TPC present the Alfa Romeo MITO Malpractice

Besides the lag, that was absolutely fabulous. Some tight battles, some paint scratches, lots of nerve-wracking fun.

Thanks again Grandpa for the event, thanks to everyone for the fun race. A MiTo cup series would be awesome.

Edit: the picture of me in the gravel is of course embarrassing... 🤣
I think all of us except maybe Sweeney had a trip to the beach at some point during the race

There where several, if not all of us jumping around. You did it from the very beginning in the server but it was less later on.
That's interesting. I noticed Sweeney in the race, and DelboyD a little bit, but not much else. Watching the replay, my ride looks completely smooth, without any issues, Sweeney is jumping around wildly, phreelickz and DelboyD a bit. So it seems inconsistent what you see in the race compared what the others see, and also compared to the replay? I hope that gets sorted out somehow...

Aye, from my perspective everyone was a little jumpy. Even though I setup a wired connection recently, it may be issues from my side. Internet reliability here in this area has been an issue at times, so I hope it wasn't too bad for you guys. At points it seemed to improve, but I think it's just how lobbies are at the moment. It's a similar situation with DRWF lobbies, so it's not something we have control of now it seems. Lobby reliability has seemed a bit more stable since the last update at least.

Anyway, as for the race itself it was a really fun combo. Lago Maggiore West End is fast becoming one of my favourite short-track variants in GT7. It was a lot of fun with the S15 Silvia when that was a Daily A combo several weeks ago, ideal for road cars really. The Mito is a blast, bags of grip with a lot of adjustability in the corners with lift-off oversteer. And with the anti-lag it becomes a raspy little flamethrower off throttle :lol:.

I have an R53 Cooper S tuned to drive in a similar manner (albeit with more power), so I'd be tempted to tweak the Mito to test alongside on track. Many thanks @RacingGrandpa for organising, I'd say that was a successful test of the waters for a potential series idea 👍.

Last edited:
Anyway, as for the race itself it was a really fun combo. Lago Maggiore is fast becoming one of my favourite short-track variants in GT7. It was a lot of fun with the S15 Silvia when that was a Daily A combo several weeks ago, ideal for road cars really. The Mito is a blast, bags of grip with a lot of adjustability in the corners with lift-off oversteer. And with the anti-lag it becomes a raspy little flamethrower off throttle :lol:.
I think I held you up quite a bit on the first stint, although I thought had a good pace for my humble standards.

My feeling was that I did corners 1 and 2 quite well (did I?), the hairpin was hit or miss, and botched the corner exit out of banky boy most of the time (it can't be that tiny little car providing so much slipstream that everybody caught up on me on the uphill section :) )

I think I held you up quite a bit on the first stint, although I thought had a good pace for my humble standards.

My feeling was that I did corners 1 and 2 quite well (did I?), the hairpin was hit or miss, and botched the corner exit out of banky boy most of the time (it can't be that tiny little car providing so much slipstream that everybody caught up on me on the uphill section :) )
Oh not at all, I was pushing as fast as I could in the first stint, but I could not find a way past so fair play to yourself :cheers:.

You had Turns 1 and 2 sorted very nicely, as that was where I was losing any time I gained on you early on. It wasn't until after my pitstop that started to find a rhythm myself. It took me a while to sort my braking points into T1 and the hairpin, as I was pretty sloppy in the first stint.

Last edited:
Oh not at all, I was pushing as fast as I could in the first stint, but I could not find a way past so fair play to yourself :cheers:.

You had Turns 1 and 2 sorted very nicely, as that was where I was losing any time I gained on you early on. It wasn't until after my pitstop that started to find a rhythm myself. It took me a while to sort my braking points into T1 and the hairpin, as I was pretty sloppy in the first stint.

So we can sum it up like this: In a Modified MiTo a Koncentrated Kowalski is barely as fast as a Sloppy Sweeney 🤣

So we can sum it up like this: In a Modified MiTo a Koncentrated Kowalski is barely as fast as a Sloppy Sweeney 🤣

You're doing yourself a disservice to be fair, you were no slouch. It looked like the 3 of you had a battle in the 2nd stint, which probably helped me pull a gap. It was also one of those rare races where I didn't make a big mistake or end up in the gravel :lol:. I'm inconsistent at the best of times!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the racing.

I was there too.... For the 1st lap. :lol:

Needed to get a shot of my Milano Club decal. :)

5bcbe2f2fd414414b91613b4462a8dcf_photo.webp

Latest Posts

Back