Tsukuba-real life vids comparison

• Thread starter bn
  • 28 comments
Hi, this is my first post here.

Just found these real life vids of testing TVRs at Tsukuba while hunting for TVRs pics :

TVR_track part 1/2/3....TVR Tamora vs Elise vs M3 (best lap times are shown at end of part 3 vid)
tvrone_1 & 2....TVR Cerbera vs Tuscan vs Tamora vs NSX-R (best lap times are at end of part 2 vid)

All videos are in Japanese, but still great stuff !

Could be a good way of comparing GT4 times with actual times. Good to see the drivers getting out of shape on the same corners as I do in GT4P.

To download go to ;

http://www.sleepy-fish.com/video_page.htm

two-thirds down the page, on the right,

Miscellaneous Videos
On track in Japan # 1
On track in Japan # 2
On track in Japan # 3
Track test in Japan # 1
Track test in Japan # 2

So those are these famous Gran Turismo style races that are organised on Tsukuba. Interesting! But where are the Gran Turismo style cheering crowds and horn blowers?

OK OK, I repeat myself ... but so true.

A few lines higher on the same page there is a video about the TVR Speed 12 which was in GT2. First time I see a video about that car. Thought it was a project only, never knew the car actually raced!

Buggy Boy
So those are these famous Gran Turismo style races that are organised on Tsukuba. Interesting! But where are the Gran Turismo style cheering crowds and horn blowers?

A few lines higher on the same page there is a video about the TVR Speed 12 which was in GT2. First time I see a video about that car. Thought it was a project only, never knew the car actually raced!

Here you go Buggy Boy, you may like these

Also, head to this link

http://www.tvr-cerbera.com/

Click on the multi-media link on the left and you can down-load footage of a Speed 12 from Top Gear and the only remaining roadcar, with a modified engine, lovely sound on the video.

Attachments

• speed12-18.jpg
    speed12-18.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Other2951a.jpeg
    Other2951a.jpeg
    12.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Cerbera Speed 12 TVR Promo Postcard detail.JPG
    Cerbera Speed 12 TVR Promo Postcard detail.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Cerbera Speed 12 TVR Promo Postcard.JPG
    Cerbera Speed 12 TVR Promo Postcard.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Other2951c.jpeg
    Other2951c.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 41
  • s122.jpg
    s122.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 26
  • speed_04.jpg
    speed_04.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 41
  • cerbera.jpeg
    cerbera.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 54
  • s121.jpg
    s121.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 19
  • speed12d.jpg
    speed12d.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 36
Buggy Boy

FFS you idiot.. Let it the **** go already... Write PD a letter or something...

Scaff
Here you go Buggy Boy, you may like these

Also, head to this link

http://www.tvr-cerbera.com/

Click on the multi-media link on the left and you can down-load footage of a Speed 12 from Top Gear and the only remaining roadcar, with a modified engine, lovely sound on the video.

i have heard the speed 12 before it sounds like an animal :ill: everyone has too watch that vid probably the best engine note youll ever hear

Flerbizky
FFS you idiot.. Let it the **** go already... Write PD a letter or something...
Although I concur with your thoughts, please refrain form quoting this person. He's been on my ignore list for years now, and I do not appreciate someone else basically forcing me to read his sophomoric rants.

Buggy Boy

Yes where are the crowds? and that lovely cheering!

Buggy Boy

Jesus, stop bringing up a non issue? there are problems in the game.. and this is one of those that are just completley irrelevant, NO ONE BUT YOU CARES!
if you're gonna bring up an issue (and there are quite a few), at least take the time to look at the REAL issues in the game, stop spamming the forum.

These vids rock. Great links guys, thanks.

Tsukuba looks pretty much exactly the same. Braking points are exactly the same. Cannot wait to try that in GT4 and see how close to the times I can get.

Just out of interest, why do the drivers blip the throttle on down change? Does it keep the car more stable?

Tuscan UK
These vids rock. Great links guys, thanks.

Tsukuba looks pretty much exactly the same. Braking points are exactly the same. Cannot wait to try that in GT4 and see how close to the times I can get.

Just out of interest, why do the drivers blip the throttle on down change? Does it keep the car more stable?

Heel and toe downshifts allow you to ensure that the engine revs are high enough to allow the lower gear to be used without a huge drop in revs. Which would both slow the car (revs may be too low for optimal torque or power) and unsettle the car (weight transfer due to engine braking from the lower revs).

If you drive, you may well have felt the latter effect when changing down on the road, weight shifts to the front of the car as you change down, its uncomfortable on the road and no good at all on the track.

