TT 49: 500PP NSX @ Motegi East/ 600PP 60's RC's @ Tokyo

Getting gold on NSX at Motegi is not really hard, I used NSX Type S Zero, a mild power upgrade to around 350+hp, no weight reduction, stock LSD and suspension, is enough for gold - for me at least. Getting into less than 1:35, now that's another thing - will need a good tune which maximize grip/handling and getting smooth is absolutely a must here.

To get more rear tire grip, use post 2002 NSX or the LM Road Car, they have fatter rear tires.

PD doesn't program for tire width only mechanical grip and downforce. If they did the Yellowbird wouldn't spin like a top when you breathe on the gas pedal.

PD doesn't program for tire width only mechanical grip and downforce. If they did the Yellowbird wouldn't spin like a top when you breathe on the gas pedal.

PD must have messed something up somewhere, some cars with wide rear tires in real life - Viper GTS, Corvette ZR1 C4 or any other post C4 have massive rear grip even with comfort medium tires in GT5, I was thinking that NSX does not have the same issue with Yellowbird.

Take Cizeta V16T for example, I often drive this car online with CM tire in stock condition, the rear grip is there and can be felt more than some other supercars with skinnier rear tire and similar CM tire.

Maybe someone can compare the old 92s NSX with 2002 NSX and LM road car with same exact same tune and power/weight, see if they handle differently - more prone to oversteer on throttle.

This doesn't happen very often, but I was struggling to get gold with this one (NSX) I tried numerous tunes & set ups to no avail, scrapped in at 35,000 somewhere. So I started from scratch, bought a new NSX Type R '02 fitted engine bits & bobs, 6 speed box, 1st lap out...9215th. I know it's not a lot to shout about, but it does go to show that sometimes tinkering around isn't for everyone.

This doesn't happen very often, but I was struggling to get gold with this one (NSX) I tried numerous tunes & set ups to no avail, scrapped in at 35,000 somewhere. So I started from scratch, bought a new NSX Type R '02 fitted engine bits & bobs, 6 speed box, 1st lap out...9215th. I know it's not a lot to shout about, but it does go to show that sometimes tinkering around isn't for everyone.

So true. Many's the time that I've tried tuning a car with the result that I get slower and slower, eventually going back to stock suspension and gearbox for my best time. For my first attempts with the NSX I couldn't even keep it on the track for a lap let alone get gold. I tried Praiano's tune mentioned up-thread and it's like a different car, although I think the wing is the greatest improvement. Without it I was really struggling for grip on CS tyres.

NSX 02

Currently 10th with a 1:31.684... best sectors would give a .3 with this tune.

Stage 3 weight reduction
Window weight reduction
Carbon hood
Wing
Stage 3 engine tune
Catalytic convertor
Titanium racing exhaust
All other non-power mods

Ballast 200kg, position 25
Power limiter 96.1%
Wing 10

Makes 351bhp @ 1251kg for 500ppts

Gears
Max speed 124mph
1st 3.841
2nd 2.880
3rd 2.373
4th 1.958
5th 1.666
6th 1.429
Final 3.369

Diff 12, 25, 12

Ride -10, -15
Spring 11.4, 8.8
Rebound 4, 5
Bound 3, 4
ARB 2, 4
Camber 2.0 1.0
Toe 0, 0
Brakes 5, 5

Lovely combo... requires very precise steering and throttle control.

Nice 1,I'll definitely give this a go,its got to be better than my attempt :lol:

The car was all over the place :crazy:

I just ruined a 1:31.2. On the very last turn I had snap oversteer at the end of the turn and instead got my current 1:31.3 for 8th place. I'll try again later :)

Nice to see in the NSX Time Trial almost all in top 10 without Active Steering:tup:

Nice to see in the NSX Time Trial almost all in top 10 without Active Steering:tup:

Most of them are using ABS, but thats ok because you use it as well?

Also, how can it be a world record when you only beat 200000 people?

For an official world record, you need a level playing field. So if you dont share your tunes, then you are only racing yourself.

For an official world record, you need a level playing field. So if you dont share your tunes, then you are only racing yourself.

I know you are faster than me iam very bad.

