Tracks that you just can't get good on.

• Thread starter BigSarj
  • 26 comments
Canada
Canada
The problem with this game is I have no one else to blame for my shortcomings. No cheaters on the other team or teammates who don't know what they're doing.

I've been trying out Race B this week (Group 4 at Spa). I've watched multiple guides, done over a hundred practice laps, and ultimately have lost several thousand DR from racing in it.

The thing is, I perform much better on other tracks but this is Spa! It's a great track and people love it. I love(d) it.

I'm hoping others share my pain and have tracks that they really, really underperform at.

Like, anymore of this and I might just sell my wheel and go raise some chickens outside of the city somewhere.

Heh, I'm not going to be popular with the UK Racers here but Brands Hatch and Goodwood.

I so appreciate the track design and layout but I cannot, for the life of me, put in consistent lap times or manage a clean race.

Laguna Seca and any Willow Springs I'm not great on either but I despise those tracks so it doesn't bother me.

Lago Maggiore. I can just about do the normal layout in the AMG thanks to the Hamilton time trials, the reverse is just hideous.

Lago Maggiore. I can just about do the normal layout in the AMG thanks to the Hamilton time trials, the reverse is just hideous.

Let’s not talk about that monstrosity reverse layout. Absolutely awful.

The Streets of Willow cause me to get lost. But not a serious enough of a track to try and learn.

But I’m useless at Interlagoes. Just cannot do anything there.

Fuji
Reb Bull Ring
I hate them. I’ve never really enjoyed a single race I’ve had on them.
I raced quite a few c races on alt gr2 at Fuji but I was rebuilding sr.
It does flow, I found that but still it’s not a flow for me.
I will never be good at either of those.
I’m off pace at Spa too. For me gr4 is difficult there. It’s far more difficult than the Formula car imo.
Last time I was off pace and drove a GTR gr4. Lovely cockpit, car is great, times suck though haha.

Last edited:
I was 1.5 sec slower int the GTR than the Jag this week at Spa.

Fuji and autopolis nearly as bad as each other. I hate fighting the track, like Barcelona, just feel slike understeer everywhere you go, always, always understeer.

I'd say it's more combos than tracks. Although some tracks I just hate and so do badly on. Or do I do badly on them so hate them? Thing is you never need to do a track you don't like.

For me, it's Brands Hatch. I absolutely LOATH that track. I bet I've tried the F1500 race on there well over 15 times. I've still yet to finish a race. I back out once it becomes apparent I'm not going to win. Sometimes I get as far as lap 3. Sometimes I get as far as lap 8 or 9. But something always goes horribly wrong and I wind up putting it in the sand and having 5 or 6 cars pass me. And that's usually on a later lap where I've done really well up to that point.

The F1500 races are probably the worst way around a track. They've been a long point of contention here. I dont actually mind Brands Hatch. its not a favourite. It tends to make for good racing.

I have come to the conclusion the Japanese tracks all have a weird feel. I find it hard to describe.

Even in Forza when they had Motegi in all its forms they were quite weird.

Autopolis and Fuji all kind of feel like a different universe to EU or US tracks.

The F1500 races are probably the worst way around a track. They've been a long point of contention here. I dont actually mind Brands Hatch. its not a favourite. It tends to make for good racing.

I have come to the conclusion the Japanese tracks all have a weird feel. I find it hard to describe.

Even in Forza when they had Motegi in all its forms they were quite weird.

Autopolis and Fuji all kind of feel like a different universe to EU or US tracks.
But then there is Suzuka which also happens to be one of my favorites. I do agree that Autopolis and Fuji (which I absolutely hate due to that last mickey mouse sector) feel strange. I think it's the one slow corner after the next slow corner thing that makes them strange.

I hated Fuji until the Gr2 race a few weeks ago. I really like it now. Maybe I just don't like Gr4 on it.

Bathurst is the track I can't do, all because of the downhill. As well as Autopolis.

For me... it's RBR. I just can't time the hard braking zones and exit speed transition, and am constantly behind the clock there.

And Fuji... though I'm finding more success there as I improve overall. But I just can't apply what I've learned to my pace at the RBR.

And Interlagos... similar to the last half of Fuji, I just can't get the flow of it, and it seems to accentuate my worst habits.

Laguna Seca is another challenge. That one, I can't quite figure out where my shortcomings are.

As @NevilleNobody notes... I think much of my issues could be braking too late... going to focus on that for a while and see if I can't carry more apex speed and get off exit faster that way. Watched a recent Kireth(?) video and I think it may relate to my own mistakes.

Last edited:
For me my worst track is Nurburgring GP.
I know the track but I am constantly hamstrung by corners 6 and 10. The car just slides towards the outside no matter what I do.

I use the standard controls. Therefore it's painful and taxing to drive on tracks like Interlagos and Suzuka.

Besides this I just hate Autopolis track. It just doesn't have any flow.

And the Ferrari only race. Brands Hatch. Even with the LAF, i get beaten by the Italia. I only won it today, after at least 12 tries. That with a heavily modified Enzo.

Back