Track Tester Request Thread

gtsmashbros

(Banned)
United States
California
Cabriolet21
Rebel Against This Empire!!!
So this is basically a thread where you can exchange PSNs so that you can test each others tracks and give opinions, ideas, and the like. After you get someone's PSN, feel free to use this thread to specify things such as cars, horsepower, weight, etc.

To get the ball rolling:

GTP name: gtsmashbros
PSN: Cabriolet21

Have Fun!:)

I have Velocity Mountain shared right now.

Velocity Mountain is good for race cars and sports cars both. It was equally enjoyable in my GT-R GT500 and in my stock GT-R. It's wide and fast (duh) with a long flat out dog-leg straight. But also has 1 very technical section and 1 medium technical section. It has less elevation change than most eifel tracks. And no crazy blind falling-away off-camber turns.

VelocityMountain.jpg

HaylRayzor

Last edited:
PSN ID: GTP_WuMing77

I have a Mt. Aso based track called "Yorkshire Moors" available for D/L now. It features a mixture of low/med/high speed corners with many camber and elevation changes I would expect to challenge all kinds of vehicles and drivers.

Last edited:
I noticed that I can only upload 1 track right now, Does anyone know if you get allotted more as you level up?
I made a fun track with some jumps and hills, good for all but carts.

PSN GT-R_HumboldtEF

I have uploaded Strada Provinciale, a nice tarmac rally track connecting three different roads.
The layout fits the elevation changes in the terrain pretty well, giving a realistic feeling about it. It has 2 wide flat-out sections, followed by three narrow technical areas, and 2 others making a nice transition.
Feel free to try, I hope you'll enjoy.

PSN: syagre

Alright guys, I will add you all and test your tracks. I have two up so far:

Endoring (a high speed track with long, sweeping corners connected by tight corners.)

Desert Freeway (A track that my brother made. Long, hard, and hilly. Good Luck!)

psn: oskierox

I think Hilltop Raceway is a fun one for quick cars, as its a bit lengthy but prototypes or quick exotics especially an F1 car would be great around it.

My other one is just a hilly mess, fun in an M3 for sure :P

Very cool idea. I'm just starting to play with the course maker today.
Friend request me and I'll be glad to check out your tracks and let you know when I have tracks up for you to check out.

I just realized that I didn't have my two courses set to share. They are up for real now. Also, GTSmashbros, I have been playing Huntingdon Beach Raceway: At first I felt like it was kind of wide and hard to find the line, but after I got the hang of it, I like it a lot. It would be awesome with a pack of Group C cars. Unfortunately I don't have any yet.

Edit:
Apparently you can only share one track at a time? I am having trouble uploading my second one (the first one I made), Mt. Aso Greenway. Oh well.

PSN: rean2
i have a good track called devil's flight, hard track, its pretty technical, but you have to watch out for the flying cars and the AI spinning out everywhere. Its a good track to race with high performance cars :P

Last edited:
Also, GTSmashbros, I have been playing Huntingdon Beach Raceway:

I also did a few laps on that track yesterday. It's pretty good. No annoying blind falling-away corners. Although I personally prefer a track that's more technical.

i made a mt aso track called parkway drive-a reference to the band :P and the straight is where the AIs are sure to stuff up and their cars, and- if you're not careful, your car too...

PSN id- Samwich_24

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm getting around to testing tracks, I've already tested some of them. I'll send you guys messages thru GT5, as that is easier for me.

I finally finished my track after much manipulation to get it just like I wanted.
I would appreciate friend requests and testing of my "Scenic Hill" course.

Nice thread.
I'll give a try to some of your tracks.

I think the best way for tester to actually test your track is to post a screenshot like HaylRayzor did.
Either add me, or I'll later on tonight.

PSN id : Vardd

Edit : just downloaded s2k2k3 's tracks, pretty good track. More testing soon.

Edit #2 : Definitely a track to give a try.
Car : M3 gtr '03
Avg speed is around 120- 150 , top speed up to 260.
The straight has a nice corner over hill followed by corner 2 to 19 which are technical with avg speed of 130 ish. 19 to 27 give a nice general feeling and the elevation feels wonderful. I love 24-25 with the little jump, but not big enough to feel totally wrong.

