Trim/Package/Limited Edition/Facelift/Engine/Racing/Livery/Tuners/Badge Options

• Thread starter Harsk100
  • 36 comments
Portugal
South
HarskGaming96
I'm creating this thread because the majority of people is tired of duplicates of MX-5's, Skylines, Silvia's....

So, I'm suggesting an feature to have an option to choose an trim without counting as car Twice. I'll give you nine examples:

Example 1: Names
Dealership > Mazda > Mazda MX-5 [NA] '89 > Trims > Eunos Roadster/Miata (Vice-versa)

Then, this name is applied to following:
Europe: MX-5
USA: Miata
Japan: Eunos Roadster

To buy a car, you need to select a trim of your preference.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example 2: Package
Dealership > Chevrolet > Camaro SS '69 > Package > Camaro SS 350 '69

To buy a car, you need to select a package of your preference.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example 3: Limited Editions
Dealership > Nissan > Skyline GT-R [R34] '99 > Package > Skyline M.N.P. III [R34] '00

To buy a car, you'll have an choice if you want to buy an limited edition of R34 or not. If you don't want to buy an limited edition of R34, then simply click on stock '99 R34 and buy it.

Example 4: Facelift
Dealership > Alfa Romeo > 147 2.0 Twinspark '02 > Facelift > Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Ti '06

To buy a car, you'll have to choose if you want to buy an facelift version or just the car which you have choosen.

Example 5: Engine
Dealership > Mercedes-Benz > SL55 AMG [R230] '02 > Engine > SL600 AMG [R230] '02

To buy an car, you'll have an choice between buying a car which you selected or trading an car for an another engine.

Example: If you want to buy an SL55 AMG, then simply buy. But if you want to buy an SL600 AMG instead, then you have to click the SL600 AMG and choose an colour. Once you have choose your colour, then you can click "Buy car" and enjoy your new car! 👍
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Example 6: Race Cars
Dealership > Peugeot > 106 Rallye 1.6 '98 > Racing Kit > 106 Rallye 1.6 Group N Rally '98

To buy an car, you'll have an choice between to buy the original car that you have selected or then, a race car.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Example 7: Liveries
Dealership> Silver Car > S2 '07 > Livery > #24 Alejandro Álvarez Montelogo XIV Subida a la Cumbre 2012
To buy an car, you'll have an choice between to buy the original car that you have selected or then, a livery. The liveries will be the original livery and the base model.
Example 8: Tuners
Dealership > Nissan > Silvia Q's Aero [S14] '93 > Tuners > Nismo > 270R [S14] '94

To buy an car, you'll have an choice between to buy the original car that you have selected or then an tuned car by the tunning manufacturer. For example, if you select the Q's Aero [S14] '93 and if you want the tuned version, then you have to go to the tuners which takes you to a Nissan Tuner Dealership and then, you can select your preferred tuned S14.
Example 9: Rebaged Versions

Dealership > Opel > Speedster '00 > Rebaged Versions > Vauxhall > VX220 '00 (for Europeans, the Opel Speedster and for british, the Vauxhall VX220)

To buy a car, you'll have an choice between to buy the original car which you have selected or then, buy a rebaged versions. For example, for Speedster, it will take you to Vauxhall dealership where you can select your prefered VX220 (vice-versa)

If PD implements this option, then the people will be happy and the car will not longer be counted twice with this feature.

Who's with me? Please support this feature!

If this feature is putted in future GT's, the space of duplicates will be freed by new cars. 👍

And the result would be:
Skyline's
gtr.png

Silvia's
SILVIA.png

MX5's and RX's
MAZDA.png

Honda's
HONDA.png

Last edited:
I agree with everything except with having a separate category for facelifts and cars with different engines. To me those are different enough, the only thing that should be in one category would be the separate cars of one year of model.

Great idea! This would clean up all the clutter and people can buy the cars they want faster without having to go through all the duplicates (Nissan dealership for example).

