Toyota Supra (A90)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 2,724 comments
https://www.motoring.com.au/sema-toyota-gr-supra-sport-top-concept-unveiled-127956/
toyota-gr-supra-sport-top-i.jpg

I bet they were challenging themselves to make the wind buffeting even worse.

Though I'd wander into a Subaru dealer right now and put down a deposit if they made a targa BreezeFrees.

Last edited:
A great argument for the M2 as the true Supra successor.

Also, I had no idea that part of the Z4-Supra deal was that BMW would get engineering information for the Mirai which they're using for the fuel cell X5 they're selling in 2022.

At 8:55 they talk to the president of Toyota Calty Design Research, the guy who designed the FT-1 concept. Because the Z4 was already made by BMW, they were given set hard points so they had to drape the FT-1 design over a shorter, chunkier car

BMW M2 CS is great, but it's got a good price premium over the Supra. What I got from that video is that if you want a Supra, buy a MKIV Supra.

I kind of lost interest in the current one, because the new BRZ/FRS and the regular M2 seem like better options, depending on how much power you want.

BMW M2 CS is great, but it's got a good price premium over the Supra. What I got from that video is that if you want a Supra, buy a MKIV Supra.

I kind of lost interest in the current one, because the new BRZ/FRS and the regular M2 seem like better options, depending on how much power you want.
That's kind of it, you don't even need to spend CS money because the regular M2 Competition is better than the Supra and very similarly priced, at least over here.

Toyota is switching to a Supra inspired body for their NHRA Funny Car program.

2022_toyota_gr_supra_nhra_funny_car-20211112_0001.jpg

I looks terrible, but at least it works better than the NASCAR version.

If I'm honest, its extremely rare that ANY car looks good as a NHRA funny car (Hence the name I guess :lol:)
It's an old term that was used back when the body silhouettes weren't wildly different from standard but the wheelbase was shifted forward on the shell. Supposedly, someone simply commented on one and said "that looks funny."

plymouth01.jpg

Glad I’m not in the market. Love the Z, but the Supra with this option is awesome. Used cars will be cool, just before the EVs take over.

Will be interesting to see if dealers look try marking them up just because it has a manual. Already starting with the GR Corolla despite that Toyota Corp. is not overly fond of its dealers adding ADMs.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back