Trouble loading ghost at Toscana

I am too...it kicks me out to the GT page...I had to save the ghost from the rankings in the seasonal events and load it from the race menu.

I can't download ghost either. The worst part is my ps3 freezes up, or it kicks me back to the GT screen like peluski said.

If you save the replay from the leaderboards that show the overall rankings, you can load the replay with no problem once you are in the time trial. For some reason if you try to download and load the replay from the leaderboard in the actual time trial everything goes ape ****.

Anyone have an 800 number for the GT5 academy support team or something. My PS3 is freezing up too but with the Indy track at the exact same point on the track.

an 800 number to contact support...thats funny

I had this problem too. Save the Ghost and load it directly, worked for me...now if I could only match the ghost.

Yeah, I can't complete a lap at Indy without the game totally freezing up...I think I've done 4 or 5 laps total and now I can't get through one. I'm on my 4th reboot.

This sucks.

Same here, froze at Indy within a few hundredths of the ghost completing the lap. Could this be because the GT-A server is overloaded or something? Was running fine earlier this afternoon.

This was with a saved in the top 10 ghost not a downloaded one. Will try using a different ghost though

I doubt it, hell the first round had 55,000 people on it, now we might have 500...if we were all on it at once.

Glitchy software is glitchy. 👎

If you save the replay from the leaderboards that show the overall rankings, you can load the replay with no problem once you are in the time trial. For some reason if you try to download and load the replay from the leaderboard in the actual time trial everything goes ape ****.
If you save the actual replay, not the ghost replay, and then click on 'load ghost replay' (next to the start button) it will load like that also.(I think I am just rewording what you already said) 👍 Great laps by the way! :cheers:

Glitchy software is glitchy. 👎

That sucks! Hopefully it gets fixed before it's too late.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure the reason why my game froze on Indy was because I was using a saved ghost from the leaderboard. Tried just downloading it instead and no more freezing, let's hope.

EDIT: This didnt work either, sorry

Last edited:
Im pretty sure the reason why my game froze on Indy was because I was using a saved ghost from the leaderboard. Tried just downloading it instead and no more freezing, let's hope.

EDIT: This didnt work either, sorry

Use another ghost Fix's ghost is broken. This has been a problem with GT5 since launch. Sometimes ghosts are broken and lock the game at the finish line.
It's nothing your doing, if you download the replay and watch it in replay theater it will lock up just the same. Some sort of corruption in the replay data stops it from looping. This isn't a GT-A problem either, I've had it happen to my ghosts locally multiple times.
Thankfully you don't have to reboot the whole ps3. The XMB still works so you can just force quit gt5 and load it back up again. Minor inconvenience considering the past issues GT has had with broken replay cars driving off into oblivion or humping walls because the input is out of sync (i'm looking at you GT2).

^^ only applies to indy... the Toscana ghosts are just proper ****ed and will crash the event back to the GT-Life screen. gotta load from replay file as has been said many times.

Use another ghost Fix's ghost is broken. This has been a problem with GT5 since launch. Sometimes ghosts are broken and lock the game at the finish line.
It's nothing your doing, if you download the replay and watch it in replay theater it will lock up just the same. Some sort of corruption in the replay data stops it from looping. This isn't a GT-A problem either, I've had it happen to my ghosts locally multiple times.
Thankfully you don't have to reboot the whole ps3. The XMB still works so you can just force quit gt5 and load it back up again. Minor inconvenience considering the past issues GT has had with broken replay cars driving off into oblivion or humping walls because the input is out of sync (i'm looking at you GT2).
Thanks for the tip Dr_Watson. Makes perfect sense since recently I noticed the freeze would always occur when the ghost hit the start/finish line. I didn't consider trying another ghost besides Fix's after switching to Toscana and being unable to load any ghosts at all.

Can you or anyone else verify using another of the top 10 ghosts on Indy successfully without any freezing issues once the ghost completes its lap? Which ghost is working for you?

This happened to me. I took a break for a while then came back and tried to load my ghost replay and it locked up. Had to exit the game and re-enter.

Can you or anyone else verify using another of the top 10 ghosts on Indy successfully without any freezing issues once the ghost completes its lap? Which ghost is working for you?

Last night blindside's lap wasn't broken give that a whirl.

Last night blindside's lap wasn't broken give that a whirl.
Thanks. If blindside is still in top 10 Northeast when I get home tonight, I'll give it try. With all the rallying going on right now, who knows if there will be any clean ghosts for me to look at by then... 👎

At Indy I'm 8th now (should be 5th)...so hopefully it should be OK. The cheating in the Northeast isn't as prevalent as other regions.

As far as my ghost - I'm going to work on that tonight, hopefully getting into the .6's. Keep in mind that I lose 1 tenth in the first sector, 1 tenth in the really long left, and maybe 2 tenths in the double-hairpin (although I suppose that's 3.2 seconds if I were to rip the grass).

At Indy I'm 8th now (should be 5th)...so hopefully it should be OK. The cheating in the Northeast isn't as prevalent as other regions.
Here's hoping PD makes a move to put the clean drivers back to the front. I wish I was in the Northeast. Aside from the fact that there seems to be a better ratio of clean drivers, my time R1 time would've placed me at #51 instead of the #107 I was in the West. :ouch: I'd probably still miss the cut by a tick for R3, but it would have been exciting!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back