TT Isle of Man 2 is Coming to Consoles and PC in Q1 2020

I was going to wait for reviews before purchasing the game but I took a chance and ordered a phyhsical copy which should hopefully arrive tomorrow or on friday. I really like what I've been seeing the last couple of days from various Youtube channels who got their hands on the game early (& especially @VVV Mars VG's previews) so I decided to bite the bullet.

I must admit, it does look a lot better than the first game with regards the bike handling (as much as you can tell by looking) and at least the videos I have watched don't have the rider being mysteriously flung off every few yards!

I still see people talking about the first game (especially since it came out on Xbox Gamepass) and how difficult it is as they keep crashing. I sit there screaming at the screen that it isn't them, it's the game!

The thing is, I can live with not so accurate physics, as long as nothing weird goes on, and it has a good atmosphere. But do they deserve my money after I bought the first game for full price and never played it because the physics were so rough? Or do I wait for it to be discounted....hmmmmm.

I still see people talking about the first game (especially since it came out on Xbox Gamepass) and how difficult it is as they keep crashing. I sit there screaming at the screen that it isn't them, it's the game!

The thing is, I can live with not so accurate physics, as long as nothing weird goes on, and it has a good atmosphere. But do they deserve my money after I bought the first game for full price and never played it because the physics were so rough? Or do I wait for it to be discounted....hmmmmm.
The first game is still one of my worst digital only purchases. I initially had some fun but it wasn’t until I progressed through the game that I could no longer put up with the sub-par physics and constant crashing for no good reason. It was difficult for all the wrong reasons.

I unistalled it a few weeks later after rage quitting and absolutely losing my #### :embarrassed:

I don’t have a hard-on for simulation games anymore so TTIOM2 seems like a good fit for something inbetween.

As one of I'm sure very few people who got all the steam achievements in the first game, I can't say I didn't have a lot of fun with it. But that fun was scattered in between an awful lot of pain and a lot of time spent learning "okay, this is apparently what you have to do to keep the dying to a minimum through here." Not to mention coming to terms with "sometimes if you do everything right you're just going to crash anyway."

If the reports after release are good I might consider the new game as it would be nice to be able to scratch that itch without having to deal with the frustrations of the first game(or spending way too much time re-learning everything). But certainly not a first-week purchase for me.

What happened to this? A very short delay? It said on the Xbox store it was available from midnight the 18th March, but now shows as 9:00am today (19th)?

edit: oh joy. Just been watching some videos on YouTube and a lot of people are talking about how badly they were bitten by the first game - noting when you were thrown off the bike for no reason, and one comment claims it is still present in this game as well. If that is true, then the devs don't deserve a penny for this.

Last edited:
Just been watching some videos on YouTube and a lot of people are talking about how badly they were bitten by the first game - noting when you were thrown off the bike for no reason, and one comment claims it is still present in this game as well. If that is true, then the devs don't deserve a penny for this.
I haven't seen one gameplay video yet were it wasn't the player's fault for crashing out but I'll get back to you (once I've got my copy) if that's the case still. It's just one comment but still interesting to see if it's actually true.

EDIT : Never got my copy yesterday so I'm crossing my fingers it'll arrive today. I've however been reading some first impressions on their Facebook page mainly regarding the physics and a general complaint seems to be input lag. I'll have to try it on my own and most likely fiddle with some settings.

Edit 2: My delivery of the game appears to have become a vicitim of the corona virus, i.e the postal service is currently understaffed big time. Oh well.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the first one. It was difficult but definitely always felt like my own fault when I was thrown off, and the main highlight was the fantastic sense of speed. Visuals were okay too in my opinion, even if they obviously weren't going to impress anyone.

Just read that the new game has an open world mode. Even if it's limited in size compared to genuine open world racers, it will certainly be another point that will make me consider buying it.

I Was just checking on the ps4 store if ever there is a demo but no, need it i think.
Then i watched the video on there, i don't know, the part where the bike is at the start idling from 3rd person, the bike and rider are shaking like a cardboard cut-out lol haha. Like trying to fake the rumbling of the engine, i don't know man, it's a detail but it's not a good sign hehe.

