TRUEBRAKE Mod For Logitech

• Thread starter kilesa4568
  • 35 comments
The mod arrived with this morning's post after a lengthy (but understandable) wait and I only had time for two laps after it was fitted but I could feel how well engineered the mod is in that time. The accelerated curve in the braking is still noticeable but with the amount of pedal travel along with the force needed to reach full brake, the curve feels more intuitive when you ease off them compared to the original's longer travel.

Going to run a few laps to bed it in and learn how to use the drastically reduced travel tonight.

I've got to give up on this stupidly well made mod after finding out how rigid the rig needs to be to stop any flex in the pedal plate. My Playseat Evo is extended to its maximum length to fit my lanky streak of pee body in it and this mod causes a pivot point that bends the rig in the middle, which tips the pedal plate forward, which makes it a nightmare to modulate the brake out of hard braking zones. I was using about 10KG's to reach the top of the rig's pivot point with another 20 on top to reach an ever moving full brake point.

Tried shortening the rig to stop the flex and the mod worked brilliantly (it really feels like it measures load) but I'd need a chiropractor after every session so that isn't an option. Tried lowering the pedal plate but with the seating position being pretty low in the Evo, the pedal faces are angled too far back to exert much force on them.

Well worth buying but only get one if you've got a rock solid rig to bolt it down to. Any flex or movement will take too much of its accuracy away.

Last edited:
Tried lowering the pedal plate but with the seating position being pretty low in the Evo, the pedal faces are angled too far back to exert much force on them.
Damn, that's a shame. Could you mod your existing set-up to suit?

With Thrustmaster pedals we can change the angle of the pedal faces by using a simple wedge shaped piece behind the pedal face. It would be pretty easy to make these out of timber and it could solve your problem of the pedal face angle. Failing that, there has to be a way to reinforce the pedal plate. Could you take a picture of your setup showing the issues?

Untitled1.png

It's the bar that extends the rig that's the whole problem. I've got it tightened down an inch from the end (as close as I dare as I've kicked the pedals off a few times:crazy:) to fit my legs in so there's no spare bar to grip the tube under the seat. I bend the rig upwards about an inch under hard braking and it made a hell of a metal on metal racket with the movement.

A mate of mine is a mechanic so I might ask if he can weld an extension on the tube. Another 6-8" (or more) should stop any movement and give me a bit more wiggle room. Worth a shot anyway.

It's the bar that extends the rig that's the whole problem. I've got it tightened down an inch from the end (as close as I dare as I've kicked the pedals off a few times:crazy:) to fit my legs in so there's no spare bar to grip the tube under the seat. I bend the rig upwards about an inch under hard braking and it made a hell of a metal on metal racket with the movement.

A mate of mine is a mechanic so I might ask if he can weld an extension on the tube. Another 6-8" (or more) should stop any movement and give me a bit more wiggle room. Worth a shot anyway.
Definitely worth a shot by the sounds. Sleeves and gussets ftw 👍 (I used to be a welder in my younger days :)).

After reading all the horror stories about Thrustmaster over the years and failing miserably at saving for a Fanatec for the last year, I've just shelled out for a lightly used T300RS GT (no signs of wear for £250) to get better options for any future upgrades, including a load cell after I get the rig extended. It looks like the new wheel's pedals sit further back though so all going well, I might not need to but will probably do it anyway. Less chance of kicking the pedals away again.

If anyone wants to buy a used for 3 days Truebrake mod, send me a PM along with a respectable offer. (It cost me £60.)

Back