Transmission tuning

• Thread starter ionstriker
  • 24 comments
ionstriker
Hi I have just been trying to tune the transmission but but when you change the final gear value it doesn't show the corresponding change in the top speed! Am I mimissing something or is this how it is?

Hi I have just been trying to tune the transmission but but when you change the final gear value it doesn't show the corresponding change in the top speed! Am I mimissing something or is this how it is?
Does the real speed on track change??

Does the real speed on track change??

Yes, adjusting the transmission works, but when you are tuning the final gear ratio or the top gear, you can't see what it does to the top speed. You have to guess. No I'm not joking. Flipping the transmission can still be done, you just won't know what your top speed is until you take it out to the track. Ridiculous.

Yes, adjusting the transmission works, but when you are tuning the final gear ratio or the top gear, you can't see what it does to the top speed. You have to guess. No I'm not joking. Flipping the transmission can still be done, you just won't know what your top speed is until you take it out to the track. Ridiculous.
What????
I think my excel file will be usefull for who want to spare time going on track checking speed.
I've copy and paste this example that i had published a few months ago in GT5 tuning guide thread.

After i enter by approximation a tire perimeter to match with the speed i saw on track.

viperquartermile.jpg

You can build an excel sheet like this with those formulas:

OUT BOX RPM = SHIFT RPM / GEAR RATIO
WHEEL RPM = OUT BOX RPM / FINAL GEAR
KMH = ((TIRE PERIMETER X WHEEL RPM) X 60) / 1000
MPH= KMH * 0,6213

Hi!

I haven´t bought the game yet and have a question about transmission tuning.
Is it possible to adjust the final drive only? I´m asking because I want to keep the 3 or 4 speeds in the older cars. Is the fully customizable transmission always a 5 or 6 speed and do you get that annoying gear whine again?

Thanks!

yeah removing the top speed indicator in the transmission tuning screen is pretty lame. hopefully they patch it back in and the nitrous out. :D

if you want to do some math use the slider to set it to a top speed you want. multiple fd * top gear we'll call this number x. then adjust your gearbox however you want, take divide x by your top gear to get what your FD should be to attain the same top speed.

Why can't I see the top speed when I have stock tran. ?
Why isn't there a default button on the full custom tran. ?

yeah removing the top speed indicator in the transmission tuning screen is pretty lame. hopefully they patch it back in and the nitrous out. :D

if you want to do some math use the slider to set it to a top speed you want. multiple fd * top gear we'll call this number x. then adjust your gearbox however you want, take divide x by your top gear to get what your FD should be to attain the same top speed.

Why would you want nitrous out? That **** is gunna make all the difference in the world when it comes to drag racing.

You can uh, test your setups for top speed. It takes only a few mins. Using top speed from tuning screen wasn't accurate in GT5 anyway.

because i dont drag race, this is a circuit racing game, you can't ban it in online lobbies and it doesn't affect PP. Plus, the world revolves around me.

Actually, it can be banned somewhere in the event settings. I can't remember how I made it appear, but I'm pretty sure it was in with the tyre restrictions. It's a shame the game's so hard to work with...

Actually, it can be banned somewhere in the event settings. I can't remember how I made it appear, but I'm pretty sure it was in with the tyre restrictions. It's a shame the game's so hard to work with...

if that's the case, colour me happy! i had a heck of a time trying to mute the mics 12 year olds last night too but i figured it out.

I'm starting to like this already. Now it's not super easy to swap ratios to adjust to the track, you actually have to do trial & error. Are the racing tires any stickier than the racing softs of GT5?

That was such a stupid move to take it out. How can we tell how much the values are changing now? My sliders move super slow too. I think they will patch it soon as I'm guessing the whole thing is bug. I however am excited for NOS lol. They have it in real life so you can't hate on it in game.

I really like the lack of hash marks on the ratio sliders.

Oh crap, fried my sarcasm-o-meter.
Not just the ratios, but suspension too. Bearing in mind I always setup my springs in relation to weight distribution, I a tad cheesed off...

{Cy}

EDIT: In relation to the OP and to keep it on topic, this is a massive omission by PDiddy. I have a spreadsheet, much like Praiano's, which theoretically would help you calculate your top speed, but we shouldn't have to rely on things like that. Why take something out of the game? And why doesn't the use of power limiter and ballast change, in the lefthand pane, reactively. You have to move the slider and exit to see what differences your changes make. Most annoying...

What????
I think my excel file will be usefull for who want to spare time going on track checking speed.
I've copy and paste this example that i had published a few months ago in GT5 tuning guide thread.

After i enter by
a tire perimeter to match with the speed i saw on track.

viperquartermile.jpg

You can build an excel sheet like this with those formulas:

OUT BOX RPM = SHIFT RPM / GEAR RATIO
WHEEL RPM = OUT BOX RPM / FINAL GEAR
KMH = ((TIRE PERIMETER X WHEEL RPM) X 60) / 1000
MPH= KMH * 0,6213

Hello Praiano

excuse my bad english.
How I get the numbers at the column "Retake RPM"?

Many thanks

because i dont drag race, this is a circuit racing game, you can't ban it in online lobbies and it doesn't affect PP. Plus, the world revolves around me.
You can ban it. ;)

Anyway, I tried NOS on my Supra and it literally did nothing at all. (as in, absolutely nothing nothing nothing my ghost stayed on top of me from 70-135mph)

Hello Praiano

excuse my bad english.
How I get the numbers at the column "Retake RPM"?

Many thanks
You just have to put a formula in the cel where is written 5224 RPM
insert this one:
=(cel where it' written 7200 RPM in 2d gear : (cel where it's written 4,514 : cel where it's written 3.275)
Then you push this formula you've create to others cells down ,retake RPM .

><(((((°>°°°°°

I noticed that it only happens if you are on a screen that has activity in the background. So the screen where it shows all the track info plus the car in the background seems to bog it down.
Mine suck they either go super slow or crazy fast. I don't know how they screwed this up as it's the same sliders as everything else. I hope version 1.1.2 I think it is would fix it but the update won't instal and crashed my entire ps3.

Back