Tracks you don't want to be in GT6

• Thread starter karelpipa
  • 153 comments

(multiple choice possible!) Which tracks you don't want to see in GT6?

• Autumn Ring

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Autumn Ring Mini

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Cape Ring Full Course

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • Cape Ring Inside

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Cape Ring North

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Cape Ring Periphery

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Cape Ring South

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Clubman Stage Route 5

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Deep Forest

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Eiger Nordwand Short Track

• Grand Valley East Section

• Grand Valley Speedway

• High Speed Ring

• London

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Madrid

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Madrid Mini

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Rome

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Special Stage Route 5

• Special Stage Route 7

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • Special Stage Route X

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Tokyo Route 246

• Trial Mountain

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • (Rally) Chamonix Main

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • (Rally) Chamonix East

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • (Rally) Chamonix West

• (Rally) Chamonix Mini

• (Rally) Eiger Nordwand G Trail

• (Rally) Eiger Nordwand K Trail

• (Rally) Eiger Nordwand W Trail

• (Rally) Toscana

Votes: 14 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Czech Republic
Prague
karelpipa
Hello, for me it would be these:

Special Stage Route X - Too long thus boring, old GT1/2 Test Course was more than enough for slipstream racing and/or testing, plus the crazy camber in corners!
Special Stage Route 7 - Too long, boring, layout is awfull, no pits, no environment apart from annoying fireworks.
Eiger Nordwand - Too narrow, boring layout, no run-off areas.
London - Too narrow, no pits, too short for such a nice city.

EDIT:
Cape Ring - Totally forgot on the most hideous track in GT5. I mean the loop on race track is too much. Track feels like its from Burnout or NFS. Other corners are very repetitive. (left-right-left-right)
BUT i think inside version is its name, this can stay as a stand alone track in different environment.
All rally tracks which are not point-to-point

Last edited:

Special Stage Route X - Too long thus boring, old GT1/2 Test Course was more than enough for slipstream racing and/or testing, plus the crazy camber in corners!
Eiger Nordwand - Too narrow, boring layout, no run-off areas
London - Too narrow, no pits, too short for such a nice city

Typically, I'd never say no to a track, but for Special Stage Route X, I would much rather PD replaces it with the original Test Course from GT1-GT4. I like Eiger Nordwand because it's good for drifters :) .

Agreed with SSR7 it was nice, but the backdrop..........what dropback??? there is none it's walls and random fireworks.

I could do without SSRX, and London as well.

Rome at least that version can GTFO I didn't really get attached to it, and it was a graphical horror it certain parts.

Trial Mountain I won't say it doesn't belong cause that's just not true, but in GT5 it didn't feel like Trial Mountain.

The assumption here is regarding real-world tracks or courses from past Gran Turismos if we're talking about tracks you don't want to see. This said, I don't have any courses that I wish not to see in GT6. Bring 'em all on! I don't care even if every last track from every past GT (as well as Tourist Trophy's courses- including the Ricardo Tormo Circuit) shows up in GT6- there is not one that I don't want to race.

Tracks you don't want to see return shouldn't be chosen just because you aren't good at them. I'm just not excited about racing any Nürburgring configuration with the Nordschleife because I'm terrible at the Nordschleife. You can have tracks you're not good at or don't like racing. However, just because you don't like racing it doesn't mean you shouldn't want it in a Gran Turismo title. You have to think many other people will probably enjoy tracks you particularly don't like. If GT was tailor-made to where we personally choose what tracks to race on and enjoy, this wouldn't be an issue. But since this is a top-tier racing game made for the masses, you have to please as many people as possible. Can't please everyone, but pleasing as many as possible is just as important.

And one last thing- having a lot of cars but not a lot of tracks to put them on is disappointing. So why would you not have as many tracks as possible to let the cars play? As many tracks as possible is fine with me rather than having just some of the same old courses being used again and again.

Tracks you don't want to see return shouldn't be chosen just because you aren't good at them. I'm just not excited about racing any Nürburgring configuration with the Nordschleife because I'm terrible at the Nordschleife.

And one last thing- having a lot of cars but not a lot of tracks to put them on is disappointing. So why would you not have as many tracks as possible to let the cars play? As many tracks as possible is fine with me rather than having just some of the same old courses being used again and again.

Amen. Especially considering that the events get repeated between A-spec and the online Seasonals just with different tracks, so it's very easy for the same tracks to keep showing up event after event (and become disappointing). More tracks are sorely needed, and none should be excluded for subjective reasons.

I still remember how it felt to dislike the Nordschleife... back in GT4... because it seems too complicated to be enjoyable, the first time you look at it anyway. The thing is, there isn't really another track like it that can ease you into its level of complexity. But GT5 players have a big advantage that GT4 didn't have - you can learn it in quarters instead of all at once, thanks to the AMG Academy.

