UNFINISHED EDITS - leeislee

• Thread starter leeislee
  • 385 comments
:eek: ... rubs his eyes ... :drool: ... Its still there! :bowdown: Dude honestly, words do no justice! So I made up a new one. Fanfreakingtastic!
}:^{>
Hehe, thanks a lot...great words too!

GPR
Ha, for once I'm quoting Jeremy. I completely agree, love the composiiton and the editing does give it an artsy feel. Quite textural in a subtle soft way. The added layers of elements are great and do give it that dreamy like quality you love to do. ;) Plus with the simplicity of the black car it really makes the driver the strong focal point. Great downward angle too. 👍

As usual something different, beautiful, thought provoking and inspiring. 👍

It's also nice to see you posting works more often. :) 👍(I need to find a way to up my game me thinks.)
Thanks a million for that great comment. It's always nice knowing people like the stuff i do and even nicer when they tell me why they like it.

(Your game is high enough, give the rest of us a chance!)

Thanks a million 👍

Last edited:

From Here To Eternity

Now this was one of those pictures that looked great on the PS3 but looked terrible on my computer, we've all been there, that moment of exitement when you transfer the pictures to your computer, your head full of wonderful ideas and then it happens...FOOM! Jaggie, pixely, dull and lifeless...You find yourself in my home town of agony city!

At first i spent about 30 minutes on this picture just cleaning it up, then about another 10 minutes making it all foggy and cold looking...Then i changed my mind and just created a bright mood.

The gradient banding was so horrible on this after about 30 minutes making it look nice and bright i lost interest...so i abandoned it and this is what's left.

Usual balls from me i'm afraid!

Anyway...Thanks for looking (and laughing!)

👍

Last edited:
Well, as usual you underestimate your picture. I like it a lot and with it's interesting mood and good lighting it creates an impressive shot. Great job, Lee. 👍

Awesome stuff as usual (...and the usual sprinkling torrent of self-depricating remarks...that no-one believes anyway!!;))
I love the way you just drag us all kicking and scream and dump us on the ground outside of "the box". Inspirational, just inspirational:cheers:

I would like to be able to make such "horrible" shots Lee ;) :lol:
Maybe not my fav' from your recent work (Cloudburst is so an amazing piece of art it's hard to avoid its shadow) but still a beauty to watch, bravo 👍

Cloudburst is amazing! I love the soft blurriness of the car, it really draws your eye towards the driver. Also the textural details on the helmet look awesome!:drool:

From Here to Eternity is another great edit. I love the atmosphere in this shot. The heat waves coming from the car are a nice touch.👍

Impressive work as usual!;)

I agree with Nux, really impressive work as usual!
All your shots have an unique atmosphere and I love it!
Bravo, Lee. 👍

Well, as usual you underestimate your picture. I like it a lot and with it's interesting mood and good lighting it creates an impressive shot. Great job, Lee. 👍
only superb works here…. :bowdown::cheers:
Awesome stuff as usual (...and the usual sprinkling torrent of self-depricating remarks...that no-one believes anyway!!;))
I love the way you just drag us all kicking and scream and dump us on the ground outside of "the box". Inspirational, just inspirational:cheers:
Some highly artistic shots in here, excellent work Lee.
I would like to be able to make such "horrible" shots Lee ;) :lol:
Maybe not my fav' from your recent work (Cloudburst is so an amazing piece of art it's hard to avoid its shadow) but still a beauty to watch, bravo 👍
Cloudburst is amazing! I love the soft blurriness of the car, it really draws your eye towards the driver. Also the textural details on the helmet look awesome!:drool:

From Here to Eternity is another great edit. I love the atmosphere in this shot. The heat waves coming from the car are a nice touch.👍

Impressive work as usual!;)
I agree with Nux, really impressive work as usual!
All your shots have an unique atmosphere and I love it!
Bravo, Lee. 👍
Gosh, thanks for the great words fellas. I really appreciate it. 👍

Mountain Pass

This was another picture that looked good on the PS3 but just looked awful on my PC. But after an hour or so this is the result. I've gotten pretty fast with these sunshine shots and it turned out no better than my usual efforts!

Also, i just love looking at the Veyron!

👍

Beautiful mood and light (as usual), love the sense of speed and the reflections are very well done. Fantastic job, Lee! :drool:👍

Agree with Nicolas, superb edit work once more especially on light, you manage to use lens flare effect with maestria !
And as usual you give us a shot with an incredible atmosphere 👍

Brilliant shot, Lee. Great edit work. I really love it! 👍👍👍
Beautiful mood and light (as usual), love the sense of speed and the reflections are very well done. Fantastic job, Lee! :drool:👍
Agree with Nicolas, superb edit work once more especially on light, you manage to use lens flare effect with maestria !
And as usual you give us a shot with an incredible atmosphere 👍
Thanks a million fellas. Kind words. I'm glad you like my atmospheric phase!

