Transitioning from real world to sim world

• Thread starter dabz343
  • 36 comments
You were plenty fast enough in the lobby I was in last night at DT , you undercut me on fuel and you’ve got good pace.

Thanks,...but more importantly was I clean? This is paramount in my view. We should race again sometime.

Definitely clean 👍, think you were happy in my slip stream for most of the first stint, fighting for position lost me a bit of time before the pit else I think we would have been a bit closer but didn’t have the fuel to catch up enough and you were probably coasting last couple laps.

But good racing though

There’s actually distinct different squeals, depending on what is happening. There’s a kind of high pitch squeal when the front is understeering, and you can hear it chattering a bit. When you’re on the limit of grip, using the tire to its max, but not understeering, there’s kind of a tearing sounding squeal.

So honing into the audible cues has reduced my lap times by more than 0.5 sec. What an immense tool.

So honing into the audible cues has reduced my lap times by more than 0.5 sec. What an immense tool.

I did the same thing last night in the FIA race. I used my headset and although I didn't gain to much time, I was able to stay consistent across both stints with worn tires.

I did the same thing last night in the FIA race. I used my headset and although I didn't gain to much time, I was able to stay consistent across both stints with worn tires.

Yes me too, forgot to mention that using headphones for the first time was dramatically more immersive. Also, I turned up the tire sound in audio settings and lowered the others.

Yes me too, forgot to mention that using headphones for the first time was dramatically more immersive. Also, I turned up the tire sound in audio settings and lowered the others.
I did the same. I turned engine noise and gearbox noise done some. I've had tire squeals turned up all the way from jump

Latest Posts

Back