Edit: watched more on utube, tracks look cool and fast sweeping and sound is ok i guess. But in 3rd person it looks a little weird like a cardboard cutout still, moving left and right like no weight, idk seems arcade and not real. Maybe if i could try a demo. And in cockpit view it doesn't seem to feel good at all the motion of your rider compared to ride3 and motogp19. Oh well..

Last edited:
That's something that I think the original got right.....I mean the original on the PS2. It (my memory could be being generous here) seemed to really replicate the gyroscopic forces on the steering when you really hit top speeds, and you could feel the bike wanting to tank slap at times. It felt really good, and the bikes had a weighty feel.

Maybe rose-tinted glasses speaking, but I wanted a sequel for so long that it must have done something right.

I really liked the first game although I shared the misgivings about the quality of the handling. Something not as natural about it as in Ride 2 or 3.
So I got the second game. I have to say I was a bit disappointed that the handling didn't seem to have improved that much. I can't put my finger on it but it still feels a bit odd, and there is a tendency to oversteer. Also the animation of the bike's movement (third person perspective) seems incongruent. The rear wheel moves a bit too dramatically from side to side when you turn the bike, as if the bike is turning on an invisible axis, rather than responding to real life two-wheeled physics.

However I am enjoying it, despite the above. The inclusion of the older bikes is welcome and the new fantasy Irish tracks are beautifully designed and realised, full of fast long sweeping down hill and up hill bends.

That's something that I think the original got right.....I mean the original on the PS2. It (my memory could be being generous here) seemed to really replicate the gyroscopic forces on the steering when you really hit top speeds, and you could feel the bike wanting to tank slap at times. It felt really good, and the bikes had a weighty feel.

Maybe rose-tinted glasses speaking, but I wanted a sequel for so long that it must have done something right.
You mean tourist trophy from GT devs PD? not tt isle of man i guess.
Lots people praise it, too bad i missed out on it.

I really liked the first game although I shared the misgivings about the quality of the handling. Something not as natural about it as in Ride 2 or 3.
So I got the second game. I have to say I was a bit disappointed that the handling didn't seem to have improved that much. I can't put my finger on it but it still feels a bit odd, and there is a tendency to oversteer. Also the animation of the bike's movement (third person perspective) seems incongruent. The rear wheel moves a bit too dramatically from side to side when you turn the bike, as if the bike is turning on an invisible axis, rather than responding to real life two-wheeled physics.

However I am enjoying it, despite the above. The inclusion of the older bikes is welcome and the new fantasy Irish tracks are beautifully designed and realised, full of fast long sweeping down hill and up hill bends.

Yeah the tracks look fast and cool.
I didn't know it had older bikes.

You mean tourist trophy from GT devs PD? not tt isle of man i guess.
Lots people praise it, too bad i missed out on it.
Most likley means this one..

s-l640.jpg

...which I remember as being rather good.

So what`s the verdict guys, if anybody has it, if we have the first one is it worth getting?

I downloaded and played it for about an hour or two Friday night... I like it so far. Mostly did the Free Roam around Ireland and did a couple races on tracks I know, and a couple of TT's.

The game looks really good, but then again the first looked really good. The helmet cam is really good and probably the best way to play the game. It definitely handles a bit better, whereas the rear of the bike seems a bit more "hooked up" - and if you played the first one, you know what I mean. :) The 3rd-person view is a bit odd, like in the first one, where in the camera swings ever so slightly from side to side as you lean to make your turns. I got used to it (and the helmet cam) pretty quick - but having played so much Ride 3 and MotoGP 19, it's just different.

Haven't started my "Career" in it yet but will probably do that at some point today. :D And honestly, if you liked the first one you'll prob like this one, not sure, yet, if it warrants the purchase - it does seem to handle better, and another thing is you can actually touch the other riders and it's not an "instant" crash. That was one thing I hated about the first one, they seemed to have fixed that.

