Trouble with drifting...

I'm having some troubles with drifting WITHOUT aids. I can't seem to turn enough to start sliding. I would have to set ASM (understeer) to the max in order to drift:indiff: ...Please help and teach me the ways of drifting without aids!!!

You should check some of the faqs and guides stickied at the top of this forum. They'll help you alot with the techniques and settings you need to learn.

Welcome to GTP.👍

I'm having some troubles with drifting WITHOUT aids. I can't seem to turn enough to start sliding. I would have to set ASM (understeer) to the max in order to drift:indiff: ...Please help and teach me the ways of drifting without aids!!!

I think that it is your turning technique...try turning in to a corner earlier and harder...Be sure you spin out....If you don't spin you're not trying hard enough. Over time you will get a feel for the correct countersteer inputs...but just concentrate an getting the rear end to spin out first then try and control it...

By reading what you have posted it seems like your driving style might like MR cars...They tend to oversteer more readily then Fr platform cars...If you REALLY want to use a High hP car...Try the Ruf Yellowbird and just grip...that car seems to drift all by itself...Good luck...

Ps..The best way to learn is to watch others ( vids) or better yet try and get on Xlink kai and drift with drifters there....

try a stock sileighty on n2's, and just thorw it at every corner, guaranteed to drift, just turn EARLY, and Ebrake...

hi

i agree with the sil80ty idea but not stock.....fully done up with n3's allround, 2-way LSD (soon to be tested with fully customisable LSD) and the right throtlle control it prove's to be a good drift car.....

P.S if u want some drift settings just P.M me and also check out the settings depo there alot of helpful things there....its up to u wat u do 👍

have fun!!

hi

i agree with the sil80ty idea but not stock.....fully done up with n3's allround, 2-way LSD (soon to be tested with fully customisable LSD) and the right throtlle control it prove's to be a good drift car.....

P.S if u want some drift settings just P.M me and also check out the settings depo there alot of helpful things there....its up to u wat u do 👍

have fun!!

N3's have too much grip but Follow the Drift Guide made by BL and Swift

the BONE stock sileighty with a locked differential will kick out by tuning, "he let his tail drift without slowing down!" *Shuichi Shigeno, Initial D: volume three*
it will do exactly that, and can help with your countersteering.

Thanks guys for the tips but do have any suggestions for a Lancer Evolution VIII GSR MR? It's kind of my fav. and will be hard for me to part from it and try a different car....

Good luck. Without an extreme setup that car is very difficult. I have drifted the stock evo before, but it was a pain and deff requires a controller. Start with rwd and master that before moving to awd.

I tried one of the suggestion and tried an MR (MR-2 GTS '97). I tweaked it up to the max and put on some N3's. I changed some of the settings to the best of my ability and gave it a good 15 laps in autumn ring mini. Its kind of slippery and whips back hard....
Going to try a sileighty next and see how that does...

i would deffinately try it stock, or with a stage 1 turbo, I could never drift the MR2 full power, but it wasnt really set up for that either :P

The one MR2 is a great drifter stock on comforts but I can't think of which year it was. It was very rounded and had flip ups and an evo style wing.

i would deffinately try it stock, or with a stage 1 turbo, I could never drift the MR2 full power, but it wasnt really set up for that either :P

Y not i did its preety good fully done up.....all i did was lower and harden the sespenion and took the aids off and put the deaccl down all the way and thats it

you make it sound like you expect the car to yaw, becasue you need it to max. Drifting isn't always just turn and slide, you know.
'
What you should keep in mind is that your car needs to be able to lose traction and sort of perform a slight yaw. Once this is acheived, you should be able to get the rest with a bit more practice.

The Evo VIII is hopeless for drifting, at least in GT4. You're not gonna get very far with that car, unfortunately. If you want to learn AWD drifting, try a 1999 Impreza, R34 V-Spec or RS200 road car... you'll probably need to stagger tires too (one notch stickier rubber on the front, like N3/N2).

Check out this thread for more on the Evo 8:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72291

ummm, ever tried feint drifting?
i seems to work pretty good on most cars with strong understeer.
if you do it right, you might be able to spin out (thats a good thing). then you will start learning how much countersteer and throttle to use.

just practice and dont get fustrated. 👍

Back