With practice it is quite easy to get to grips with (but a bi**h to master), empty roads or car parks can be good places to practice.

If you click on the My Gallery link at the bottom of my post, go to the Heel and Toe section and I have scaned a book with details of how and why you heel and toe, you may need to print it out.

I watched the vids and i seem to recall at the end it said the NSX got a laptime of 1:04.xxx in the time attack. Well to see how accurate GT4 was i tried out that same car on the same track in GT4 prologue and i got a 1:03.798 which less than 1 second quicker than what the guy did in real life round that circuit in real life. This game really is totally realistic in its laps time :)

Tuscan UK
Interesting stuff. Thanks for the info. I don't think I'll try it out for myself though!

Well, maybe just once...

Go for it.
Its really accurate even i wasnt execpting the time to be that accurate. If somone could find the best times of even faster car in the same ciruciut i would love to know how accurate they are on GT4 plologue

Tuscan UK
Interesting stuff. Thanks for the info. I don't think I'll try it out for myself though!

Well, maybe just once...

Stune
Go for it.
Its really accurate even i wasnt execpting the time to be that accurate. If somone could find the best times of even faster car in the same ciruciut i would love to know how accurate they are on GT4 plologue

I think Tuscan was talking about heel and toe downshifts, not trying to match RL laptimes with GT4 times.

Best Motoring is a great reference when it comes to Tsukuba... they test nearly all new sports cars there, well, at least the Japanese and top european models (the ones we won't see in the game).

They' been on Fuji Fast as well...

PMental
Best Motoring is a great reference when it comes to Tsukuba... they test nearly all new sports cars there, well, at least the Japanese and top european models (the ones we won't see in the game).

They' been on Fuji Fast as well...
They've been on Motegi (Course and Speedway), Suzuka.... (more Japanese tracks)

I couldn't resist having a go at heel and toe today...and I nearly hit the car ahead of me.

Moral of the story? Keep practising.

I don't think my car has the right pedal setup to do that sort of thing anyway. It's hardly made for the track.

Tuscan UK
I couldn't resist having a go at heel and toe today...and I nearly hit the car ahead of me.

Moral of the story? Keep practising.

I don't think my car has the right pedal setup to do that sort of thing anyway. It's hardly made for the track.

Good man, but I did say practice on empty roads or car parks.

Its a good idea to try with the car turned off to get used to the actions and the order they come in.

But you are also right some cars do have a pedal set-up that does not make it easy. Some have a brake pedal set to high, other have to large a gap between the brake and throttle pedals.

Im lookin to beat the new Super Street Time Attcak lap at Tsukuba......54.739 set by the HKS all carbon-fiber EVO..............or at leasr 55.801 SET BY THE Sun auto Cyber Evo

Scaff
Good man, but I did say practice on empty roads or car parks.

Its a good idea to try with the car turned off to get used to the actions and the order they come in.

But you are also right some cars do have a pedal set-up that does not make it easy. Some have a brake pedal set to high, other have to large a gap between the brake and throttle pedals.

Yeah Heel and Toe is difficult to perform and feels weird at first. I remember my first time trying it and I couldn't get the timing right from gearing down to bipping the throttle. The first time I did it was during a time near a round about. I would usually brake and try to do heel toe but the car just ended up jerking when the gears engaged lolz. It takes quite a few practice to learn and once learnt, you'll end up doing it everytime you time you drive lolz (well to me anyway). Your down shifts would be more smoother when heel toe is done properly. As Scaff said it is best to "practice on empty roads" :)

tougemonster
Yeah Heel and Toe is difficult to perform and feels weird at first. I remember my first time trying it and I couldn't get the timing right from gearing down to bipping the throttle. The first time I did it was during a time near a round about. I would usually brake and try to do heel toe but the car just ended up jerking when the gears engaged lolz. It takes quite a few practice to learn and once learnt, you'll end up doing it everytime you time you drive lolz (well to me anyway). Your down shifts would be more smoother when heel toe is done properly. As Scaff said it is best to "practice on empty roads" :)

It is a useful skill to have, and practice is the key (if the cars pedals are set-up OK), on empty roads of course. The more you do it the easier it gets. 👍

GT_HAVOK
LOl, nice photos, i've never actually took my tvr out of the garage much.

Shame of you for leaving those lovely TVRs in the garage, get them out and have a bit of fun. To whet youre appetite heres a link to a write-up on a TVR Speed 12 for BESTuners here at GT Planet.

BESTuners TVR Speed 12 write-up

It contains lots of info, a detailed write-up, settings and pictures. I hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think.

Regards

Scaff

Back