TPC present the De Tomaso Terror Run Round II!

On vacation right now. Coming home Saturday so can't check before that, but the pictures in the spoiler should tell you
Both alternatives are shown in the spoiler, one before and one after changing settings, I assume? If the last change in settings defines which power/weight the car should have, then it should be 443/1107.

Happy holidays!

Hey @RacingGrandpa , finally got around buying GT7 and getting my PS4 out of storage. Sign me up as a reserve please. Will try to make it, but as it is a Saturday night, not a 100% certain it'll work.

PSN: RufusGoldstryff
GTP: R_Goldstreiff
#: 196

Planning on running this replica livery by zelda-59:
1660568097670.png

I'm trying to do a livery myself for once rather than just grabbing someone else's, but it's going to look terrible compared to that.
Do not have a creative bone in my body, failed art class at school.

Did you make it yourself? It's brilliant.
Thanks for the comments. I find Google images is a good source of inspiration for liveries. This was actually a very simple livery using only the preset shapes in the editor. Some of the decals were sourced from here https://gtswiki.gt-beginners.net/decal/?lang=us . You can create virtually anything in the livery editor once you learn it's nuances. I found this video which does a good job with explaining some of the more advanced methods of applying decals.

Today I learned BST is British Summer Time.

Remember the race is BST. Not GMT+1. Not UTC+1. EST+6 or PST +8. Also not JST, CST, IST or AEST. And the clock is a 24hr clock. Not a 12 hr clock.

Don't get confused and miss the race. :mischievous:

Lasted about a dozen laps before my connection had a wobbly. Don’t know if it was my end or the others, but everyone was glitching all over the place.

Fun while it lasted, though I was incredibly slow. Had to tiptoe through the sector 1 esses, car was going sideways all the time.

No connection issues for me. I just could not drive straight today, figured I'd be lapped multiple times, so I decided to spectate. :)

I lasted 4 laps before it disconnected me. Not sure if it was my internet or just instability on the server/lobby. Seeing as I was kicked from the party chat too. First lap was especially jittery for me, so perhaps the writing was on the wall. At the start I ran into the back of someone and caused a little concertina effect into T1, as cars were teleporting into the corner for me. So apologies if that caused issues. At the very least, I was happy with how my Pantera turned out, not that it matters much racing in the dark :lol:

20830240243259882.jpg

For what it's worth, at DRWF last night everyone experienced similar lag and instability issues. A little disheartening after a week of lobby stability since the last update. It could also just be issues with my connection here, so it is what it is.

Either way, cheers for organising @RacingGrandpa, it's a fun combo and I enjoy driving the Pantera in this Gr.4 guise. In fact I have an unfinished 512 BB Competizione build, set to similar era Group 4 specs. Makes me want to finish that now... 🤔 .

Last edited:
The server and the party was on different consoles. To avoid overloading mine

The time on the server seemed to be stuck, it was supposed to move at 12x but never channged.

Thanks for showing all. I'll redo all my fixed IP stuff for the next round.

Yes, there will be more rounds!!

Other changes will be tire wear at 3, and starting with 65% fuel.

Next race will be at My Panorama, followed by a Monza finish of the season.

I hope you all show up for the next one too.

Thanks Grandpa for organizing the event. Fabulous track, and a great car which wants to kill me any minute.😆

Apologies to everyone I hit in the first corner 😇. And to Mr. Tetsudo, if he reads this. I certainly know what the blue flag means, I just went so far out of your way to let you pass that I touched the grass with my right rear wheel and spun.

Anyway, I'll certainly be back in the next one!

The time on the server seemed to be stuck, it was supposed to move at 12x but never channged.
Because we already reached the end of the time in practise and a race start doesn't reset the clock.
I certainly know what the blue flag means, I just went so far out of your way to let you pass that I touched the grass with my right rear wheel and spun.
You slowed down to what felt like 5kph in the turn and I had no idea what your plan was. Next time just continue driving your race ;)
And maybe look into improving your connection, you were teleporting around the track ridiculously at times. At some point you were 5m in the air pointing upwards like a plane ready for takeoff and next second your car was literally in the fencing :lol:

Lasted about a dozen laps before my connection had a wobbly. Don’t know if it was my end or the others, but everyone was glitching all over the place.

Fun while it lasted, though I was incredibly slow. Had to tiptoe through the sector 1 esses, car was going sideways all the time.

Everybody I met on the track except @RacingGrandpa himself was glitching, including myself.

Sector 1 I just figured out shortly before the race, by purchasing the big rear wing instead of the small, almost invisible one, and cranking it up to full downforce.

You slowed down to what felt like 5kph in the turn and I had no idea what your plan was. Next time just continue driving your race ;)

Yeah the problem started earlier. Considering the tempo in which you were catching up, I calculated I could let you pass safely on the next home straight. Then I botched the chicane, and everything fell apart 😅.

Abou the connection issues:

Here is Famines check list for connection issues.

I'll look into this. I've already tried similar stuff according to some YT tutorial. Doesn't seem to work so well. I've got cable connection, and I am paying for 1000Mbit of bandwith, which sometimes is there, sometimes not. As stated before, Germany is a third world country in that regard.
And I assume that soon we will have rationed internet connections, to save electrical energy...😬

But yesterday it seemed to be more of a general problem anyways.

Last edited:
Everybody I met on the track except @RacingGrandpa himself was glitching, including myself.

Sector 1 I just figured out shortly before the race, by purchasing the big rear wing instead of the small, almost invisible one, and cranking it up to full downforce.

Yeah the problem started earlier. Considering the tempo in which you were catching up, I calculated I could let you pass safely on the next home straight. Then I botched the chicane, and everything fell apart 😅.

Abou the connection issues:

I'll look into this. I've already tried similar stuff according to some YT tutorial. Doesn't seem to work so well. I've got cable connection, and I am paying for 1000Mbit of bandwith, which sometimes is there, sometimes not. As stated before, Germany is a third world country in that regard.
And I assume that soon we will have rationed internet connections, to save electrical energy...😬

But yesterday it seemed to be more of a general problem anyways.
Plenty of people had problems yesterday, that's true.

On the subject of settings I think I had the lowest downforce of us all and I ended up last. I was controling the car with the throttle up through the esses and in other turns, lift slightly to get turn-in, press the loud pedal to force rotation. Was very fun but probably not very consistent

Last edited:
I didn’t think to change the downforce, just had the car set up exactly as in the opening post. Thought you were all doing the same. No wonder everyone disappeared into the night.

I didn’t think to change the downforce, just had the car set up exactly as in the opening post. Thought you were all doing the same. No wonder everyone disappeared into the night.
I wasn't actually that much faster with the increased downforce, but I stopped spinning out every other lap...🤣

Back