TPC Presents: Knuckleheads Rally

New Zealand
New Plymouth
rallyguess.png

Today we present the Knuckleheads Rally. Trying to bring back the 1 chance, fairly unsighted feel of a traditional Stage Rally using the Group B cars in game.

The rally will take place over 6 stages. 3 will be on the Rally tracks provided in game, 3 will be held on Asphalt race tracks. To keep to the idea that this is a classic rally where you only have some vague pace notes from the co-driver the tracks and directions we will be racing will not be fully revealed until the day of the race to prevent practice.

The Cars will be the Group B cars with BoP on. Maximum 2 entries with each car. Due to suspected BoP issues the Audi is currently banned unless further testing reveals it is fine.
We will be running Dirt Tires on the Dirt Stages and Full Wets on the Asphalt. (Don't want people getting spoiled for grip)

All Stock Liveries are banned. Heretical Liveries encouraged. Liveries need to abide by GTPlanet rules.
Driver Name required and car number reguired to be easily visible.
Taste is subjective, let fly.

Lobby will be open 30 minutes prior to racing on a random asphalt practice track, we will not run a stage on that track.
There will be a 1 lap Grid Start no rules test race at Northern Isle to determine start positions and hopefully confirm lobby stability.
Each stage will consist of drivers running 1 outlap and 1 flying lap. The time for the flying lap is your time for that stage.
wall contact penalties will be on weak, track cut penalties will be on strong.
Please confirm your time yourself in case of timing screen glitch or if Race Director is on his out or flying lap.
Drivers will leave in 15 second intervals for their outlap, on shorter tracks we will run 2 or 3 groups to prevent cars disturbing or running in to each other as they try to run their stage. Once you leave the pits for your outlap you are on the stage and there are no restarts. (some technical problems may allow for a restart due to current PSN stability issues.)
Times will be recorded and the stage winner will be first on track at the following stage.
Stage times will be compiled to provide a total rally time and confirm winner. Stage winners will also be announced.

For entries include:
GTPlanet name:
PSN:
Car Choice:
Car Number:

Any other questions of rules please post directly.

Last edited:
Entry List:

1: Redneckchef / phreelickz / Toyota 86 / 33

2: Drex124 / Drex125 / Focus / 3

3: The359 / The359 / Toyota 86 / 17

4: The_Tullster / TPC_Fudsy / Mustang / 27 or 74

5: afraidracer / afraidracer / Focus / (that's a maybe baby)

6: 0604 / Kaizen-Teian / WRX / 64

7: bloodyboyblue / bloodyboyblue / Lancer / 25

8: GOTMAXPOWER / GOTMAXPOWER / Lancer / 42

9: challenger001 / challenger001 / Peugeot / 51

10: MaxAttack / TPC_MaxAttack / Hyundai / 83

11:

12:

13:

14:

15:

16: Kermit_2142 / Kermit_2142 / Hyundai / 46

Reserves or possibles:

1: delboyD / delboyD / TBC / 5

Last edited:
bloodyboyblue
bloodyboyblue
Mitsubishi

Heavy wet tires even on dry tracks seems insane so of course I have to join. The old IRS RallyX series was one of the highlights of playing GTS so I’m glad to be able to use the Group B cars again.

In my experience though these cars work best with shortcut penalty and grip reduction off so you can run anywhere

Last edited:
I'll be sending out friends requests tonight to anyone I find not on my list. Have finalized tracks and a reminder that paved tracks will be picked based on ability to challenge the car and act a bit messy.

But the Nurburgring is not happening so we cam forget that one.

And I promise I will have not been practicing so if a track turns out to be a bit of a letdown then we will just learn and move on.

Does anybody have a spare livery available please (any car) or want a team mate for tomorrow? I’m going to struggle to whip up anything heretically decent in time. Thanks in advance :cheers:

@Redneckchef unless I get called out to work I should make the race/rally ok.

Last edited:
Does anybody have a spare livery available please (any car) or want a team mate for tomorrow? I’m going to struggle to whip up anything heretically decent in time. Thanks in advance :cheers:

@Redneckchef unless I get called out to work I should make the race/rally ok.
Hyundai stock livery is nice enough... I'll run with you, why not

Hyundai stock livery is nice enough... I'll run with you, why not
Livery rules: "All stock liveries are banned" 😂

Would you like me to run up an M-Power livery for you to use on the Hyundai...?
Or another car if you don't take the Hyundai...

Last edited:
Livery rules: "All stock liveries are banned" 😂

Would you like me to run up an M-Power livery for you to use on the Hyundai...?
Or another car if you don't take the Hyundai...
Uhhhhh can I get a Jolly Club Carlos Sainz Delta Integrale on that?

Back