triples - what to pick [solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all, i have been wondering for a while now what to do and which screens / triples to go with, flat and/ or curved.

I have GPU: SLI 3x Nvidia Titan X and CPU: i7-6950X, RAM: 128GB (yes it is a video rendering machine) but want to use it for simracing too, can i go curved triples? or should i go flat triples? just would love big screens, or bigger screens than 22-27inchss if possible, and if it makes sense.

which monitors (ones) to go with in either option?

would I need G-Sync really with Titan X GPU's? but again would good option to have jn case I need it as some point, better have G-Sync and not need it than needing it and not having it.
Ultra Wides would be nice, because I can then also use that for my work and hobby, gives me a lot of working space, virtually/ display area speaking.

1) go Acer X34 Predator?
2) go Acer Z35 Predator?
3) go Asus PG279Q?
4) go Asus PG348Q?
5) or Benq XR3501?

thank you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
First off stating the obvious... why 128GB ram? You could be rendering a 4k video in Premiere running in VMWare which runs in another instance of VMWare while editing 8K images and livestreaming Witcher 3 on Ultra and you'll still struggle to break 32GB. Also save yourself a couple thousand dollars and sell your Titans for a 1080. Now, for sim racing just get a Rift or Vive. It's (thousands of dollars in this case) cheaper than the options you listed and 100x better for immersion. I have been using triples for sim racing but the moment I tried my friends Oculus Rift with Assetto Corsa I was hooked. No comparison.

Just for my own curiosity, what do you use this beast of a machine for? Almost looks like a $10,000 troll build from PCPartsPicker :lol:

thanks for the feedback, i use it grealy especially with RamDisk, puts SSD and all to shame. but i am sure it is personal preference too, and some call it trolling and i call it my own PC. but since i use displays for work which are useless for games, i was wondering to ask and gets some answers, i got great PM's and wonderful ideas and feedback. thanks for all the PM's! and I will try the VR stuff in the next generation, current one did not impress me at all unfortunately, and found the screen/ or driving on friends triples more fun than VR goggles. especially when all the VR takes away your hardware for sim racing, and games don't have functions in cockpit.

PS: currently have 2x old samsung U28D590D and for racing use 1x 1080p samsung TV UN40H6350AFXZA

...and frankly speaking it was an honest question what others/ users would choose for triples (not VR and not small screens)

to be honest I received a lot of hate PM's who wrote that I posted just to show or rub it into faces of people which shocked me and honestly disappointed in how people reacted so decided to delete it and leave it else where and more helpful users, less jealous people and less hate mail. that's all. sorry i upset you by deleting my stuff by i am more than happy to PM you and share my experience on the triples and answers I got/ suggestions/ recommendations.
*** changed the thread title too ***

So... your problem is incredibly unique and the solution couldn't possibly be of any interest or use whatsoever to anyone else then, right? I mean, why else delete everything?
to summarize:
these were options/ suggestions/ recommendations:
--- VR also..(not an option for me)
1) Acer X34 Predator?
2) Acer Z35 Predator?
3) Asus PG279Q?
4) Asus PG348Q?
5) Benq XR3501?

info:
- VR not an option
- have old Samsung screens, and use 1x Samsung for racing
- decided to go with 3x ROG Swift PG279Q

PS: seems like I upset many people with my hardware/ or what i own...LOL which is ridiculous thinking about it, people are jealous...???? a person who earns/ makes $$$$ for his hard work and rewards himself...???!!!! oh joy the internet and their users. sad though!

@TB, indeed very sad, but not first and not last time. and have had this happen here before, can't tell you how many times in past years thus has happened, just shows quality of people and their issues.

Those X34 Predators look great, if I could afford it that's what I'd pick. Not sure any hardware configuration would be able to push enough pixels to them to warrant a 100Hz refresh rate, but, well, I guess it depends on just how much money you have. Some people wouldn't blink twice at spending £3,100 on screens, after all.

I'm looking for a monitor (singular) myself and although it'd take an extra month of saving, I'm looking at the PG279Q too. If not that I'll probably get the MG279Q, same thing but without G-Sync, and I'm really not convinced £200 for G-Sync is worth it (now that I've typed it, I'm definitely not convinced!). That said, with a refresh rate that high it might become even more necessary since I'd expect a lot of games to fluctuate a lot beyond 120ish fps. Last week I chatted to a Valve backend developer about monitors and he got back to me a couple of days later saying he'd just received the PG279Q he'd ordered as a result of that conversation, he says it's great... I wish I had "£650 impulse monitor purchase" levels of money! Ah well.

@TB, indeed very sad, but not first and not last time. and have had this happen here before, can't tell you how many times in past years thus has happened, just shows quality of people and their issues.
And yet you still haven't reported it for the staff to look into it...

