TSR | Mazda Demio Cup - Season Complete | Congrats lxmmy Drivers Champ | Team RE Amemiya Team ChampsFinished 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 232 comments

What's your preferred race time on Sundays?

• 9am PDT/MST | 12pm EDT | 4pm UTC

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 10am PDT/MST | 1pm EDT | 5pm UTC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11am PDT/MST | 2pm EDT | 6pm UTC

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 12pm PDT/MST | 3pm EDT | 7pm UTC

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Earlier than indicated above (please post when)

• Later than indicated above (please post when)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
banner.png

Welcome to the TSR Mazda Demio Cup championship. This is a 6-event, 12-race series with racing on tracks starting in Japan, and ending in Europe. For this series, we are using the 2010 Mazda Demio Sport with stock engine and supporting modifications. For more information, please see the car selection section below.

If you are interested in joining us, have a look around and we hope to see you on track! :)

To register for this series, please fill out the registration form HERE.
Click HERE to make sure your car number hasn't already been chosen before registering.​

**This thread is a continued work in progress, information may change**

Room Settings
Races will be held in the TSR club lobbies. Club membership required to participate. (ID #1012278)
  • Qualifier Race Format - Race Alone
  • Qualifier Start Type - Pit Start
  • Qualifier Time Limit - 8 Min(s)
  • Race Settings Time Limit - 15 Min(s)
  • Race Settings Start Type - Grid Start with False Start Check
  • Race Settings Grid Order Race 1 - Fastest First
  • Race Settings Grid Order Race 2 - Reverse Grid based on previous race results
  • Race Settings Boost - Off
  • Race Settings Penalty - None
  • Race Settings Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption - Fast
  • Race Settings Grip Reduction on Wet Track / Track Edge - Real
  • Race Settings Visible Damage - Off
  • Race Settings Mechanical Damage - Light
  • Race Settings Slipstream Strength - Real
  • Filter by Performance PP Limit - 394
  • Filter by Performance Max Power Limit - 153HP
  • Filter by Performance Minimum Weight - 933kg
  • Filter by Performance Drivetrain - FF
  • Filter by Performance Tires - Sports: Medium
  • Filter by Performance Vehicle Tuning - No Limit
  • Limit Driving Options Skid Recovery Force - Prohibited
  • Limit Driving Options Active Steering - Prohibited
  • Limit Driving Options Active Stability Management - Prohibited
  • Limit Driving Options Driving Line - Available
  • Limit Driving Options Traction Control - Prohibited
  • Limit Driving Options ABS - Available
Schedule
6 event schedule consists of the following:

x6 Dual 15 Minute Races (Reverse Grid Race 2) 12 races total.

• Tsukuba Circuit + Moto Chicane (5 second penalty for missing chicane to gain position/time)
  • Twin Ring Motegi East Course
  • Suzuka Circuit East Course
  • Silverstone Circuit International Course
  • Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
  • Nurburgring GP/D Circuit
schedule_v2.png

Car Specs
Car specification must be based on the following:
**NOTE: 5-speed Transmission MUST be installed BEFORE power modifications for proper gearing!**

specs_v1.png

numberplate.png

Championship Points
  • Points will be awarded to all drivers who complete 75% race distance or greater.
  • 1 Bonus Point for winning both races in a single event.
  • Worst single event per driver deducted from final points total after round 3.
points.png

Prizes!
The following prizes will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in the championship:
  1. 1st Place: 1 $50 PSN gift card + 2 General Admission tickets to a 2016 racing event of their choice. (up to $100 total value)
  2. 2nd Place: 2 $20 PSN gift cards.
  3. 3rd Place: 1 $20 PSN gift card.
prizes.png

**Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery of prizes**

Last edited:
This series looks like it's going to be a really good one! :)
Thanks. The rest of the OP should be finished tonight. I got your registration, will get the car specs to you shortly. :)

Edit: I'm also going to try and come up with a prize pack that will be quite appealing. :D

I did some testing the other night and was reminded how much I hate GT's physics with slick tires. What you see here is what happens when you get excited for an idea before you test any cars. :P

Despite of the lack of accuracy on the physics, this is a great idea from a series. One of my favourites :)
The feeling should be better with the Sport tyres... I tried some time ago a 458 Italia with the Ferrari Challenge specs and the feeling was better with the Sport tyres than the Racing Hard tyres.

Despite of the lack of accuracy on the physics, this is a great idea from a series. One of my favourites :)
The feeling should be better with the Sport tyres... I tried some time ago a 458 Italia with the Ferrari Challenge specs and the feeling was better with the Sport tyres than the Racing Hard tyres.
I think these cars might be more of a handful on SS than the Ferrari unless we ignore trying to make the power numbers similar to the real cars and just go for the best "feel" in the game. Even then I'm not so sure.

We have 3 registered so far, including myself. I think we'll need at least 10 people to move forward with this.

Spread the word. :)

Obviously not racing in the morning. Still only 4 registered at the moment.

I guess 2 free tickets to a racing event of your choice and some free games doesn't mean much.

Obviously not racing in the morning. Still only 4 registered at the moment.

I guess 2 free tickets to a racing event of your choice and some free games doesn't mean much.
I'm still surprised in why people aren't signing up when there are great prizes on offer.

Yeah me too... I really don't understand... :confused: But it's clearly visible that the number of new series are getting too low, maybe due to Project Cars release

I haven't even played PCars. :lol:

I played for an hour with a pad on a PlayStation Portugal marketing event during the week of the release. I begged so much for a wheel but it was not possible.

Curiously, PlayStation Portugal held a competition on their online forum a month or two after the release of the game and the winning prize was a digital version of Project Cars. And I won! :crazy: Now, the worst part, I don't have a PS4... :ouch:

I played for an hour with a pad on a PlayStation Portugal marketing event during the week of the release. I begged so much for a wheel but it was not possible.

Curiously, PlayStation Portugal held a competition on their online forum a month or two after the release of the game and the winning prize was a digital version of Project Cars. And I won! :crazy: Now, the worst part, I don't have a PS4... :ouch:

You can give it to me if you want...:P Only joking!

Back