TRON Race...

  • Thread starter Thread starter sg-gsr
  • 34 comments
  • 5,090 views
Messages
19
Messages
gtp_sg_gsr
Im sure I wasnt the first to think of this but I havent seen this anywhere so I thought I would share...I have done this a few times with my friends and its always fun....

PDI Racing Karts
Nurburgring- Time change set to 00:00 or midnight
Time progression set to the lowest setting
Make sure the Driving line is ON...Very Important for obvious reasons

TRON MODE!!!!!

Even better now that you can turn the HUD off...
 
this is genius haha.
i just did this myself and giggled for the entire lap. took me like 30 mins though X)
 
When do i unlock the frisbee's?
 
Wait... someone actually went to see Tron? LOL

Or he could have been referring to the Tron from the 80's... ;)

I've always wondered what it would look like with Karts at the Ring at night.
 
Or he could have been referring to the Tron from the 80's... ;)

I've always wondered what it would look like with Karts at the Ring at night.

One word, black.
 
didnt know you can drive karts on tracks other than the tracks dedicated for karting.
 
Tron was amazing.
Thanks for the idea, will try before I see it for my 3rd time. :D
 
Genius. Now we need the Nike car back and it will be perfect.
 
have to ask - how do I change the time on Nürburgring? Is it online only you can do that? I want to try it :p I have unlocked the 24/hrs.... Just don't know where and how to!!
 
I just had a room up set up like this, it was fun for the first 15 minutes, then it got old.
 
I just did this and it was hilarious.
For those who are old enough and remember it, it is very reminiscent of the game "Night Driver" for the Atari 2600!
 
Im sure I wasnt the first to think of this but I havent seen this anywhere so I thought I would share...I have done this a few times with my friends and its always fun....

PDI Racing Karts
Nurburgring- Time change set to 00:00 or midnight
Time progression set to the lowest setting
Make sure the Driving line is ON...Very Important for obvious reasons

TRON MODE!!!!!

Even better now that you can turn the HUD off...

Curious, where is the settings found to change time & progression?. Is this online, haven't seen it in any of these options in Arcade & Practice Mode.
 
Im sure I wasnt the first to think of this but I havent seen this anywhere so I thought I would share...I have done this a few times with my friends and its always fun....

PDI Racing Karts
Nurburgring- Time change set to 00:00 or midnight
Time progression set to the lowest setting
Make sure the Driving line is ON...Very Important for obvious reasons

TRON MODE!!!!!

Even better now that you can turn the HUD off...

You can turn off HUD now? Where at? After the update on 20th I really have not play GT5.
 
You can turn off HUD now? Where at? After the update on 20th I really have not play GT5.

where have you been? lol get the update 1.05 NOW!
EDIT: Misread your post you already have the update
 
Last edited:
You can turn off HUD now? Where at? After the update on 20th I really have not play GT5.

When in the race press start and then in the options menu you can turn HUD off, or to simple.
 
Curious, where is the settings found to change time & progression?. Is this online, haven't seen it in any of these options in Arcade & Practice Mode.

I havent check in Aracde or practice mode but when choosing the track online in a lounge it will say Nurburgring / Time Change....Then you can set the parameters when you choose that track....When we played the best way to do it was to have the boost option on high to keep it a tight race...
 
have to ask - how do I change the time on Nürburgring? Is it online only you can do that? I want to try it :p I have unlocked the 24/hrs.... Just don't know where and how to!!

I will reiterate this question. I can select Nurburgring time/weather change but it starts off just as day is breaking. I want to drive at night without waiting forever.

Is it possible?...
 
I will reiterate this question. I can select Nurburgring time/weather change but it starts off just as day is breaking. I want to drive at night without waiting forever.

Is it possible?...

Ok, figured it out

Go to - Open Lobby

Create New

Select Nürburgring 24hr/etc

Then you can do a free run

Make sure to change track settings in the menu

And Regulation settings
 
:p

One word, black.
black.gif
 
Tried this last night with some friends. It was pretty cool for the first few minutes but you eventually get tired of spinning out from making contact with the invisible curbs. I think the best form of this would be if you could do F1 on Tokyo with time change, there's no grass/sand pits and the streets are narrow enough that you're not going to go spinning wildly.
 
I tried it with a nascar. the instruments look great in the dark. the blue lines looks very cool following the curves and elevation change
 
i just had one of thoose races a minute ago , haha it was hard!
 
Ok, figured it out

Go to - Open Lobby

Create New

Select Nürburgring 24hr/etc

Then you can do a free run

Make sure to change track settings in the menu

And Regulation settings

Only seeing this now, and actually forgot I asked.

Thank you :bowdown:
 
We did this last night with 4 people. It was hilarious :D You can't even see the guy in front until you bump him. We also turned off all HUD and the map for he true driving in the dark experience :)
 
Back