• 20 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Last edited:
I'm not exactly surprised by the news. I knew that this car would be a likely addition to the game for obvious reasons. Now PD have to give us something out of left field...

Last edited:
Wait, so what (if anything) actually makes it a 'circuit edition'? Reviews to date suggest the GR Corolla is not well suited to the track, so I was expecting more significant changes...

This is one car I’ve been surprised to not be in GT yet.

I’ve been trying to get to a point where I can put a reservation deposit down on one IRL but my Celica has been a bit of a cash sink. Having two cars straight out of a Gran Turismo game would be a dream.

Wait, so what (if anything) actually makes it a 'circuit edition'? Reviews to date suggest the GR Corolla is not well suited to the track, so I was expecting more significant changes...

There’s 3 tiers - Core, Circuit, and Morizo editions. Circuit has upgraded brakes/red calipers and Torsen LSDs, and it’s slightly lighter with a forged carbon roof and vented hood. You can spec the brakes and diffs on a Core with the performance pack but the vents and carbon roof are exclusive. The Morizo has no back seats, more torque, 100lbs lighter, and comes with Michelin Cup 2s. They all have the turbo 3cyl with AWD and ability to select 50:50 40:60 and 30:70 torque splits.

Last edited:
Neat! Glad to hear it and completely unsurprised, there are few cars more inevitable than Toyota's GRs for GRan Turismo. And I even like the colour.

Now, where's that Copen GR Sport?

You need to view the car through the correct filter. It's better suited to the track than 90% of the street cars in the game already. For the GRC it looks like the issue is a rear diff that overheats. That's no different than the Focus RS. And is considerably better than the CTR with it's engine overheating issues (not to mention shredding it's front tires).

I've had a deposit down for a Circuit Edition for 15 months at this point (and I'm #1 on the dealer list). So annoying. FYI the brakes are identical across all trim variations. Only difference on the Circuit or Morizo is the calipers are painted red. (Big whoop). Same brakes, however, are considerably larger than what you'll find on a Golf R and a bit larger than that of a CTR. Bigger than a 370Z, bigger than a Mustang GT, etc etc etc.

Last edited:
You need to view the car through the correct filter. It's better suited to the track than 90% of the street cars in the game already. For the GRC it looks like the issue is a rear diff that overheats. That's no different than the Focus RS. And is considerably better than the CTR with it's engine overheating issues (not to mention shredding it's front tires).

I've had a deposit down for a Circuit Edition for 15 months at this point (and I'm #1 on the dealer list). So annoying. FYI the brakes are identical across all trim variations. Only difference on the Circuit or Morizo is the calipers are painted red. (Big whoop). Same brakes, however, are considerably larger than what you'll find on a Golf R and a bit larger than that of a CTR. Bigger than a 370Z, bigger than a Mustang GT, etc etc etc.
I meant in comparison to other current hot hatches (not necessarily cars in Gran Turismo). Eg the Civic Type R, i30N, Megane RS, GR86, even GR Yaris are seemingly all better track cars (I can only.vough for the i30N).

I'm surprised Toyota didn't go a bit harder with the Circuit Edition to at least match it's direct competitors.

I meant in comparison to other current hot hatches (not necessarily cars in Gran Turismo). Eg the Civic Type R, i30N, Megane RS, GR86, even GR Yaris are seemingly all better track cars (I can only.vough for the i30N).

I'm surprised Toyota didn't go a bit harder with the Circuit Edition to at least match it's direct competitors.
I already mentioned the CTR has engine cooling issues. Not really sure what else you're asking/wanting?

I already mentioned the CTR has engine cooling issues. Not really sure what else you're asking/wanting?
Maybe stiffer stiffer suspension, more low down torque and/or shorter gearing, a bit more power, more supportive seats. You know, things that make a car better on track

SMH, that one sailed right over you.

The point I was making was that all vehicles have some flaw/achilles heel.

Back