TPC GT Championship

• Thread starter The359
  • 123 comments
Great race today fellas, thanks again to @The359 for putting this on, it’s been good fun so far. :)

CD7D1852-24C1-4883-8F6E-3792B440EEB1.jpeg
D9EE5669-5CA3-4892-B065-56344F89A26C.jpeg
D082249B-0BC5-4F56-97E9-AD966CEC7ACA.jpeg
AF34A4B6-2777-43B8-B0EC-FCE4A91B6C2C.jpeg

Last edited:
Points have been updated on the first page. @bloodyboyblue after some thought on it I have decided that a start and park will be scored as a DNF as I believe someone should complete at least half of the race duration to be scored, meaning an attempt at actually racing was made. Since only 7 races are scored in the end this could end up as your non-scoring race anyway.

A very well-managed race by everyone involved, I know we all had our brushes with the wall but the racing itself was thrilling. Everyone attempted to maintain space from one another and we had no major incidents on such a tight and very hair-raising course and so I thank everyone who continues to participate. I know that backstretch kink worried me on every lap. I personally had great battles with Pigems, Ironfist, Spiner, and Kermit at every stage of the race and it was great to watch each of the cars have different strengths in different parts of the track. I have the replay shared in the game for those that didn't get a chance to grab it.

We have a long four-week break over the holidays until we start again in Brands Hatch, hopefully, we can get a fuller grid come January, but I believe that the racing will be much closer at a tighter track like Brands. Of note, the BOP for the Lamborghini will be tweaked in the coming weeks, the engine modifications to increase responsiveness have given the Lamborghini an unmatched top-speed advantage that was clearly on display at such a fast track as Tokyo. It won't be neutered, just simply brought down 1 or 2% to better compare to the rest of the field. I will announce the specifics when I am done testing.

Last edited:
Only a week away from our return for Round 3, hopefully every has had some time to get practice in as I know Brands Hatch is always a tricky circuit.

Some final news on thr Balance of Performance after some testing. The Lamborghini Diablo GT has had its power reduced from 535hp to 520hp. This means the Power Restrictor has been cut from 75% to 73%. The original post in this thread has been changed to reflect this. Everyone with the Lamborghini must make sure to make these alterations prior to Round 3. No other car is being adjusted at the moment.

Championships have been updated following Brands Hatch. I know that circuit always gives people fits when it comes to being able to stay on track, but most everyone survived. The BOP seems much more equal, with each car having strengths and weaknesses that even out over the course of an hour, and the Lamborghini finally being dethroned.

Having a good set-up and gearing is becoming much more critical at a handling circuit like this, so make sure you can try and get in some testing to at least get your settings pointed in the right direction prior to the race day. I know that isn't always available for some of you, so don't be afraid to open a testing lobby and let others join in.

The next round is the Nurburgring Grand Prix circuit. Once again the track limits will be applied here, the white lines and red/white kerbs are the limits of the circuit, so two wheels must be on the circuit at all times, with one exception: The exit of Turn 4 is fair game for using the run-off area. This is typically open for use in real life as well as in the game, and I will allow it here as well.
640px-N%C3%BCrburgring_-_Grand-Prix-Strecke.svg.png

Great racing last night everyone.
Had a race long battle with @bloodyboyblue with some pretty brave 2 wide moments. You were quite laggy my end but we did well to race so closely for so long on such a tight track, until I punted you at turn 1 that is :scared:. I think I did miss my marker slightly (I haven’t checked the replay yet), although I think the force of contact was down to the lag. Apologies anyway and well done on the podium position.
Seems like the vette was a lot easier on tyres so I was able to be a bit stronger towards the end of the stints but my ability to crash the Vette held me back.
The front 2 we’re long gone, I thought I may be able to defend against @Spinerkopin as I came out the pits but he blew past me and disappeared like a man on a mission.
Nurb should be fun, praying it doesn’t rain :lol:

I have made a separate thread for our non-championship Spa event, a full 24 simulation held over 90 minutes. Apologies for not posting it sooner as I had hoped. Everyone in the series is welcome to join, but if someone wants to take a long break between Round 4 and Round 5, then that is fine as well.

Since this race does not count toward the championship, you are free and encouraged to enter a different car from the one you are running here, just for the sake of trying something different as well as the fact that a sixth car has been added to the list. The Supra will only be available in that event and I do not plan to add it for the rest of the TPC GT Championship, possibly something to keep in mind for Season 2.

I do plan to offer some testing sessions for the Spa race so that people can try out different cars, as well as try out the different tires and tire wear. Should also include some night practice as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder.
I am so sorry:
Due to the time lag (offset) I can't enter today, again. Please take me to reserve until once there will be a race on any other day of the week instead of Saturday.
Have fun!
Raph
Every race is on Saturday, the calendar is on the first post.

