TPC Mini Enduro, Toyota S-FR Racing Concept at St.Croix B, 20 Laps!! Tonight, Feb 20 at 7PM EST.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 114 comments
Tonight’s race lobby is now open for practice, action starts in just over 40 min. :)

@HaydenFan69 @GTP_Guido @GTWolverine @Timm Sheehan @Norrin Radd @05XR8 @Chevy Heavy @OJBrit @Rotary_Pilot @Clean Racer @mohitraina91 @Tea_Leaves @roamingbard13 @Kermit_2142 @DesertPenguin

ACD38901-0D49-49B1-B4A6-2F620B70E2D3.jpeg

I have 2 internet connections and unfortunately the good one is NAT 3 and I think that's what caused the issues. The other one doesn't work very well especially when we have high winds and it's about 50mph just now. Playing with just UK seems to work fine, but Americas don't seem to work. Thought last time might not have been me, but now think it is. Until we get the fibre link I'll just have to play more locally. Anyway thanks for the chance to play.

Good luck all.

Sorry to see you had issues Norrin.

Well that was lots of fun.
Somehow qualified higher than I thought. Then I was able to keep up with some of you guys for a few laps until I dipped a rear tyre on the inch of grass on the run to turn 4. Round I went. Then a couple of laps later the car decided not to turn at turn 1. Pitted and got a rhythm again. Then the car went understeery again, lost lots of time and probably gave Rotary_Pilot the sniff of blood. But managed to get her back under control again and set my fastest lap doing this combo on lap 18. Finished respectably in P12. With the time I lost crashing. :banghead: I would have been on the back of those in front. That pleases me that I was able to keep pace. I was thinking during the race that racing with people who know how to race brought a higher gear out of me and pushed me on.
It was great to see some of you on track for once, and was good fun racing you. :gtpflag:

Best moment was seeing the car meet at turn 1 in qualifying.
20210221_003151.jpg

Now bed calls. I was surprised at my second wheel of the day as I crossed the midnight line. :D
Thanks again.

@OJBrit

My first time on a lobby race. Had the yips in Qual, and first few laps, couldn't find a rhythm and just generally was bad. Pitted one lap later than I should have, but got into a better rhythm. Saw the delta drop hard on lap 14 and then I started making some tenths here and there. Had you in sight and was almost in the slip, so of course I overcooked it coming onto the front straight and kissed the wall, after that it was a done deal, and you were pulling away again at any rate.

Thanks @Pigems for putting this on, great experience, I'll get faster.

Chevy Heavy was checking out and had Hayden69 ahead, pulling away on corner exits. All I had to stay in conatct, was the downhill ess before the bridge and the dip-per esses, before the run to the final corner. Couldn't work out how Chev and Hayden were pulling me on corner exits. Listened to their engine notes and they weren't changing gears. Decided to try 4th in some of the corners and my acceleration was quicker. The 5th gear pull is ridiculous. I could have probably qualified better using that.

Anyway, I mentioned my fingers were on the cusp of tinglingafter 15 laps. Last 3 laps, I just had enough. The car had grip. Then, it didn't. Then, I had speed. Then, no speed. Was purple in about two sectors towards the end of the race. Think I did my fastest Lap toward the end. Just had to stay fighting. Chev was ahead. Then, I got ahead. Then, Hayden got ahead. Crazy how many position changes happened due to cisrcumstances.
i had about a 3 second gap. I come out of the right hand bowl before the back straight. My finger goes a bit numb and I hit a couple gears DOWN! Dagnabbit! Here comes Hayden full speed.
Did my best to maximise corner exit momentum. Good clean racing. Good stuff.

I’ll take that 5th. Just didn’t have enough at the end to hold off @05XR8, no matter how hard I threw it into the corners.

I was hoping you and @05XR8 would battle a little more so I could catch back up. Us three were pretty close the whole race. Great fun racin'. Thanks to @Pigems for picking a good race. And **** that wall at the bridge. :lol:

Thanks for hosting this event @Pigems.

Experienced a first last night - it was the first time I completed all the laps in one of our races!

Was a close one for me, on lap 18 @mohitraina91 was running about 4-5 seconds behind me (about to pass me for the lap) and I thought for sure he was gonna get me so pushed (probably a little harder than should) and somehow made it around past the bridge on lap 19 when I heard him talking about hitting the jetty on the bridge. Sorry mate but I was screaming "Yeah Baby!!" because I knew at that point I had a chance to get around to the start/finish line before him to start my lap 20 and avoid being lapped.

Awesome race, thanks again to all for the fun.

And **** that wall at the bridge.

Amen :lol:

Good racing with you all last night. The bad news is that I hit that wall at the bridge and lost 14 (!!!) seconds as a result. The good news is that it meant that I had people to race for the last few laps rather than being on my own, and it was great chasing Guido and being chased by GentlemanRacer the rest of the race.

Thanks for waiting for me y'all, and maybe I'll get more than a handful of laps in for the next one!

Thanks for hosting @Pigems ! Great combo, as always.

Last edited:
This was a blast...for the brief moment I got to be a part of it :lol:. At least I can say I led for 100% of the time I was in the race. :lol:
Right before I disconnected, on my screen I saw @mohitraina91 fall to 3rd place when he'd been in 2nd and catching me, so I assumed he'd crashed behind me and I just didn't see it. Then I looked at the track map and saw no one was moving except me, so I knew it was about to be the end for me...

@Pigems, thanks again for organizing this. i am slow messaging during the event, i noticed that the lobby was full, I wasnt 100% sure that there was a spot for me, I hope i didnt knock someone out. super fun and clean. I watched the replay to see where and why i had mishaps, and to make sure i didnt do anything dumb, at least i didnt wreck anyone. @equus, did you see how much air you got from hitting that cone?
good group of guys

Back