Thanks for your feedback, guys. 👍

For @SVX: The engines have an difference from each other, but there are also some minor facelifts like:

The Alfa Romeo 147:
Alfa_Romeo-147_2000_03.jpg

2000-2004

2008-2009_Alfa_Romeo_147_JTD_Monza_5-door_hatchback_(2011-01-13)_01.jpg

2004-2010

SVX
Er, that's a bit more than a 'minor facelift'.
Yes, I know but the problem is that some people just want 2 Alfa 147's instead of 3 which we have on GT6:

Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Twinspark '02
Alfa Romeo 147 GTA '02
Alfa Romeo 147 Ti '06

SVX
Er, that's a bit more than a 'minor facelift'.
To be completely honest i feel if they have the same platform, then its a facelift, maybe add different "engines" (seeing as there isnt any in GT) per se to the trim levels.

To be completely honest i feel if they have the same platform, then its a facelift, maybe add different "engines" (seeing as there isnt any in GT) per se to the trim levels.

That 147 is a bad example though. I'd call that another entire generation.

Well, we could do the following:

We could take the 147 2.0 Twinspark off from main car list and add it to engine options.

With it, we would have the 147 GTA '02 and 147 Ti '06 from car selection.

And I'll add the Race Option.

EDIT: Tuners and Liveries added.

Last edited:
I really like this idea and I've thought of something similar for a long time myself, but the OP examples are a bit exaggerated I think. I don't see a reason for all types of Skylines to be merged into one car model. However, if they plan on having multiple R34's in GT7 they should indeed be merged.

In other words, every generation/body style should still be separated as different cars in my opinion.

As for race cars. A base model (like the ones in GT6) should be enough, and then have a livery editor in which you choose from real life liveries or create your own from a great number of patterns.

Last edited:
I really like this idea and I've thought of something simar for a long time myself, but the OP examples are a bit exaggerated I think. I don't see a reason for all types of Skylines to be merged into one car model. However, if they plan on having multiple R34's in GT7 they should indeed be merged.

In other words, every generation/body style should still be separated as different cars in my opinion.

As for race cars. A base model (like the ones in GT6) should be enough, and then have a livery editor in which you choose from real life liveries or create your own from a great number of patterns.
I agree with you. If PD plans to mantain the multiple R34's on GT7, then the Trim is the place with they should be.

SVX
That 147 is a bad example though. I'd call that another entire generation.

You're kidding right?

The front and rear lights have changed, and the bumpers have changed as per a standard facelift.

The rest of the car is entirely the same.

The idea to streamline the dealerships by summarizing the duplicate/ race cars under their respective models/codes/generations is actually quite good, I had a very similar idea back in the early days of GT6 as well, but I think there are some problems with how you would implement that.

a) Trim levels, specifically LHD/ RHD versions of a certain car:

Assuming that all cars were 'Premium', it'd require PD to model both LHD and RHD versions as well as trim levels with differing bodykits seperately. Since LHD and RHD versions of the same car can sometimes differ drastically in appearance and performance (see 5mph impact bumpers, sealed beam headlights and emissions equipped engines on US-market cars vs. JDM/ EU-spec cars from the 1970s/ 1980s), I would still categorize them under the model code, but count them as two seperate cars. Maybe just nitpicking.

b) Tuner cars:

How about certain Tuners that are officially recognized as Manufacturers such as Alpina and RUF, whose cars are based on BMW and Porsche chassis and engines respectively? I see the way you'd implement it working perfectly fine for works tuners like NISMO or Mugen, in fact older GTs actually listed them under their parent companies, but not for independent tuning companies that are often unrelated to the manufacturer of the base car.

You're kidding right?

The front and rear lights have changed, and the bumpers have changed as per a standard facelift.

The rest of the car is entirely the same.

I don't know, I'd still call it different enough for an entire new car. It's too big of a change up to call it a simple facelift, I find it a pretty big cosmetic change as far as those things go.

SVX
I don't know, I'd still call it different enough for an entire new car. It's too big of a change up to call it a simple facelift, I find it a pretty big cosmetic change as far as those things go.

It's no different to this.

