(Track Path Editor) On-Track Items

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 11 comments
United States
Florida, USA
Formidable_LG
Formidable77
So as we all know, we have the ability to add off-track items for scenery (bridges, trees, grandstands, etc.) to make the track more enjoyable and pleasing to the eye. There's something, though, that could make the tracks more interesting, and that's on-track items. Here are some ideas:

1. Barriers/Haystacks/Barrels
Barriers can be used for a lot of things. For an on-track object, it can be used as a chicane. A lot of city circuits use them, but regular circuits use them also. Here are some examples:

haystackchicken.png

27A3BBA500000578-0-image-a-19_1429204784679.jpg

2. Run-off Areas

Many modern circuits today have concrete run-off areas, especially near corners. This is to keep the cars from getting into serious accidents just from running a little wider than usual. Here's some tracks that give examples:

ricard.jpg

Fast-sweepers-at-the-Circuit-of-the-Americas-Inaugural-F1-USGP.jpg

3. Crossover Bridge/Jump

Obviously, this is where two parts of the track intersect. Here's an idea of how it could work:
1. Going into Item Mode
2. Pressing the Crossover Bridge Icon and placing it wherever
3. Go into Layout Mode and connect the track to the start crossover (an icon or highlighted area will indicate the cross-over)
4. Continue making the track by starting from the other end of the crossover

An example of this would be Suzuka's crossover:

resize

Same with a crossover jump, like this:

xgames-2010-jump_opt-3.jpg

These are only a few ideas, so feel free to share yours if you have one! Make sure to give it a like if you agree! :cheers:

:gtpflag:

So as we all know, we have the ability to add off-track items for scenery (bridges, trees, grandstands, etc.) to make the track more enjoyable and pleasing to the eye. There's something, though, that could make the tracks more interesting, and that's on-track items. Here are some ideas:

1. Barriers/Haystacks/Barrels
Barriers can be used for a lot of things. For an on-track object, it can be used as a chicane. A lot of city circuits use them, but regular circuits use them also. Here are some examples:

View attachment 478038
27A3BBA500000578-0-image-a-19_1429204784679.jpg

2. Run-off Areas

Many modern circuits today have concrete run-off areas, especially near corners. This is to keep the cars from getting into serious accidents just from running a little wider than usual. Here's some tracks that give examples:

ricard.jpg

Fast-sweepers-at-the-Circuit-of-the-Americas-Inaugural-F1-USGP.jpg

3. Crossover Bridge/Jump

Obviously, this is where two parts of the track intersect. Here's an idea of how it could work:
1. Going into Item Mode
2. Pressing the Crossover Bridge Icon and placing it wherever
3. Go into Layout Mode and connect the track to the start crossover (an icon or highlighted area will indicate the cross-over)
4. Continue making the track by starting from the other end of the crossover

An example of this would be Suzuka's crossover:

resize

Same with a crossover jump, like this:

xgames-2010-jump_opt-3.jpg

These are only a few ideas, so feel free to share yours if you have one! Make sure to give it a like if you agree! :cheers:

:gtpflag:
What about skyscrapers, for the many SSR11 tracks?

I

Think that would be more of an off track feature, but still a good idea 👍
Also maybe the feature to add anything out of the track (other roads, utility vehicles, billboards,...).
Also, maybe an environment editor. Wanted to create a city? Actually, that would be for an open world GT.

What about about barrels or tire stacks that can be placed just outside the track, for example to prevent corner cutting?

Wonderful idea, totally support:tup:. What I would like to be able to do in the track path editor is this:

• In regarding of the "Image reference" in the themes, why can't we manually move the items that is already in there around to where we want them to be?. And instead of "woods", let's have 5 or 6 different types of trees, one without leaves on it, one with 30% leaves on, one with 70% leaves on, and one with 100% leaves, all with different shapes and forms. And with it an index slider to dictate which colour for the leaves (light brown, dark brown, light yellow, dark yellow, light red, dark red, light green, dark green).
  • sentul_600.jpg

• The picture above is an example of what I mean about how useful it would be to manually place items on to the image, with an zoom in and zoom out ability, manually dictate where there needs to be a run off area, and how long and how big.
  • It would also be great to have different types of "Tribunes" in shape and form. Different kinds of buildings small and big.
  • The freedom to place people along the track, and in big groups on high banking areas.
  • Different types of "Marshall posts", with the ability to manually place marshalls outside the post.
  • To place light poles, different sizes of signs, and big water tanks or tubes.
  • To place a run over tunnel, or bridge that doesn't connect with the track layout in two or three different looks and shapes.
  • I would love if we could manually type in or dictate how long the sf-straight has to be, where the pit entry has to be and the pit exit, that would be great.
That could maybe also dictate how the pit building will end up look like. Or we could have some to choose from.

So what I want is to take advantage of the image reference, and to manually move the giving items around in the themes in track path editor to eliminate the limitations that we have now to let it be more random and personality.
Manually create elevation changes would be great too, but I'm not an expert, but it would be great to have it. That's it from me, maybe the staff or Kaz will read this, and think of a way to use it in a future GT7 development:):bowdown:

Wonderful idea, totally support:tup:. What I would like to be able to do in the track path editor is this:

• In regarding of the "Image reference" in the themes, why can't we manually move the items that is already in there around to where we want them to be?. And instead of "woods", let's have 5 or 6 different types of trees, one without leaves on it, one with 30% leaves on, one with 70% leaves on, and one with 100% leaves, all with different shapes and forms. And with it an index slider to dictate which colour for the leaves (light brown, dark brown, light yellow, dark yellow, light red, dark red, light green, dark green).
  • View attachment 634443
  • The picture above is an example of what I mean about how useful it would be to manually place items on to the image, with an zoom in and zoom out ability, manually dictate where there needs to be a run off area, and how long and how big.
  • It would also be great to have different types of "Tribunes" in shape and form. Different kinds of buildings small and big.
  • The freedom to place people along the track, and in big groups on high banking areas.
  • Different types of "Marshall posts", with the ability to manually place marshalls outside the post.
  • To place light poles, different sizes of signs, and big water tanks or tubes.
  • To place a run over tunnel, or bridge that doesn't connect with the track layout in two or three different looks and shapes.
  • I would love if we could manually type in or dictate how long the sf-straight has to be, where the pit entry has to be and the pit exit, that would be great.
That could maybe also dictate how the pit building will end up look like. Or we could have some to choose from.

So what I want is to take advantage of the image reference, and to manually move the giving items around in the themes in track path editor to eliminate the limitations that we have now to let it be more random and personality.
Manually create elevation changes would be great too, but I'm not an expert, but it would be great to have it. That's it from me, maybe the staff or Kaz will read this, and think of a way to use it in a future GT7 development:):bowdown:

I think what you're suggesting would work better in a LittleBigPlanet Karting-style editor.

Back