Toyota Supra (A90)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 2,724 comments
I tried to pry some info out of a friend that works at the HQ here in Tx. He said all anyone there knows is that this will still be a concept and is not set as the final design yet. More interesting enough, while it will likely still be called the Supra, he said the car doesn’t actually have an official nameplate internally, nor is the price/performance figures made final.

He said most of them are just as much in the dark about the car as we are, and Toyota is keeping it under tight lip. He said no one knows if even Akio is heavily involved or not.

Why does everyone hate the LF-A? I think it's a beautiful design, just because every single piece of the body serves a purpose, and because it's probably one of the most well engineered supercars out there at the moment.

I think the image above looks like a horrible version of the LF-A.

Most people don't understand cars like the LF-A or the original NSX. Cutting edge everything, form and function engineering and tech know how is lost on most when they think its about horsepower or straight line speed (ha ha ha) no good having power if you can't transfer it to the road or control the car in corners etc etc etc. The NSX and LF-A allowed you to take it to a whole new level plus they are head turners not loud stupid & impractical :bowdown: I await a new Supra like a child at christmas

1518666874614.jpg
1518666902404.jpg

You should expect the final to be less stubby compared to the renders / prototypes which have bulky panels placed all over.

EDIT...another render from the magazine

Toyota-Supra-2018-1234551.jpg

2018-toyota-supra-spy-pics.jpg
Artistic licence for the mirrors. They're right there! :sly:

Anyway, if the base model winds up being the price of a 370Z($50k, here in Australia), used versions will get snatched up quick.

Anyway, if the base model winds up being the price of a 370Z($50k, here in Australia), used versions will get snatched up quick.

I've already opened up a savings account for it. People are expecting it to be 60-65,000 euros. I'm guessing this will be a rival to the V6 F-Type then?

I've already opened up a savings account for it. People are expecting it to be 60-65,000 euros. I'm guessing this will be a rival to the V6 F-Type then?
Why are people (obsessively so) trying to compare it to some other car? I'd wait till it arrives or you might have egg on your face (virtual or otherwise) guessing is pretty accurate to say the very least...its like a rumour mill on overdrive without a thread of truth

Why are people (obsessively so) trying to compare it to some other car? I'd wait till it arrives or you might have egg on your face (virtual or otherwise) guessing is pretty accurate to say the very least...its like a rumour mill on overdrive without a thread of truth
A 2-door coupe, front engined, rear wheel drive, 340hp V6. That's right up the F-type's alley. I see no reason why not to compare them.

3.8 seconds to 60 seems a bit optimistic with 335hp. The base F-type with 335hp and an 8-speed auto takes 5.1 seconds to 60.

I think the BMW engine has a wider peak torque band, which would help it, plus it's a bit lighter I guess.

The current Z4 35is with 335hp (and overboost but only a 7-speed DCT) and a similar proposed weight to the Supra hits 62 in 4.5. Still think 3.8 is optimistic unless they've messed with the gear-spacing to hit 60 that little bit sooner.

Back