TT within GTHD??

• Thread starter Hapul
  • 12 comments
As the intro screen states, this is the GT:HD from E3, which is not the same as the GT:HD we will get. I doubt there will be bikes in the GT:HD we will be able to buy, but technically it shouldn't be a problem, so the possiblity is there.

Regards
the Interceptor

Racing motorcycles would be unfair mixed with cars, because acceleration on a cycle is faster than a car. I believe on all the screens of the real GT HD we've seen so far only have cars on them, but Kaz and the lads could surprise us. Still, bikes would only work in bike-only races.

As for cars in a race, they are intending to have up to 20 cars in online road races, 8 in rally, and the same offline. If they had 12 road and 6 rally, that would be good enough for me. That's what they had running in the E3 demo.

Racing motorcycles would be unfair mixed with cars, because acceleration on a cycle is faster than a car.
A bit too general, but mostly true. However, in terms of laptimes, fast cars can be up to bikes. I'd actually find this very interesting.

Regards
the Interceptor

Pro's and cons, bikes are generally faster in acceleration, cars tend to offer higher top speeds as you go up the performance levels and cars corner faster tha a bike. A track with flowing corners that don't erquire the bike to slow down much for them but with no straights long enough for a car to get into it's stride would be well in a bikes favour. I am very much against the idea of cars and bikes racing together in Gran Turismo.

I am very much against the idea of cars and bikes racing together in Gran Turismo.
Why's that? As an option, I'd very much like it.

And to get some science in: I'm doing a huge excel sheet with data and laptimes of various cars from GT4. As a test track, I use the Midfield raceway. For comparison, I did a laptime with a Honda CBR 600 RR in Tourist Trophy on the same course:

Honda CBR 600 RR: 1:18,276

TVR Cerbera Speed 6: 1:19,205
Honda NSX Type-R '02: 1:19,153
Aston Martin DB9: 1:19,036
BMW M3 CSL: 1:18,875
BMW M3 GTR: 1:18,857
AC Cars 427 S/C: 1:18,175
Mercedes Benz SL 55 AMG: 1:17,231

(these are no perfect "database" laptimes, just average laps)

As you can see, the bunch of fairly fast normal cars (not even supercars) is as quick as the bike. Personally, I'd love to race a bike with a car.

Regards
the Interceptor

Why's that? As an option, I'd very much like it.

As you can see, the bunch of fairly fast normal cars (not even supercars) is as quick as the bike. Personally, I'd love to race a bike with a car.

Regards
the Interceptor
I'm very much into immersion in games, and to be racing cars and bikes totally kills the immersion imo. Secondly I'd hate to see GT end up with two comprmised models ie a sub apr bike modela dn sub par car model as opposed to them jsut creating as good a car model as they can. By model I'm referring to the physics models not the polygon models. If PD could in some way include bikes without compromising any of the car elements, and not have them racing together in the GT mode I would not be against an option somewhere to allow you to race them both. I wouldn't use it but that option being there wouldn't bother me. However for PD to include bikes it will require focus to be taken off the cars there has to be a tradeoff somewhere and I'm not a bike person at all. I would much rather one extra car in the game than one extra bike, I would much rather one extra car than two extra bikes.

Othe rthan that I can't see bikes appearing in Gran Turismo, what I can see though is PD making a Tourist trophy 2 and making the content in TT2 compatible with GT5. By including both in one package PD are in effect killing a potential franchise before just after it's born with regards to Tourist trophy.

If PD could in some way include bikes without compromising any of the car elements, and not have them racing together in the GT mode I would not be against an option somewhere to allow you to race them both.
That's the idea. If they'd drop game quality or the number of cars included in exchange for having some bikes, I'd also rather do without. If they had the opportunity because they have TT2 ready, I wouldn't mind.

I also think the idea would be interesting, just as long as most of the races are specifically for cars....I wouldn't want to race against bikes all of the time.

This sounds interesting, but bikes are always at a disadvantage in races against comparable cars. Bikes can't turn corners with as much velocity, and the margin for error with a bike is much slimmer than with a car.

Back