Trim/Package/Limited Edition/Facelift/Engine/Racing/Livery/Tuners/Badge Options

• Thread starter Harsk100
  • 36 comments
Instead of having separate models, instead, you end up having different liveried race cars within racing models within a street car. Too much navigation just to get one specific race car.

Also, these different liveried cars I'm sure handle differently from one another...

Well obviously you seperate the racing models from the road cars, that's the solution within the same suggestion.

Base model racing car (though not necessarily the GT 'base model' because I think that's a crap idea and they look rubbish) then you pick the team/driver/whatever from that list. Not hard.

Road car = Skyline GT-R (R33) > trim level (standard, V-spec, V-spec II, etc)
With this, I wouldn't have the likes of the Nismo 400R or the GT-R LM road car as a trim level because they're different enough.

Race car = Skyline GT-R (R33) JGTC > team

Well obviously you seperate the racing models from the road cars, that's the solution within the same suggestion.

Base model racing car (though not necessarily the GT 'base model' because I think that's a crap idea and they look rubbish) then you pick the team/driver/whatever from that list. Not hard.
There are people that would like the GT base models, though, so if this idea was implemented, they would most likely add it. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

There are people that would like the GT base models, though, so if this idea was implemented, they would most likely add it. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Indeed, they won't get rid of them now they've put them in as an idea anyway.

The system suggested works though.

Road car = Skyline GT-R (R33) > trim level (standard, V-spec, V-spec II, etc)
With this, I wouldn't have the likes of the Nismo 400R or the GT-R LM road car as a trim level because they're different enough.

Race car = Skyline GT-R (R33) JGTC > team
That's exactly the thread talks about! I suggested these options so we don't have go through the duplicates. Camaro 30th Anniversary '96 is a good example because it is a limited version of Camaro 5th Gen (1992-1997).

Well, very late reply but as this can be implemented anytime, let's do this.

Example 1: Agree for this, but to prevent more menus to select cars, I'd like to actually add the "names" selection when higlighting a car besides car color, specification, etc they do in GT2 or GT6. It's another small touch to the car like the name badge change or something, and it will prevent the regional car bloating like in GT1-GT4, but you can experience every regional version like in GT5-GT6.

Example 2: I'm sorry, didn't really catch what do you mean by package?

Example 3: I'd like to let you toggle the limited edition or not while highlighting the car instead of being separated in car selection but didn't find the way to implement it yet.

Example 4: I don't think a facelift version should be counted as one car, separating them is fine to me.

Example 5: I'd consider a car with different engine as different car even if it's based from the same car (like price, etc.), so probably no keep it separate.

Example 6: Same for race car, it's a different car altogether IMO even if it's based on certain road car, so keep it separate.

Example 7: I would personally put the liveries in the color selection.

Example 8: The problem of this one is that most Tuners belong to different brands altogether, and the Tuners aren't exactly the same especially performance-wise.

Example 9: Would implement this the same way as Example 1, though there would be a conflict on who will be made as the primary brand.

I would suggest a simplified form, with all the filters;
The basic ones (those are in sequence);
Manufacturer(Mazda)*
Region(Asia-Pacific)
Car(MX-5(NA))**
Model(Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited '91)

More advanced ones;
Country(Japan)
Year(Minimum Year, Maximum Year)
Price(Minimum Price, Maximum Price)
Power(Minimum Power(in PS), Maximum Power(in PS))
Weight(Minimum Weight(in kg), Maximum Weight(in kg))
Drivetrain(one from FF, FR, MR, RR, 4WD)***
PP(Minimum PP, Maximum PP)
Type(one from Normal, Racing, Tuned, Concept)
FIA Group(one from Group 4, Group 3, Group 2, Group 1, Group X, Group B, Group N)
Color(Color 1, Color 2)****

* The reasoning behind putting Make before Region is due to the fact that some manufacturers that are available globally might only sell a certain car in a certain region. (The entire line of FPV cars, as well as the Mk1 and Mk2 Focus are those). In this case, since the make is Mazda and the region in Asia-Pacific, only Eunos Roadster models are available from the results. If the region is set to North America, then only Miata models will come up instead. Set the region to Europe, and only MX-5 models will appear.
** Cars are divided by their generation, not their nameplates. As long as they share a chassis code, various model years of that car and both pre-facelift and post-facelift versions are available in a single directory.
*** Not sure if FWD and RWD, as well as F4, M4 and R4, or even Front-engined, Mid-engined or Rear-engined can be possible filters (GT Sport featured Midship Challenge, which both allowed MR and M4).
**** Can have two filters; race cars with liveries or some special versions of road cars have multiple colors available to them. If only Color 1 is chosen, cars that can have this color shown in the paint chip icon are shown (regardless of whether said car actually gives a paint chip), and if Color 2 is chosen as well, only cars that match both colors are shown (In some cases, particularly in race cars, cars may have up to 3 different colors in a paint chip, but those are rare). Color names are unmarked(not manufacturer specific), so a generic color called 'red' can represent many shades of red. Also if two paint colors are selected, all cars which have more than 2 colors in a single paint chip that contains both colors are selected, regardless of color order(So, if I chose White/Blue, the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP '10 (Team Peugeot Total), whose paint chip configuration is Blue/White, will still come up)

That said, I do miss earlier GTs that had more separation between trim levels. Some lower trims are special; while there were around 30 Skyline GT-Rs in GT, the RWD car, which represented the typical Skyline sold in Japan, would deserve to make a comeback. Sure, you will going for the performance version 99% of the time, but that 1% is the reason we hold onto GT, right?

EDIT: Thought I needed a power and weight filter as well. I always wished they were in GT6... Also found typo in price filter(I put a year filter by mistake) and definition of paint filter was made more clear. Also more examples with the Miata/Roadster.

Last edited:
Back