If they are already done, especially when all of the tracks in the OP were purpose-built for GT5 rather than ported from GT4/GT3 like Cote D'Azur and most of them even have Weather or Time Change, there is no reason whatsoever to exclude them.

None. Don't go on the tracks you dislike. Simple.

Hard to do when some of them are repeatedly forced upon you in A-Spec. With that being said I'd only want tracks removed if they had another one to replace it with though. For example I'd lose Cape Ring if they brought Midfield back but if not and removing it is going to lower the overall tracks I'd keep it.

If they are already done, especially when all of the tracks in the OP were purpose-built for GT5 rather than ported from GT4/GT3 like Cote D'Azur and most of them even have Weather or Time Change, there is no reason whatsoever to exclude them.
Especially SSRX. It's not a race track, people.

Personally, I don't see why anyone, even if you don't like it, would say to take out London. We need more short tracks. It must have taken forever to model that track too.

Hard to do when some of them are repeatedly forced upon you in A-Spec. With that being said I'd only want tracks removed if they had another one to replace it with though. For example I'd lose Cape Ring if they brought Midfield back but if not and removing it is going to lower the overall tracks I'd keep it.

True! Holding out hope for an Event Generator.

IMO, what PD should do is set up something to detect (or maybe even a poll) to see which tracks are the most popular. This way, you don't get rid of any tracks, but any disliked or unpopular tracks aren't used too frequently.

IMO, what PD should do is set up something to detect (or maybe even a poll) to see which tracks are the most popular. This way, you don't get rid of any tracks, but any disliked or unpopular tracks aren't used too frequently.

If that's the case I think Cape Ring would be dead last surprised I didn't mention it in my post. It really passed off to me as a course maker track, and was something I never wanted to see again. It just didn't have anything going for it except the loop and it was boring to drive around.

Silverstone. OK it's never been in GT but there's always a chance it will make an appearance, and I find it a boring and sometimes irritating track. It was by far my least favourite track in Forza. Other than that, I pretty much like all the tracks in GT past and present, though Hong Kong got on my nerves a little bit. Never understood the dislike for Cape Ring, I think it's an interesting track and drives nicely.

Silverstone. OK it's never been in GT but there's always a chance it will make an appearance, and I find it a boring and sometimes irritating track. It was by far my least favourite track in Forza. Other than that, I pretty much like all the tracks in GT past and present, though Hong Kong got on my nerves a little bit. Never understood the dislike for Cape Ring, I think it's an interesting track and drives nicely.

Cape Ring looks like it came out of the course maker plus it's boring cause there is no life to it.

karelpipa

Special Stage Route 7 - Too long, boring, layout is awfull, no pits, no environment apart from annoying fireworks.
Eiger Nordwand - Too narrow, boring layout, no run-off areas.
London - Too narrow, no pits, too short for such a nice city.

Seconded

Sadly, I have to admit that SSR7 is redundant, so I wouldn't miss it. It was boring in the first place, but after SSRX came out, it bacame virtually obsolete. Plus, it's not the best looking track.

SSRX is also pretty much useless since it's too long, BUT it makes an incredible photo shoot location, as well as a great track to do some drag racing with your friends. They tests included with the track are also very useful. I would definitely buy it again.

London. Don't hate me, it's just that I don't like the track. It's boring and uninteresting. Also, it's poorly lit. Madrid mini is better for some reason and they are almost identical.

Cape Ring is one of my favorite original tracks, but some of its versions are really unnecessary. I wouldn't mind if only "Perifery" and one of the small ones stays. The rest can go.

SSR5 is a classic, but I feel that it has lost its shine.

Toscana. It really doesn't make justice for a rally track. Let's be honest, the track is well designed visually, but the track itself is very stale. Do something that looks like it, but separate it in stages and make them point to point.

Some verisons of Chamonix are redundant as well as at least one version of the Eiger track.

Others like Trial Mountain and Deep forest are great classics, but they desperately need a makeover. They virtually look the same that they did in GT4.

As for real tracks, there are some that I really don't like and wouldn't miss, but I'll reserve that opinion to myself since most would hate me for even daring to mention them. Plus, they are real, so they need to stay in the game regardless.

Last edited:
No tracks.

For the record, SS7 is pretty great and it's nothing like X. X is an oval (obviously) while 7 has a few "real corners" and the high speed section snakes around which makes it more fun than X. Obivously, X is better for testing and absolute maximum speed. They both have a place in GT.

Also, it arguing that 7's lack of scenery is a reason to remove it? What about just adding scenery? Though honestly, I like it how it is.

I can't say I've ever completed one competitive race on SSR7.

They were more popular early on. A lot of "Like the Wind" style races, and I honestly think that SS7 is by far the best track for that event. By far. What is a true shame is that when the track was popular, drafting was game breakingly bad.

