TPC Mini Enduro, Toyota S-FR Racing Concept at St.Croix B, 20 Laps!! Tonight, Feb 20 at 7PM EST.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 114 comments
Maybe all those 30 minute races I’ve been running in ACC and PC2 are paying off. Ran 16 laps today, and it went by pretty quickly. I suspect this race to be about a 45-47 minute race.

Though, how much time I lose taking tires in a stop? @Pigems, I’m still thinking about that no tire stop. I was losing about 8 tenths a lap with the heavy fuel, so probably a 7.5 second loss after the pit stop.

Last edited:
Maybe all those 30 minute races I’ve been running in ACC and PC2 are paying off. Ran 16 laps today, and it went by pretty quickly. I suspect this race to be about a 45-47 minute race.

Though, how much time I loss taking tires in a stop? @Pigems, I’m still thinking about that no tire stop. I was losing about 8 tenths a lap with the heavy fuel, so probably a 7.5 second loss after the pit stop.

It’s already going to be a long stop for fuel, I had to take on 9 laps worth I think? So for the 2/3s a tire change adds to that pit stop, I don’t think it will be worth it. I think you will lose more in the second stint on the old tires, than you will gain in the pits by not changing them.

Side Note, the fuel lasts about 11 laps, so I wouldn’t advise that anyone pits before lap 9, unless you plan to stop twice. 👍 I’m assuming most people will pit between lap 9 and 11, making the under/over cut a possibility too. :)

Last edited:
@Pigems Sorry, I have to back off :( . With 2:28+ laps times I'm a bad joke.

Oh come on, I need someone to race. The rest of the field will be running sub one minute laps so I could use some competition!

I will post my best lap (L5 of 5 - 4th test session tonight posted too) using the tags tpc, toyota, s-fr. Pay particular attention to the OTHER real lap times I was running (hint they are the real ones).

Though, how much time I lose taking tires in a stop? @Pigems, I’m still thinking about that no tire stop. I was losing about 8 tenths a lap with the heavy fuel, so probably a 7.5 second loss after the pit stop.

Although, on second thought. If you can find a juicy draft and fuel save your way to a 13/14 lap first stint without losing to much time. Only having to take 6/7 laps worth of fuel and skipping the tire change may be worth it in that case? Hmmm?

Last edited:
I got Michael Jordon to sponsor me for the race. You might say I'm a shoe-in to win. :D

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210218010855.jpg

Slapped my racing livery on it and jumped into a practice race.
7358957728292668416_0.jpg

This is a very good car and easy to do consistent laps in.

Just 1 question. The power and weight *cough*mass*cough*, are they from the BOP settings for the track? If so I think you have them round the wrong way. Just checking so I don't have to mess around with any settings.

Slapped my racing livery on it and jumped into a practice race.
7358957728292668416_0.jpg

This is a very good car and easy to do consistent laps in.

Just 1 question. The power and weight *cough*mass*cough*, are they from the BOP settings for the track? If so I think you have them round the wrong way. Just checking so I don't have to mess around with any settings.

Nope, it’s not BoP. It’s a custom power and weight just for this race. 114% Power, 99% Weight. 👍

Ran a few laps tonight, haven't driven this track. Seems like fun, but I've got some time to put in. There's matte blue paint all over the walls now. Hope that doesn't ruin anyone brake markers.:D

Also it helped me add some new aero and grey stripes to the #64 SF-R

Yeah it can be a daunting track. This is the tamest layout, try C for some fun. In B the 2 long downhill rights are the worst. I think I have a technique for the first one, but the 2nd one still bites me now and then.

Back