TPC Presents: 300km of Watkins Glen - 23rd JulyFinished 

@The359 Can you explain how you were fuel saving and also 10mph faster on the straights? With stock power, weight, turbo, and gears?
I wasn't running traction control and I had much better runs through Turn 1 due to early braking and powering through the apex so I had far better exit speed, amd I also used Barber's initial testing setup and took rear downforce off of it for more straight line speed.

Oh, and revving it too high in red line robs you of top speed.

Last edited:
I wasn't running traction control and I had much better runs through Turn 1 due to early braking and powering through the apex so I had far better exit speed, amd I also used Barber's initial testing setup and took rear downforce off of it for more straight line speed.
Interesting. I was running low TC, and getting a very good line through T1. Low rear downforce.

Was a very up and down race for me, had pace and strategy but clearly struggled with a few spins of my own causing, plus one bit of bad luck with netcode (see below). Apologies to those in GT3 that I tagged while trying to overtake, the closing speeds were something I was learning on the fly in this race, and some jittery lag made it difficult to predict what direction some cars were going.

Was a very up and down race for me, had pace and strategy but clearly struggled with a few spins of my own causing, plus one bit of bad luck with netcode (see below). Apologies to those in GT3 that I tagged while trying to overtake, the closing speeds were something I was learning on the fly in this race, and some jittery lag made it difficult to predict what direction some cars were going.

My god, that lag teleported you both to the realm.

Cheers for organising @Adam Barber, and well done to all :cheers: .

Great race overall, Ford GT was a pleasure to drive for 47 laps. Easily one of my favourite cars in the class.

I had a close race with @Comrad. Those final laps were tense! Just a few tenths separating us at the finish. I think we both ran into issues at various points, though admittedly I may have been at times more fortunate with how the Hypercars caught us at times. Such is the nature of Watkins Glen, catching traffic at the chicane or anywhere in The Boot made things sketchy. GTE as a whole seemed closely matched. We were nicely bunched up in the early stages.

Made it interesting to go from day to night too. I lost my rhythm initially when it got dark. Visibility was low, and I made a series of little errors to begin with. That said, it looked great as the sun set.

I know there were two disconnects, but generally lobby stability seemed decent. My connection has been poor in recent months but it held up ok, if a little jumpy initially. I hope it wasn't too bad for everyone else. Been experimenting with various settings to try and improve stability.

1823225673f95-screenshotUrl.jpg

Clearly your side drafting sucked him into you. :D

Back