Mostly though, I find it very interesting for taking high powered road cars out for free run. Graphics shouldn't be a prime focus for video games, but cockpit view on SS7 was a nice treat.

I can't say I've ever completed one competitive race on SSR7.

Exactly my point.

Exorcet
They were more popular early on. A lot of "Like the Wind" style races, and I honestly think that SS7 is by far the best track for that event. By far. What is a true shame is that when the track was popular, drafting was game breakingly bad.

Mostly though, I find it very interesting for taking high powered road cars out for free run. Graphics shouldn't be a prime focus for video games, but cockpit view on SS7 was a nice treat.

I have to admit that I don't care about graphics myself and I can't really tell between a NES and a PS3 since they are both a lot of fun, but the track is a bit stale. Maybe a warmer lighting like the one it has in the first "U" turn and in the tunnel would help it. But different so all the track doesn't feel the same. It's that greenish hue what bothers me. again, it's my personal view.

And I actually just remembered that I had quite a lot of fun cruising around it, but it gets old really quick. And let's face it, you can't race properly in that track.

Last edited:
I personally dislike most of the original PD tracks. Some are really WIDE like TMtn. Some are full of bad and dangerous curves (not realistic) with really awkward camber and bumps. The only one I like is the one with the blue bridge and 2 tunnels (Don't remember it's name right now) and high speed ring. I just think they need some tweaks.

They tried too hard to make them look classic that the seem rather outdated to me.

Toscana. It really doesn't make justice for a rally track. Let's be honest, the track is well designed visually, but the track itself is very stale. Do something that looks like it, but separate it in stages and make them point to point.
Yes, agreed. And dont forget the fireworks again :-/

Others like Trial Mountain and Deep Forest are great classics, but they desperately need a makeover. They virtually look the same that they did in GT4.
SSR5 is a classic, but I feel that it has lost its shine.
Agreed again. Lots of tracks has lost its life in to it. Especially SSR5 and CSR5-see my signature.

As for real tracks, there are some that I really don't like and wouldn't miss, but I'll reserve that opinion to myself since most would hate me for even daring to mention them. Plus, they are real, so they need to stay in the game regardless.
I hate Fuji, its like a lake of tarmac everywhere. 80's and 90's were fun. 70's version would be cool too.[/WISH]
But as you said, it must stay here.

Graphics shouldn't be a prime focus for video games, but cockpit view on SS7 was a nice treat.
Especially when it's snowing. It's like an episode of Star Trek.

And I actually just remembered that I had quite a lot of fun cruising around it, but it gets old really quick. And let's face it, you can't race properly in that track.
SSR7? I've hosted plenty of races there. 1 lap, 540+ PP, weather on. It's a ball.

I hate Fuji, its like a lake of tarmac everywhere. 80's and 90's were fun. 70's version would be cool too.

But as you said, it must stay here.

That's exactly the track I was going to mention. It makes me remember why I never chose it in GT4. It's like you say, "a lake of tarmac." Finding the right racing line is extremely tricky, and figuring out what's track and what's not is a pain if you're not used to it. 80's Fuji was one of my favorite tracks. I just wished they brought it back.

Toronado
SSR7? I've hosted plenty of races there. 1 lap, 540+ PP, weather on. It's a ball.

At the end it all depends on the selection of cars. Remember that there is only like three turns were you have to slow down, which is basically the only opportunity that you have to overtake. The rest is all a massive "straight" in which the car with the higher top speed ends up winning no matter what.

Again, I don't love the track, but I really don't mind if it stays. More tracks is better than less. The only thing that I wish is that PD does some cosmetic changes to it. (The greenish lighting, I hate it.)

Last edited:
I find Fuji to be a very technical and challenging track. No other track (IMO) demands as much from the driver in terms of getting brake points and turn in points exactly right (except the Nordscheif of course). I also like the fact that it has many high speed corners which further complicate things when it comes to driver accuracy.

I race it mostly in A-Spec (Japanese Championships) and till this day I have not found a line good enough to convincingly beat the Honda NSX Type R '07 in the last third of the track. Whatever advantage I get is usually in the first 2 thirds of the track.

But recently I put GT5 and PS3 away and started playing GT4/PS2 again ...what a joy! And let me tell you the GT5 Fuji is a VAST improvement over what they had in GT4. In GT4 I would agree with the "sea of [grey] tarmac" line.

But there is no point even mentioning Fuji in this discussion. Considering the fact that it is a legendary Japanese track, I for one am ecstatic that chances are that it, Tsukuba and the assortment of GTRs will only be removed from GT when someone wrestles the "Chief Decision Maker" seat away from the cold dying hands of Kaz ...

Route X - Obviously. . .
SSR7 - To long and to boring.
Eiger Nordwand - Never liked that track, and never raced on it exept for the races required.
Suzuka - I know its world famous race track, but I just really hate it, and always seem to mess up racing on this track.

Latest Posts

Back