2:27.xx was my track time. Did around 15 laps. Could probably hit 2.24.xx with an other 20 laps or so.

Good job with the track maker.

BKViper I'll download yours next.

Edit #3 : BKViper Tracks wants to kill you.
car : M3 gtr '03
This track is addictive, it's a drug. Almost every corner has a "I'm going to kill you" feeling.
First corner, after the straight with 3 jumps where the last one doesn't let you to break as you are flying, is in nice interior angle. Then you go up hill, where you turn right up hill where 2 jumps are waiting for you. After them, really nice corners followed by a second gear corner down hill who also wants to kill you as the breaking must be done up hill.
then a nice Zig-zag followed by the main straigh.

I did 19 laps, best lap time 1:39.xx. I could remove easily 3-4 seconds by better timming the jumps.

It's a really nice track if you are willing to put the effort to learn it, otherwise you will quit after half a lap. I'll try it later with one of my rally car, might be better suited for that kind of track haha.

Edit #4 After a quick chat with BKViper, tried with a less powerful car, and obviously it is less jumpy, but still very challenging to do perfect clean lap.
Tried with Go-kart but the tarmac is way to bumby to be drivable.

Last edited:
Glad you liked it. I love the fact that you have to know the track and prepare for your braking markers before you even seen the corners. Like you said, you can't brake in mid-air!
I'm going to have to find an M3 GTR '03 and give it a try.
I've probably put 100+ laps on this track.
Now whenever I get a car I change the oil, put a set of Sports Soft tires on and no other mods, to keep the testing parameters true, then I go put in 5 laps at my track and the fastest goes on the board.
The best time so far is a Ferrari 599 @ 1:47.xx
I have yet to take any race cars or tuned cars around it.
I told a friend, "My track rewards precision and patience and punishes all others!"

I'll give a try with a stock car. 1:47.xx , I am guessing with my stock Evo 9 it might be possible. I'll let you know. But for sure it is a great track, but deadly.

Edit : Just did a 1:53.xx, might be able to hit 1:50, but definitely not 1:47.xx.
And with that much less power, It is less bumby and jumpy, thus much more enjoyable but less "murdering feeling".
Overall a must track to try with Faster car and technical for car that are stock.

Last edited:
I just did another lap of my track and my time was 6:14.233!
In the 1944 Volkswagen Kubelwagan!
The most hilarious part? It doesn't have enough power to climb the big hill at the beginning!!
It gets about 3/4 of the way and starts spinning the rear tires until it eventually comes to a stop.
After some scheming I found that if I got over to the side of the road, put one set of wheels in the grass and the other set of wheels on that bumpy apron, that it was just enough traction to get up and over the hill.
Now I want to see if there are any other cars that lack the power to climb "The Scenic Hill".

You want to have a blast? Try running it on a Go Kart!
33HP is plenty when you are talking about the proper gearing and weighing less than a wheel on other cars.
The Go Kart is completely unforgiving of catching air. I don't know if it's even possible to land one straight. No matter how straight and firm I was, when I landed all hell broke loose.
But it was a fun ride to be sure, especially the 2nd half technical section.
The force feedback from this course in a kart is unreal too.
I did a 3:02.618 but that was many ariel adventures and wipe outs. I'll report back when and if I run a clean lap.

EDIT - 2:33.059 with a pretty clean lap. I could probably shave a couple seconds with some practice but that's pretty close to my best.
There are different areas that are better than others, meaning if you go around a corner on the inside you might be fine, but take the same corner on the outside and you are getting bounced into the weeds. I didn't have to brake, but there is some serious throttle control and corner planning involved.

Last edited:
Shared a new one today. This one is made with the same params as Velocity Mountain so I call it Velocity Mountain 2 (creative, yes?). This is definately the best I've made yet. It feels more "right" when I drive it.

I'll add you sometime. Oh, and by the way, don't freak out if I delete you after I test your track. I like keeping my friends list tidy. Sorry if anyone blew their gaskets.

I would like to try out some of these tracks. Please add me - even if temporarily- if my ID shows up. Thanks in advance! PSN ID- dondude69

Back