Oh silly me! At first glance I was happy to enter, didn't check that in my time zone the start would be on Saturday nights only.

Points have been updated as we reach the halfway point in the series. The third different manufacturer on the podium means that all the championships have closed up and shifted, I have taken over the provisional drivers' lead while Donut Racing has taken over the teams' title chase.

The race threw a few curveballs, spiner figured out the Viper's setup very well and drove it smoothly despite being ill. I made little mistakes and think I may have damaged my throttle pedal mid-race so I let second place slip away from me but Bloodyboyblue was there to take advantage the whole race. And of course, the rain that wasn't rain and made some people make some bold choices. Shame it did not pan out for them, but that's part of the challenge. It would have definitely shaken things up had that storm properly rolled through.

Remember that the Spa 24 endurance will be taking place in two weeks, it is optional for everyone, but those that wish to participate need to sign up in that other race thread.

Last edited:
A practice lobby is open for Monza. Remember, we are back to our full season cars and Hard compound tires only.

Actually I considered the Spa round as my one-off race, but after checking the calendar I thought the remaining races would fit well with Lambo, so... You'll have to invite me to the PS party again xD

GTP name - FaustoAriz
PSN name - GTC-FaustoAriz_
Race number - 53
Car selection - Lamborghini Diablo GT
You're in.

Reposting this from the Tokyo race as it applies for Monza as well:

Please be aware that the track limits are the red, green, and white kerbing and the painted white line. Two wheels must be within track limits at all times. This means the yellow sausage kerbs and green astroturf can have two wheels on it as it is beyond track limits, but not more than two. See the image for an illustration.

Points have been updated after the Monza race. Remember, the drivers' standings will have the lowest scoring round dropped from the total, so the championship is much tighter than it might seem now.

Thank you to those who turned up and especially for the patience in allowing us to reset the grid for the stragglers and for a few broken connections.

I had a very tense race throughout, getting a slow start and falling behind @Armaco and @bloodyboyblue but I was able to eventually get back 4th after a few corners side by side with Armaco. After the incidents for @Spinerkopin and @FaustoAriz I kept playing cat and mouse with BBB, falling back and then gaining a few seconds. We were within a second of each other at the pit stops, but I took on more fuel as a precaution. Again, back and forth until I had a brain fart and went wide as Lesmos, taking a trip through the sand, and in my attempt to recover, also overshooting the Ascari chicane and losing a ton of time. But it was really all BBB's race to manage once he got the lead. Good recovery by Fausto to get back to the podium after a few early mistakes, and a special shoutout to @Drex124 for managing 4th in a Lamborghini that was lacking a few horses...

Onto the hills of Sainte-Croix to end the European tour, and then final events in North America.

Last edited:
Monza! An unforgettable race I want to forget. I just wanna leave my personal review.

I think I had the best car on the grid because Diablo was so OP at Monza, but I didn't expect that I really could match Spiner at the championship debut. Qualifying was good, second place with a close gap of 6 hundredths. But the problem was not the car but the driver, who crashed into the wall on mere the third lap.

I was immediately dropped from 2nd to mid-field and actually had many interesting battles from then, a 3-way fight of Lambo for example. Due to my misjudgment of the car setup, the gearing was too short that the RPM topped out at the main straight with a slipstream and Barber's Lambo was faster at that part. So I lost tons of time and fuel. It was really fun, but from the point of view of racecrafting, it was an absolute disaster.

Eventually I took the lead of the pack, but I spent too much time in the pit and was overtaken again, and kept making big mistakes till the end of the battle. And I even met another traffic. Long story short, I was completely stuck. When the last 10 minutes/8 laps were left and I took third place again, my pace was back and I was finally able to charge quickly, setting the exact same time as the fastest lap at the final lap, but not enough to gain any more position.

Anyway, really tough race but still on the podium! I really feel bad for Spiner because I thought he would definitely win, however the death of both leaders made a really fun overall race situation and that's called an endurance race, I think. Learned a lot! Looking forward to the next race. I'm not optimistic that I will have another chance of winning at the remaining rounds though...

그란 투리스모™ 7_20230227081006-1.jpg
그란 투리스모™ 7_20230227081008-1.jpg
그란 투리스모™ 7_20230227081014-1-2.jpg
그란 투리스모™ 7_20230227081025-1-2.jpg

Last edited:
Reserves please.

GTP name - Michelin Man
PSN name - TheSweeney_
Race number - 100/35
Car selection - Honda NSX/Porsche 911 RS CS
Team (if applicable) - Team Kunimitsu/Team Taisan

Latest Posts