I like and get all these bike games, no matter how good or bad...:rolleyes: So take my input with a grain a salt. 👍

Also the animation of the bike's movement (third person perspective) seems incongruent. The rear wheel moves a bit too dramatically from side to side when you turn the bike, as if the bike is turning on an invisible axis, rather than responding to real life two-wheeled physics.

The 3rd-person view is a bit odd, like in the first one, where in the camera swings ever so slightly from side to side as you lean to make your turns.
Have both of you turned off dynamic camera/view?

So what`s the verdict guys, if anybody has it, if we have the first one is it worth getting?
Well there's five extra classic bikes which all have distinctive qualities, and are fun to ride. There are eight extra tracks - two quite short ones, five medium length ( between about 5 and 7 miles long) and one long track of 14 miles long. These are all set in a fantasy Irish setting which also serves as a free ride mode.

The longer tracks are quite exhilarating to ride on. Also I don't seem to fall off unexpectedly as I did in the first game.

So if you enjoyed the first I'd go ahead and get the second.

The YouTube video from a channel called Sim UK has erred me toward caution again at the moment. Talk of no practise or qualifying sessions, of broken - or at least fussy - multiplayer lobbies have all had me questioning whether the devs will adopt a better approach than they did with the first game and fix all that stuff. He has other issues with it too. All relatively minor, but things that really should be there, especially considering this is a sequel.

The YouTube video from a channel called Sim UK has erred me toward caution again at the moment. Talk of no practise or qualifying sessions, of broken - or at least fussy - multiplayer lobbies have all had me questioning whether the devs will adopt a better approach than they did with the first game and fix all that stuff. He has other issues with it too. All relatively minor, but things that really should be there, especially considering this is a sequel.
Maybe they have too much on their plate with that open map driving game and wrc sequel on the way. And cut short the completion of this one.

I've now spent some time playing it and my initial impression of the game is slightly mixed, much thanks to the career mode.

First of all, I'd suggest to set both the sensitivity and deadzone under 'Steer left' and 'Steer right' to 0 and leave the saturation at 100. For me personally, that alone made a massive difference and instantly got rid of the ''input lag'' that I've seen people bring up on Youtube as well on Facebook. The default controller settings are absolutely dreadful. With that said, the physics overall are now tenfold better and far more enjoyable than in the first game.

I dived into the career mode and first impressions after playing the first half of the first season is that it feels very hollow in general. The lack of practice/qualifying session before the races is a major omission. Also, the lack of customization options for your bike and rider is a missed opportunity and the over use of the Ireland map and its various track layouts has so far made for a bland experience. I'll give the career mode some more time though - perhaps it'll eventually grow on me.

However, if I see past the above, it's - all in all - an enjoyable game.

Last edited:
Seems to have died down here. It looks fun for sure on long fast tracks,more in 3rd person for me this one.
Maybe a bargain bin buy to have fun. Doesn't seem to the level of wrc8 from comments here on both.

I would've been far more active if the career mode grew on me but that hasn't been the case. In the end, I found to be dull as hell and a major chore, so I just dropped the game and never went back. Not to mention that you'll have to go through the career mode for each bike to fully upgrade it in order to be competitive on the leaderboards.

It looked good on paper but its execution is terrible in my opinion.

This is currently £30 on the PS store so I bought it a couple of days ago. I'm still getting used to it and might need to change the sensitivity a little more- why the default setting was the lowest is beyond me- but it's not bad. I like having tyre and brake temperatures on screen and I think I can feel a difference.

I think the way the bike reacts can be a little random; sometimes the front wheel comes all the way over out of a corner yet you can't pull a wheelie if you try.

There's also a serious lack of content, no superstock, lightweight, electric bikes or sidecars. There are replays but you can't view from other people's perspective, no photo mode and you can't save the replays.

There's a couple of simpler things that really annoy me too. No bike setup, the track map in Ireland doesn't show which variation you're currently racing on and my goodness me the load times.

Anybody got any further thoughts on this? Have any updates been implemented? It's on sale on the Xbox at the moment and I'd be tempted if they have actually pulled their finger out, unlike the first game where they seem to forget it existed. Cheers

Back