Your money, do what you want friend but this IS the internet and you shouldn't let some peoples comments/attitudes effect from those that might appreciate how crazy or extreme you may want to do things.

Yes it can be frustrating but haters gonna hate etc
I hope you come back and share with us.

Perhaps some Kfir Ochaion will help...

*BLANK SPACE :)

*BROKEN DREAMS :(

Last edited:
@GTPLANET mods and admins, get your priorities right! i get the warning...what a joke! LOL please if you can delete my account regardless if your "terms and blabla" and how you sell of emails for ads and what not! what a shame and what has become of gtplanet!
*** or if you ban people because of their language skills, writing skills or whatever prejudice you have! capital letters...tss!! ***

One thing I find comical is if you have $1500 worth of ram(overkill as you wont see any benefit after 64GB), $2500 CPU, $3000 worth of titan X cards in 3 way SLI which wont do anything extra for video rendering so one would assume you would know which monitors you would need for the closest color reproduction or lowest refresh rate.

@Grayfox, maybe not everyone is as smart as you think you are? thought about that before posting your productive and very constructive reply?
and if you wish to know, went triple screen for production:
- triple curved PG348Q and might even use it for gaming or build another 10k machine just because I can for gaming
- also ordered ASUS PG279Q to test
- also ordered ACER XB321HK to test
- also ordered NEC NC3240S-A to test
- also ordered BENQ XR3501 to test
- also ordered ACER Predator X34 to test
- also ordered SONY VPLVW350ES to test

afterall, projectors might be the way to go for gaming! and more fun!

...and next few months, might even order the VR hardware, htc vive, rift or any other VR hardware which might come out, that way I won't need to ask anyone, as you pointed this out and I know everything already, since we are all born with knowing everything, right??? @Grayfox?????????? right???

what is great about this, is I don't need to post here and ask any 🤬 on this forum anymore, I can test it myself and share with others who are interested and share the same interest and don't 🤬 around, are not jealous and are not rude, who really simple said: just help and have helped!!!!! oppossite of what can be said about this forum!

@Grayfox, maybe not everyone is as smart as you think you are?

Has nothing to do with smarts.

If you are buying/have 5K worth of PC hardware surly you would know what you need for your job(video rendering and gaming).
Unless you are just throwing the most expensive bits of hardware for a new build.

Eg.
You don't go buying a luxury car and then go how much will the running costs(servicing, tires, fuel, insurance, ect) in be?

And projectors wont give you good blacks.

If you're after size why not get a OLED TV?
I cant say how they are in terms of response, but the blacks they produce are good

for work, I do know but had asked specifically for gaming, but since it didn't help here I decided yesterday to simply order most of the hardware and test it out myself, easiest solution and best way to see what I like personally best.
and after some of the messages, and posts/ generally the way this thread went including admins & mods, easiest is to build a completely new rig "just" for gaming, will keep my other rig solely for "work". so that way I know what i need and most use for "work" and for "gaming" I am happy and can't wait to test out all the displays and projectors, to see what works best! heck, might just keep one of the projectors for home theatre.
I had OLED before didn't like the fact with burning in pixels, or at least that was my problem with LG screens (oled), had couple of rma's and replacements but never happy with oled.

frankly, started a thread simply asking about triple screen options for gaming, what other user might suggest and recommend, what they think, from personal use, reviews, maybe knowing others and etc, whatever it might be, just some sort of feedback, so would or could make a purchase decision easier, instead got messages and replies from people full of **** and simply jealous adults and/ or kiddies who think 🤬 is dropped in your laps or the money I spent on my hardware excuse me for saying it this way, I **** out in the toilet! it is hard earned and work almost 24/7 for it! anyways, simply sad and ridiculous at the same time to read and see such behavior, but again, the almighty anonymous online virtual big mouths "online" who most likely in their usually daily life are full of hate and find any situation and excuse to attack people online. at least my view of things.

last but not least, luxury car or normal car, whatever car, funny you say that, i actual do research cost/ breakdowns:
- insurance per month and cost annually
- service cost after warranty cost per month and annually
- estimated cost/ average parts cost outside normal wear and tear
- scheduled maintenance every 90-days after warranty
- fuel cost every 2, 4 and 12 weeks and annually
- tires cost averaged over 2-5 years (also depends on driving style and weather (temps, winter & summer)
- most common replacement parts and etc.
anyways i apply that across everything.

after how the admins and/ or mods reacted, no need of proof, just shows that even admins/ and or mods abuse the system and have no clue about right and/ or wrong. just mind blowing stuff! but again, this happens because easier to say stuff online and do things online anonymous and without real life consequences.

Well, what an extremely angry human being.

I think you should take some time away from here to consider your poor attitude towards others and just how much self respect you have to agree to our rules then debase yourself by ignoring your promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back