TPC Presents: Lancia Stratos Rallycross @ Catalunya, Sunday November 15th

• Thread starter MaxAttack
  • 73 comments
Thankyou all for coming out, a bit of a slapdash affair as organisation goes but I hope everyone had as much fun as I did!

Tonight's champion is @Harsk100 who dominated the latter half of proceedings with some excellent drives... Or maybe he didn't, I couldn't really see to be honest!

Congratulations also to @HaydenFan69 and @Drex124 who round out tonight's podium.

Excellent action from everyone and I particularly appreciated your patience with my erratic organisation style.

This was an experiment I couldn't have done without you all so thankyou!

I hope I see you all at my next stupid idea of a race!

:cheers:

Yes, thanks for the event @MaxAttack! It was great fun. Happy to have won my semi-finals heat, small mistakes kept me from the podium in the final and the über-final with everybody at the end (spinning on the last corner, oh boi) ;). But I think this was more about fun than results. Really liked it, only sad part is, that there is no replay to make photos out of. Maybe the next challenge will be to find a full lap around a track with rallycross elements ^^ But this weird section around the complex at Catalunya was definetly a gem and felt like a perfect rallycross layout.

Thx @HaydenFan69, that explains why all this dirt road is there in the first place ^^ Maybe at Brands Hatch Indy one could simply go over the grass at the last section? I thought a "Rallycross" style could be to simply put off penalties and allow any way around a track which seems fastest, while still being clean with each other. If we'd put grip reduction to weak this might help in the regard of encouraging alternative track paths but would make the feel less realistic (btw, is this even true or is weak grip reduction the same hoax as "weak" slip, were that one is actually stronger than the realistic slip setting?). And yes, more different class races on the Catalunya layout would be cool as well! I think the system worked really well yesterday.

Thx @HaydenFan69, that explains why all this dirt road is there in the first place ^^ Maybe at Brands Hatch Indy one could simply go over the grass at the last section? I thought a "Rallycross" style could be to simply put off penalties and allow any way around a track which seems fastest, while still being clean with each other. If we'd put grip reduction to weak this might help in the regard of encouraging alternative track paths but would make the feel less realistic (btw, is this even true or is weak grip reduction the same hoax as "weak" slip, were that one is actually stronger than the realistic slip setting?). And yes, more different class races on the Catalunya layout would be cool as well! I think the system worked really well yesterday.
Weak grip will be more grip than the real setting, because PD logic.

Since everyone seemed to have fun I'll definitely be taking another few free runs around to see if I can find another track that supports this format. In preparation for this event I did visit a few tracks but nothing yielded as surefire a RX track as Catalunya. The next closest is probably Horse Thief Mile which has some dirt sliproads.

If you do want to see some footage from last night, obviously we couldn't get official replays, but @Pigems did record a couple, from spectate and from his POV, which you can check out on his YouTube (also called Pigems)

Again, I had a blast so if you're interested in more keep an eye out - I will tag you when I come up with something.

Back