph. Car is screaming fast for stock. I really like it and I hope they make it soon for production. Hoping its the new SUPRA!

Handles ok but i can't focus on that. All i can focus on is how hideous it looks! Looks like 3 different designers worked on it without ever communicating with eachother! One for the front, one for the back and one for the side profile. And only the guy working on the rear got it anywhere near right.

If i saw a real one on the street i'd cover my childrens eyes so they didn't have nightmares.

It's ok but it really sucks that you can't tune and modify it, same with the M4. This destroys almost all hope of it being competitive in online lobbies[unless that lobby is all FT1].

Is this permanent or will a future update allow tuning?

Just left my 550pp lobby, there where 5 FT1's all placing around 2-5th in a 12 person race. they are good, but not the best.

Argh! I didn't notice it was available in the seasonals and bought the stupid thing for 500k...what a muppet.

Inability to tune is the icing on the understeering, snap oversteering, no braking cake.

Argh! I didn't notice it was available in the seasonals and bought the stupid thing for 500k...what a muppet.

Inability to tune is the icing on the understeering, snap oversteering, no braking cake.
That's the FT-1 come with sport hard tire which still understeer and little poor braking.

If it really is the successor to the Supra it could've looked a lot better, IMO in its current shape it looks ugly, what is drooping nose at the front all about? Fix it Toyota!

It'll do 187 on Route X
Cool. Didn't know exactly how far it would go.

Optimum performance calls for a shift just over 7000 rpm and that's more of what I was pointing to. It worked great for me in the Super Car events in IB, but it's worthless at La Sarthe.

If it really is the successor to the Supra it could've looked a lot better, IMO in its current shape it looks ugly, what is drooping nose at the front all about? Fix it Toyota!
It is definitely going for the modern F1 look. I think it looks great.

I love the car and it looks great. The front fascia quirks me, but overall, the concept looks amazing. I want to see the production version with an V8 engine from the Lexus IS-F.

Back