Actually, for a totally level playing field, everyone would have to be using the same car (ideally new) same power, same weight, same ballast, exact same tune, and exact same aids. So all of this right now doesn't mean too much, I'm often (one of or even occassionally) the fastest person if I don't use the best car, and I limit it to all of the people with a W9 wheel using only ABS1, so everything is relative, except when its exactly the same, which I doubt it'd ever be, unless you paired up with someone saying 'lets use x car and y tune', but who does that?

Plus, some of the fastest drivers rarely, if at all, take part in these time trials. The way I see it, if you finish P1, you are only the fastest of the drivers that took part in that particular time trial. Hardly a world record.

First let me state that I do enjoy the TT events, but truly fast drivers try and find and harness the true speed and handling of a car. These events take a car, cut its nuts off (200kg ballast, 50% limit the engine) and ruin the feel for the car.

I like to take a rare, unused car to try these events. I now have gold in the race car TT, using a Camaro RM car and a silver in the NSX using the Accura.

But some of my tuned down cars have made a big impact in these TT's...<----I said TT's :dopey:

Just my two brain cells :cheers:

So if you click his 'see my world records' link, you see that he has a trial level rating of 21.85

My trial level rating is 88.25

Perhaps they deduct points for bad sportmanship?

132.6xx with Stotty's tune and a DS3.

Advice for DS3 users borrowing this tune: Put downforce to 20, then lower engine and fiddle with the LSD (5, 5, 5, for me personally).

Active steering and skid recovery force are hardly the same as abs or even tcs/acs. :rolleyes:

An aid is still an aid. "Any aid, regardless of what it is, is for unskilled drivers." His words, not mine. Yet he uses ABS 1.:dunce:

jimipitbull
So if you click his 'see my world records' link, you see that he has a trial level rating of 21.85

My trial level rating is 88.25

Perhaps they deduct points for bad sportmanship?

No, he hasn't participated in enough TTs to show his real score.

Last night I got to exactly 1500th place in the Motegi time trial, about a 1:34.9 I believe it was. I can't seem to get through the second to final corner all that well. Tips?

Last night I got to exactly 1500th place in the Motegi time trial, about a 1:34.9 I believe it was. I can't seem to get through the second to final corner all that well. Tips?

I always get that 1 wrong but if you try to brake slightly earlier than usual and(if using manual)get into second and square off the corner,to get on the power as early as possible.

Hope that helps(and makes sense :))

132.6xx with Stotty's tune and a DS3.

Advice for DS3 users borrowing this tune: Put downforce to 20, then lower engine and fiddle with the LSD (5, 5, 5, for me personally).

Thanks, I will try that I got to 1:33:195 with the tune, but I think there is a second to gain for me personally if I can put together a decent lap but in sector two I always screw up. :)

Incredible guys the World Record Video is ready.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mhrTZ9PDBo

I know you guys hate it.
And you are all much faster than me.
I know this yes.

Nice lap. I appreciate your skill and speed, but like I said before, hardly a world record. (For the reasons I stated in my previous post)

It would be cool if we had a time trial where all were forced to use the same car, no tuning, and everything else exactly the same and all the top drivers participated. Then we would truely see who would hold the world record. Again, not doubting your speed Immortal, but I just think there are a few who are truely faster.

An aid is still an aid. "Any aid, regardless of what it is, is for unskilled drivers." His words, not mine. Yet he uses ABS 1.:dunce:

I must have missed that one. :irked:

The way I see it is that the feel of brakes in GT5 with no ABS is not the same as driving a car with no ABS and even using the ABS assist its not the same as a car with ABS. In general I think brakes are the weak point as far as GT5 physics go. Then again I am using a controller. When using a wheel and pedals it could be quite abit more like the real thing.

Incredible guys the World Record Video is ready.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mhrTZ9PDBo

I know you guys hate it.
And you are all much faster than me.
I know this yes.

Fantastic lap Immortal. I'm certainly not faster than you. I found the video useful for seeing how a really fast driver does it. For example on the banked loop I always hug the inside but you go out wide in the middle. Also I noticed in the section between the tight hairpin and the jump your speed is constantly increasing. Is that flat-out? I've never managed to take that turn without lifting.

Back