TrackdayR - New PC Bike Sim

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 8 comments

Scaff

United Kingdom
He/Him
ScaffUK
I've had half an eye on this one for a while, and it hits early access new week (17th March), not much content to start with (no surprise with early access), but interestingly does say it will support track and bike modding.

Anyone else had this one on their radar?

TrackdayR 1.jpg

TrackdayR 2.jpg

I had been following but this is disappointing content wise at this point so won't be doing early access. They've been testing/dev with more bikes for almost 2 yrs so to release with minibikes?!?!?! I'll pass. They should have but those generic R6 and the R1 in there and I would have jumped on it. Looks promising but I'll wait

but the vids looked so good lol. any detail on what was so bad? I know the graphics looked dated but expected that from what looks like a very very small team. but if it plays good I can deal with that. Which is why I can still enjoy Tourist Trophy today. Shouldn't have to choose but I'll take game play or pretty graphics any day

but the vids looked so good lol. any detail on what was so bad? I know the graphics looked dated but expected that from what looks like a very very small team. but if it plays good I can deal with that. Which is why I can still enjoy Tourist Trophy today. Shouldn't have to choose but I'll take game play or pretty graphics any day
Don't get me wrong, if it played well but looked poor I could live with it (after all I still fire up Race 07, GPL and RBR from time to time), but it doesn't.

Even accounting for it being in early access it's got little at this stage to recommend it at all, really solid physics would have been enough, but it doesn't manage that at this stage. That the devs seem to have put more effort into a key-bound animation to give the rider behind you the bird than they have around collision detection for picking up your bike is about the best summary I can give at the moment. It may improve in future, but right now, this isn't the bike title I was hoping for.

Gotcha. yeah disappointing to hear as the dev of the title had shown some promise. Oh well. Funny I still have Race 07 as well. I loved that game lol My absolute favorite though is still Sega Rally 2 (and the original Sega Rally as well) and still fire those up often

Back