Toyota FT-1 Super Lap

United States
United States
wheelman1313
I'm not stupid, I know it's because the servers just came back up, but I just posted the 6th fastest lap, and that makes me feel good about me. :sly:

Real talk though, car understeers a bit, but the brakes have a lot to give, and this event is fantastically easy to gold, even for an old DS3 user like me.

Oh cool. A nice change of pace from the consistent Streets of Willow I've been doing for the Hudson TT and the WRS Qualifier. 👍

I'm not stupid, I know it's because the servers just came back up, but I just posted the 6th fastest lap, and that makes me feel good about me. :sly:

Real talk though, car understeers a bit, but the brakes have a lot to give, and this event is fantastically easy to gold, even for an old DS3 user like me.
yea the ft-1 is a bad mammajamma damn good car its a beast. I gotta say good job pd on this one and thanks for the duplicate m4 now i got 2. Different colors mind u.

so everyone likes this car then, i dont like it one bit. :boggled: struggled to set a clean lap, first 7 attempts ended before the 3rd corner.lol low 1:29.0.

as long as you keep it on track you pretty much guaranteed to get a gold.

i laughed just how much it wants to understeer and equally amusing lack of traction - within few laps i had this uncontrollable desire to destroy this car and its tyres...

word of advise - get an early replays of top players, its your only chance you ever gona be able to beat it. download the 10th fastest one. within few days, the only replays youre going to get is that his/her car leaves you so much behind you wont be able to see it after half a lap...

word of advise - get an early replays of top players, its your only chance you ever gona be able to beat it. download the 10th fastest one. within few days, the only replays youre going to get is that his/her car leaves you so much behind you wont be able to see it after half a lap...

Really?!! Well I can't find anything wrong with it, infact I was curious as to why it was so easy. I golded it first time with plenty to spare without even trying - and I was ranked over 4000 so it can't be that hard. I dare say if I care to try harder I will majorly improve my standings.

It definitely could be sharper around turns, I'll tell ya that. Aside from that, it was an easy Gold. It looks kinda cool at least.
Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow.jpg

Really?!! Well I can't find anything wrong with it, infact I was curious as to why it was so easy. I golded it first time with plenty to spare without even trying - and I was ranked over 4000 so it can't be that hard. I dare say if I care to try harder I will majorly improve my standings.

the inability to modify its settings frustrates me. im a bit of a gear ratio fanatic so wide apart ratio, too low 2nd gear just annoys me... this cars gears arent that bad actually, suits to short tracks like this one i suppose.

the inability to modify its settings frustrates me. im a bit of a gear ratio fanatic so wide apart ratio, too low 2nd gear just annoys me... this cars gears arent that bad actually, suits to short tracks like this one i suppose.

I ran both the FT-1 and the M4 set to Manual with TC at 5, ABS at 1, and SRF On. After a lap of feeling these cars out, I got Gold on both rather easily. A tune would make it easier and maybe faster, yes, but it's possible with what they give you.

I ran both the FT-1 and the M4 set to Manual with TC at 5, ABS at 1, and SRF On. After a lap of feeling these cars out, I got Gold on both rather easily. A tune would make it easier and maybe faster, yes, but it's possible with what they give you.

yes, im still relatively new to this game, never played GT3 or 4 nor did i even own PS2, im still a newbie after all, but after the end of each session i cant help thinking how much time i must be losing through each corner... before i didnt even have an idea just how wrong i took those corners but now im starting to have a feeling, "hmm, there must be a faster way of getting out of that corner..."

the difference between me in Nov last year to me now is that im starting to have a feeling of throttle threshold - getting on power earlier yet smoother and gradual. GT5 used to be so forgiving i often used my throttle as an on&off switch and i got away with it. GT6, the smoother driving seems to reward you more - its best to drive as if youre driving in real.

yes, im still relatively new to this game, never played GT3 or 4 nor did i even own PS2, im still a newbie after all, but after the end of each session i cant help thinking how much time i must be losing through each corner... before i didnt even have an idea just how wrong i took those corners but now im starting to have a feeling, "hmm, there must be a faster way of getting out of that corner..."

the difference between me in Nov last year to me now is that im starting to have a feeling of throttle threshold - getting on power earlier yet smoother and gradual. GT5 used to be so forgiving i often used my throttle as an on&off switch and i got away with it. GT6, the smoother driving seems to reward you more - its best to drive as if youre driving in real.

With me, I've only seriously played since GT5 came out. The others i just played for fun with friends. I had always stuck to automatic, but I decided to strictly drive Manual when I bought GT6 and it does wonders. Now, I'm not a guru of the technique. If anything, I'm just barely decent when it comes to TTs. I just keep control of my gears through the turns, try to avoid hard braking and balance it through the corners. Find the best line to get through each section as fast and smooth as possible.

Not driven Laguna Seca yet since getting a wheel, so it took about three laps to get a clean time, which was a little off Silver. I only had a few minutes at lunch time, but I'll go again tonight.

The FT-1 seems alright, seems to have more grip than the M4 at least.

I agree these cars have no tuning adjustments :confused:

Makes the car a one trick pony that will probably
not see much service in my racing agenda :odd:

a shame cause they are sweet looking cars :cool:

dfgt wheel
-TC off -SRF off -AS off -ASM off -ABS off

Time 1:33.897

And i don't have interest to get it any better...
Although it would be nice to know what kind of times you are getting without helps?

In my opinion it helps a lot controlling the car if you use brake and throttle while entering the corner without helps--
So it's easier to hold it steady, also early sift to 4 gear...

I bet the srf guys will be knocking low 23's at the end...

Took me 6 laps to get to .438 seconds away from Gold. TCS 1 ABS 1. everything else off. I was getting a little frustrated that I couldn't get a better time. So, I went and turned on SRF and on the first lap attempted I had gained 1 second on my previous best time. Gold achieved very easily. I use DS3 pad and I found the car easy to control without SRF (although I couldn't quite get gold with it off).

Both simple TT's, seems more a gift or car promotion from PD, rather than a test of any sort. Still, very enjoyable and easy to do with some cash and cool cars as prizes. I might go back and do some of the career races with them so I can give them a tune and try and get the very best out of them. As stated, good, fun cars.

I see a lot of people don't like the Tojo Concept. I honestly cant say its a "bad" car. I am a very average driver in this game, with only 15-18mths ex , but just opened the L S TT and blew the gold time away, first lap, too easy. Honestly, there hasn't been too many TT that I have even golded in the first 20 attempts. Anyway, I guess I will eventually get better at it, and become a better judge /user of vehicles. Stay fast, cheers

Last edited:
So we meet again corkscrew of Laguna Seca. I thought I left you behind in GT5, but you return....

Latest Posts

Back