Holy crap! :drool: The king of atmosphere. That's just plain awesome mate. 👍 👍

My first thought when looking at it was how the hell did you get that look out of Eiger. It looks fantastic. Just great editing to a high level, the motion blur is perfect and crisp, the colours and light and shade contrast with subtle harmonious hues and great use of flare. But one of my favorite parts is the air atmospher added infront of the mountians but clean cut by the edge of the foreground road edge and barrier. Oh and the tiny birds fleeing the tree as this moster engine roars in closer. Great idea. ;) 👍

GPR
Holy crap! :drool: The king of atmosphere. That's just plain awesome mate. 👍 👍

My first thought when looking at it was how the hell did you get that look out of Eiger. It looks fantastic. Just great editing to a high level, the motion blur is perfect and crisp, the colours and light and shade contrast with subtle harmonious hues and great use of flare. But one of my favorite parts is the air atmospher added infront of the mountians but clean cut by the edge of the foreground road edge and barrier. Oh and the tiny birds fleeing the tree as this moster engine roars in closer. Great idea. ;) 👍
What a great and very kind comment George!

I had the weather at Eiger set to 75% so i think that gave the image a good amount of atmosphere but as you point out, one of my favourite things to do is to add a little bit of mist to the base of mountains. Forced atmospheric perspective it's called, helps push things back into the distance.

Also, i'm gad you liked the birds, i've added them to lots of my picures in the past and not many people notice. I think things like that add realism to pictures because if a Veyron shot past at over 100mph the birds would **** themselves!

Thanks mate 👍

Kiss My Ass

More dodgy photography from me but hey...deal with it!

It's about time i took my favourite curvy lady for a spin. My classic Blue Beetle:

(as you can see, that rear quarter view makes the Beetle look great)

...lost out this time to my lovely metallic brown one. After taking in a lap this is the picture i had in my mind and it turned out good.

But, Is it just me or is the gradient banding in GT6 worse than ever? It's properly kicking my ass, which was the inspiration for the title as well as the lovely ass on the Beetle.

The picture that i got out of the PS3 looked truly awful, almost put me off!

One more thing, lot's of people seem to complain about and think editing pictures is a bad thing....Get with the times!

I'm a great musician and a sweet, raunchy guitarist. I sound sweet playing my guitar when it's not plugged in, But when i hook up to my rig i can make angels swoon...So, think of editing like that, take something good to begin with and make it better!

Getting bored of the editors being slammed on here...Well, all you none editors, Learn how to do it and you'll see what you're missing out on.

👍

Last edited:
Superb as usual and like I said on Flickr even with the banding it looks gorgeous. And to finish, I totally agree with you about the editing on photos, people have to learn to get the best out of a photo and stop complaining.

Kiss My Ass #2

Well, I love how this one turned out. It's one of my favourite pictures. The Beetle is just so curvy. I'm getting this one printed and hung on my wall.

It has inspired to do a series of pictures like this based on classic and my favourite cars of all time all using similar editing. I can't wait.

This though, was horrible to begin with. I don't know what it is with GT6 but the quality i get from it is terrible. But after using as many techniques as i could think of, i got it looking good.

This was a hard one to do...but a very pleasing result.

👍

First time viewing your gallery and what can I say that hasn't already been said? It's superb! I've been missing out!

I love your great use of mood with the lighting as it creates a fantastic atmosphere, as others have pointed out. I like the self deprecation too but you must be aware by now you have some serious skills at this. :bowdown:

I look forward to your next set. :cheers:

Even better! The angle is great and so is everything else about it!!! The color, the toning... It's all great!!! Amazing shot! :bowdown::drool::cheers:👍

134.jpg

This is the rather terrible original. The light and reflections on the body looked awful and needed to go...took lots of editing to get it to look good.​

Very nice... ass :lol: Great shot, Lee :drool: I love toning, it sets amazing mood to the picture 👍
And I like picture format 👍
Superb as usual and like I said on Flickr even with the banding it looks gorgeous. And to finish, I totally agree with you about the editing on photos, people have to learn to get the best out of a photo and stop complaining.
First time viewing your gallery and what can I say that hasn't already been said? It's superb! I've been missing out!

I love your great use of mood with the lighting as it creates a fantastic atmosphere, as others have pointed out. I like the self deprecation too but you must be aware by now you have some serious skills at this. :bowdown:

I look forward to your next set. :cheers:
Even better! The angle is great and so is everything else about it!!! The color, the toning... It's all great!!! Amazing shot! :bowdown::drool::cheers:👍
This is even better than the first one love it! :drool:👍

I think it will look nice on the wall.
Love the soft reflections and composition Lee.
Thanks so much everyone. Glad you like them!

Blackheart

Thought i'd have another go at this kind of monotone but coloured picture type technique that i used on my last Beetle shot.

It's a very easy workflow i came up with but it always delivers the goods!

The title of this picture, 'BLACKHEART' is a reference to the savage engine and power the Veyron has.

👍

Fantastic on every aspect, angle, composition, sense of speed and your brilliant editing style, are making this picture awesome. Bravo Lee! :drool:👍

Back