TRD 2000GT help

• Thread starter Viper-Fan
  • 14 comments
SKSund_92
Is there anyway to stop the TRD 2000GT's severe bouncing on the banked corners on the Test Course? I've tried reducing the spring rates both front and rear but it's still not behaving itself.

Any help will be much appreciated 👍

Supras often have incredibly high spring rates even when they're stock. This includes MA70's along with 4th-gen models like your TRD 2000GT. And i believe these TRD versions have even higher-wound springs since TRD is a tuner. In GT2, you can see this even while the car is stock by looking at the suspension menu in your settings.

So i dont know if your car is stock or whatnot, or which suspension you're using. Only if you have a full-custom setup will you be able to modify springs. I'd try making them looser by cutting their numbers in half. Then I'd try reducing dampers and stabilizers by changing the front slightly stiffer than the rear, so that the TRD becomes more understeer-friendly. Something like: taking those dampers from 7/7 front to rear down to 4/3, and making the stabilizers set at no higher than 3.

Finally i'd mess with the ground height. 👍 If it's super-low like i think it is, i'd raise it so there's some clearance and less motion gets transmitted from wheel to chassis because you'll have more of a suspension stroke. Your car will still bounce a bit, but it shouldn't be as bad.

Keep weakening those springs if you're still having probs. Like i said, you'll never get rid of all the bouncing, but things shouldn't be as drastic.

HTH>

Supras often have incredibly high spring rates even when they're stock. This includes MA70's along with 4th-gen models like your TRD 2000GT. And i believe these TRD versions have even higher-wound springs since TRD is a tuner. In GT2, you can see this even while the car is stock by looking at the suspension menu in your settings.

So i dont know if your car is stock or whatnot, or which suspension you're using. Only if you have a full-custom setup will you be able to modify springs. I'd try making them looser by cutting their numbers in half. Then I'd try reducing dampers and stabilizers by changing the front slightly stiffer than the rear, so that the TRD becomes more understeer-friendly. Something like: taking those dampers from 7/7 front to rear down to 4/3, and making the stabilizers set at no higher than 3.

Finally i'd mess with the ground height. 👍 If it's super-low like i think it is, i'd raise it so there's some clearance and less motion gets transmitted from wheel to chassis because you'll have more of a suspension stroke. Your car will still bounce a bit, but it shouldn't be as bad.

Keep weakening those springs if you're still having probs. Like i said, you'll never get rid of all the bouncing, but things shouldn't be as drastic.

HTH>

It is stock at the moment, I have fiddled with spring rates and gear ratios. All other settings are default. Thanks for the suggestions Parnelli Bone, I'll try those settings when I have time. 👍

EDIT: BTW, 2000GT is an MR2, not Supra

EDIT: BTW, 2000GT is an MR2, not Supra

Yeah i always get those dang TRD's confused! :confused: Oh well.

Well that actually changes things if it's an MR2 and not a Supra. you might wanna make sure your rear springs aren't stiffer than your fronts....at the Test Course you'll be prone to spinning in a mid-engine car otherwise. :scared: Basically most banked tracks (Red Rock, High Speed Ring, Test Course...to a lesser extent the Tahiti Dirt road course) are murder in a mid-engine vehicle in GT2.

I've sorted the bouncing issue out now. I've realised that It can't be eliminated completely, but it can be improved considerably. I've set the spring rate to 20.0 front, 12.0 rear, damper bound & rebound both front and rear to 1 & stabilisers to 6 front and rear.

The ride is alot smoother with these settings compared to default.

I've sorted the bouncing issue out now. I've realised that It can't be eliminated completely, but it can be improved considerably. I've set the spring rate to 20.0 front, 12.0 rear, damper bound & rebound both front and rear to 1 & stabilisers to 6 front and rear.

The ride is alot smoother with these settings compared to default.

That's cool. 👍

Is there anyway to stop the TRD 2000GT's severe bouncing on the banked corners on the Test Course? I've tried reducing the spring rates both front and rear but it's still not behaving itself.
You know what's funny? I always tweak my car to be as bouncy as possible (using high damper value), even on that corner :). I usually use two part to reduce the bouncing:
- spring rate, lower value to reduce bounce
- if it still bounce, damper, lower to reduce bounce.

For test track I will only reduce both if the car spin on that corner. Other than that I don't care if the car jump around as long as it stay on track :).

My fastest setting usually the one that has most bounce, on any car, it is faster for me. I don't treat GT2 tuning like real life ;). I would be crazy to drive using bouncy setting on real life. I drive trough a fast bumpy corner like that everyday on real life :). This remind me that my bike rear dumper worn out again, the usual Honda poor material quality 👎.

You know what's funny? I always tweak my car to be as bouncy as possible (using high damper value), even on that corner :). I usually use two part to reduce the bouncing:
- spring rate, lower value to reduce bounce
- if it still bounce, damper, lower to reduce bounce.

For test track I will only reduce both if the car spin on that corner. Other than that I don't care if the car jump around as long as it stay on track :).

My fastest setting usually the one that has most bounce, on any car, it is faster for me. I don't treat GT2 tuning like real life ;). I would be crazy to drive using bouncy setting on real life. I drive trough a fast bumpy corner like that everyday on real life :). This remind me that my bike rear dumper worn out again, the usual Honda poor material quality 👎.

This was really bad stuff though. The ride stability was appauling, it would spin out like the GT90 :scared: The problem's solved now anyway. 👍

I can live with most high powered cars like the TS020 & R390, but the Speed 12 is a definite no.

This was really bad stuff though. The ride stability was appauling, it would spin out like the GT90 :scared: The problem's solved now anyway. 👍
Yes, congratulation :).

Just curious, I see that you reduce damper first. Do this modification made the car slower on that corner or faster for you?

Yes, congratulation :).

Just curious, I see that you reduce damper first. Do this modification made the car slower on that corner or faster for you?

Thank you :sly: It is slightly faster than before. If I approach speeds of up to 370km/h - 380, it starts bouncing around again. It's perfect at 350km/h. I'm testing all the turbo cars on the test course to see which one is fastest. Tommykaira R34, RX7 A-spec, Mine's Lancer etc.

I'm not an expert at fine-tuning, I've only just learnt what adjustments make handling better, ride better etc.

I see, good then 👍 :).

I try to drive it a little, this car is very oversteer. I have to use simulation front and supersoft rear for tire in test track :lol:.

I see, good then 👍 :).

I try to drive it a little, this car is very oversteer. I have to use simulation front and supersoft rear for tire in test track :lol:.

:lol: How is it to drive with that odd tyre combo? I've yet to try it on normal circuits, but I assume it handles like a pig at Red Rock Valley. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to use this car again then. If the handling is rubbish, then it's absolutely useless. The regular MR2 at the dealer is probably better than the TRD version when tuned.

Latest Posts

Back