Alfa%20Romeo%20156%20(4).jpg

to this

Alfa-Romeo-Alfa-156-11446_1069765892893.jpg

Same body, same platform, same interior, same car, just new lights and bumpers and probably trim options too.

It looks different. It's not the same as sticking a new badge or a new vent, the appearance of the car looks somewhat different. Different enough to keep it as a separate car.

The idea to streamline the dealerships by summarizing the duplicate/ race cars under their respective models/codes/generations is actually quite good, I had a very similar idea back in the early days of GT6 as well, but I think there are some problems with how you would implement that.

a) Trim levels, specifically LHD/ RHD versions of a certain car:

Assuming that all cars were 'Premium', it'd require PD to model both LHD and RHD versions as well as trim levels with differing bodykits seperately. Since LHD and RHD versions of the same car can sometimes differ drastically in appearance and performance (see 5mph impact bumpers, sealed beam headlights and emissions equipped engines on US-market cars vs. JDM/ EU-spec cars from the 1970s/ 1980s), I would still categorize them under the model code, but count them as two seperate cars. Maybe just nitpicking.

b) Tuner cars:

How about certain Tuners that are officially recognized as Manufacturers such as Alpina and RUF, whose cars are based on BMW and Porsche chassis and engines respectively? I see the way you'd implement it working perfectly fine for works tuners like NISMO or Mugen, in fact older GTs actually listed them under their parent companies, but not for independent tuning companies that are often unrelated to the manufacturer of the base car.
👍

Except RUF != Porsche in a legal sense (they are a legally certified manufacturer in Germany). ;)

Also, what about "cross-manufacturer duplicates" like Honda/Acura NSX and the 86/FR-S/BRZ?

Last edited:
Except RUF != Porsche in a legal sense (they are a legally certified manufacturer in Germany). ;)

Also, what about "cross-manufacturer duplicates" like Honda/Acura NSX and the 86/FR-S/BRZ?
Honda/Acura NSX and the 86/FR-S/BRZ is two of the examples. I'll edit the page in a minute.

I noticed some (more) flaws in this idea, and this is why am against this suggestion:

Example 6: Race Cars
Dealership > Peugeot > 106 Rallye 1.6 '98 > Racing Kit > 106 Rallye 1.6 Group N Rally '98

To buy an car, you'll have an choice between to buy the original car that you have selected or then, a race car.

With this, you are bringing back PS1-era RMs. Also some race cars share virtually nothing to road car counterpart (see R35 GT-R, normal version vs Super GT GT500 version) and even there's race cars without road counterparts (Honda HSV-010, LMPs, etc)

Example 7: Liveries
Dealership> Silver Car > S2 '07 > Livery > #24 Alejandro Álvarez Montelogo XIV Subida a la Cumbre 2012
To buy an car, you'll have an choice between to buy the original car that you have selected or then, a livery. The liveries will be the original livery and the base model.

Should this be a sub-part of racing versions of the base car? You are supposed to select the racing version first before you pick a livery. (Also, with "Silver Car", you mean Saleen ;)) (Ugh, misread... :indiff:)

Also the names and rebadged versions doesn't seem to account for LHD/RHD stuff... or is it?

Last edited:
I noticed some (more) flaws in this idea, and this is why am against this suggestion:

With this, you are bringing back PS1-era RMs. Also some race cars share virtually nothing to road car counterpart (see R35 GT-R, normal version vs Super GT GT500 version) and even there's race cars without road counterparts (Honda HSV-010, LMPs, etc)

Should this be a sub-part of racing versions of the base car? You are supposed to select the racing version first before you pick a livery. (Also, with "Silver Car", you mean Saleen ;))

Also the names and rebadged versions doesn't seem to account for LHD/RHD stuff... or is it?
Yes, it should be an sub-part of racing versions of base car. And yes, we have to select the racing version first before we pick the livery.

No, I don't mean Saleen. But this car right here:
4587807644_32bfb0652f.jpg

Why would it be complicated?
Instead of having separate models, instead, you end up having different liveried race cars within racing models within a street car. Too much navigation just to get one specific race car.

Also, these different liveried cars I'm sure handle differently from one another...

Back