TSR | Mazda Demio Cup - Season Complete | Congrats lxmmy Drivers Champ | Team RE Amemiya Team ChampsFinished 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 232 comments

What's your preferred race time on Sundays?

• 9am PDT/MST | 12pm EDT | 4pm UTC

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 10am PDT/MST | 1pm EDT | 5pm UTC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11am PDT/MST | 2pm EDT | 6pm UTC

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 12pm PDT/MST | 3pm EDT | 7pm UTC

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Earlier than indicated above (please post when)

• Later than indicated above (please post when)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@R1600Turbo, can you state what the track boundaries are for the race today?

I ask because I finally went back and watched some of the race replays...and if we were going by GTP WRS or SNAIL track boundaries, then 5 out of 8 drivers went out of bounds on their best lap at Silverstone Race 1, 7/8 at Silverstone Race 2, 3/7 at Brands Race 1, and 5/8 at Brands Race 2. Cutting it close every now and then is understandable to me, but most of these were very obvious.

In my experience, usually the general idea for track boundaries is to keep two wheels on or inside the white line at the track edge; and where there are rumble strips, the rumble strips replace the white line. If you find yourself out of bounds, I think the sportsmanlike thing to do is to lift off of the throttle long enough to remove any advantage you may have gained by going out of bounds.

These were the GTP WRS track boundary rules when they ran Nurburgring GP/D:
"
  • Red and white rumbles and tarmac inside white boundary line, including the line itself are legal track. No other surfaces are track.
  • The concrete, green areas, and tarmac outside the red and white curbs and white boundary line are out of bounds. (See pics below)
Green painted areas - DIRTY
9pjf.jpg

Tarmac outside white line - DIRTY
pcvs.jpg

Concrete outside white line - DIRTY
63rx.jpg

Areas outside red/white curbing - DIRTY
svt4.jpg
"

Yes, I usually follow the GTP online racing rules when it comes to track boundaries which is two within the white lines unless I say otherwise. I am not super strict because sometimes in the heat of a battle it may happen by accident, but if I see that it's being repeated lap after lap, then it becomes a problem.

Overall, great racing, aside from a bit of contact. Oh well. Hopefully I'll see you all somewhere around. :)

First off, thank you to everyone that stuck around for the whole season. I know it's hard to get full grids in this stuff anymore, either people don't care for what the league uses for car selection and/or track selection, people just don't have the time to run (it is still warm outside for one) or have just simply moved on from GT6. We're certainly not a WEC or SuperGT league which are usually the popular ones, but I like to try and do something different than most with my leagues and that sometimes isn't very appealing, unfortunately.

Congrats to @lxmmy for winning the drivers championship. Although it came with some controversy, it wasn't exactly handed to him with no effort. You are quick dude, just try and be a little cleaner out there! ;) Also congrats to @lxmmy and @Danny99 (Team RE Amemiya) for taking the team championship. They earned this quite easily by being the only team with more than one car on the grid. :lol: Prizes will be handed out out shortly, expect to see a PM from me regarding these in a couple weeks.

Results and Points updated.

For everyone inquiring about me running another series, I honestly did not have any plans to do another since I am not keen on trying to run a series without good participation numbers. I may post something up in a week or two, but if it does not attract at least 10 drivers that are 100% committed for the whole season, then it will not move forward. With that said, I have a few idea floating around including a B-Spec series I tried once before and could try again, or maybe an unofficial touring car series (similar to BTCC but with less power) or maybe try reviving the Maserati Trofeo or Viper Cup ideas. Let me know what you guys think.

First off, thank you to everyone that stuck around for the whole season. I know it's hard to get full grids in this stuff anymore, either people don't care for what the league uses for car selection and/or track selection, people just don't have the time to run (it is still warm outside for one) or have just simply moved on from GT6. We're certainly not a WEC or SuperGT league which are usually the popular ones, but I like to try and do something different than most with my leagues and that sometimes isn't very appealing, unfortunately.

Congrats to @lxmmy for winning the drivers championship. Although it came with some controversy, it wasn't exactly handed to him with no effort. You are quick dude, just try and be a little cleaner out there! ;) Also congrats to @lxmmy and @Danny99 (Team RE Amemiya) for taking the team championship. They earned this quite easily by being the only team with more than one car on the grid. :lol: Prizes will be handed out out shortly, expect to see a PM from me regarding these in a couple weeks.

Results and Points updated.

For everyone inquiring about me running another series, I honestly did not have any plans to do another since I am not keen on trying to run a series without good participation numbers. I may post something up in a week or two, but if it does not attract at least 10 drivers that are 100% committed for the whole season, then it will not move forward. With that said, I have a few idea floating around including a B-Spec series I tried once before and could try again, or maybe an unofficial touring car series (similar to BTCC but with less power) or maybe try reviving the Maserati Trofeo or Viper Cup ideas. Let me know what you guys think.
Definitely we could revive a championship of yours. I remember the IMSA sports car challenge where we had a full grid first race and I would love to participate in that again. :)

Congratulations, Mikey. @lxmmy

Thanks to @R1600Turbo not just for making an amazing championship, but also for letting me to Participate on Suzuka Round after I had missed the Sick Cylinder's WCS.

Although that Sundays are a big no-no for me, I'm looking forward to race more TSR Races. 👍

Regards,

Harsk. :cheers:

For the record, @R1600Turbo, I think the racing series' you come up with are always ones that interest me. Unfortunately the whole timezone thing sucks, plus I don't really trust that this 'broadband' internet we, have down here is good enough for league racing anyway. But I do often build a car to your regulations purely for hot lapping, so thanks for that! Hopefully you have better participation once GT7 comes around.

Really disappointed in myself for missing this season :dunce: I had a lot of fun at the Brands Hatch round, despite my noobness in race 2.

I'm one of those people who have sort of moved on from GT6, but I would definitely switch it on a couple times a week for a good series.

My personal preference would be to do another multi class series with the CTSCC spec cars, but more freedom to customize the looks of the cars, and maybe switch up the track list slightly.

My personal preference would be to do another multi class series with the CTSCC spec cars, but more freedom to customize the looks of the cars, and maybe switch up the track list slightly.
I had thought of that, but specing all those cars is a lot of work that I am not sure I want to put in. There is a way around that though which is having people spec their own cars and running to a lap time (parity) but I find that method isn't very popular. I think it's nice though because people can run whatever car they want (I would still have some input) and tune the car however they want (with some minor limitations like aero) and it offers quite a diverse range of cars.

I had thought of that, but specing all those cars is a lot of work that I am not sure I want to put in. There is a way around that though which is having people spec their own cars and running to a lap time (parity) but I find that method isn't very popular. I think it's nice though because people can run whatever car they want (I would still have some input) and tune the car however they want (with some minor limitations like aero) and it offers quite a diverse range of cars.
Good point, that would be a lot of work.

I've never done a lap time parity event before...I'd give it a shot though.

I also like the one make series too...I'm just trying to get my CTSCC fix :lol: think that'll have to wait until GT7.

Just a couple updates here:

1) Championship prizes will be given out shortly. I've been pretty busy lately and haven't had a chance to get everything together. Fret not, I haven't forgotten about you! @lxmmy @msgt-sd @Nicktune

2) I will be starting another racing series up in the next few weeks. Waiting for the outdoor temps to drop a bit so that people will come inside and play. :P I am going back to my good ol' standby series: Miata's! More details in the coming weeks, but if you are interested or know anyone that might be interested, post away. :)

Back