Toyota Reveals 257hp GR Yaris Rally Homologation Special

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 10, 2020.

1. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

Awwww, I want one. Homologation cars like this are just so awesome, but us Americans never get them. :(

2. 05XR8

05XR8

It's a 3-cylinder Toyota. I'm sure it'll survive a nuclear holocaust.

VXR and IngRobNy like this.
  3. GTV0819

GTV0819

Well, this thing is a Toyota but what do you think will happen once its turbocharger gets busted?

4. Greycap

Greycap Premium

Right at the beginning of the sixth paragraph, below the engine picture: "There’s a new, 1.6-liter turbo engine too".

5. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

This is one of the most exciting cars that Toyota has ever produced, at least since the Celica GT-Four and Mark IV Supra. Suddenly, Toyota seem way less mundane releasing this little beast into the world. I'm a fan.

6. homeforsummer

homeforsummer Premium

^ This, and... the same thing as literally any other turbocharged car in the world if the turbo goes. It being fairly small capacity doesn't really make a difference.

VXR likes this.
  7. TheCracker

TheCracker Premium

It's on par with an similarly sized Audi S1. A little more expensive, a little more power but a touch more weight too. I believe Toyota/Gazoo will make it a more playful, driver-focused chassis though.

8. panjandrum

panjandrum

You missed the bit where I linked to a document of true mid-engined cars. Front-mids, while a great step in the right direction, still don't provide what a true mid-engined car can.

GTV0819 likes this.
  9. TexRex

TexRex Premium

Sure, but you can still just pull it back and have it in the middle--behind the driver. A great many true mid-engine production cars utilize transverse FWD powerpacks to drive the rear wheels (the single example in that link--a Matra Murena--had the transaxle from a Citroën CX), and people even do their own mid-engine conversions in this manner.

10. mustafur

mustafur

The True Successor to the Celica GT-Four.