TTWRS Week 4: A Thousand Choices

• Thread starter Iceman
  • 53 comments
I use pro mode most of the time. Occassionally I get faster times in standard mode though. This week is all about standard mode for me, although I haven't given a real attempt at pro in this race yet. Iceman should take a poll..

hucker696
I want to run this olr I sent in my Qualifier time but I'm not on the division board yet.

You might not get added until the results come out. ICEman's still settling in at the moment but I'm sure he'll get on it as soon as possible. Keep racing and posting your split times up anyway. Oh, and welcome to the TT WRS. 👍

Not had chance to run this weeks one yet, been enjoying the GT4 WRS so much I've not put much effort into this one yet. :embarrassed: Still, at least the weekends here now. :)

Nice pic Jake. 👍

I wonder if the race bike / race suit combos you get when you win a wreath race are any faster than their siblings? Those would probably qualify for this race I would assume?

the suzuka 8 hour bikes? they should be at least a few seconds faster than the plain rm's.

are the black bricks that occasionally line the track instead of curbing legal? or do ive to throw away my first 1.09? :(

I'm not sure what you mean by black bricks but if they line the edge of the track they would be legal.

Also, is there any way to know what cc the 8hr bikes are? I intended this to be limited to the 1000 class RM bikes and not the 8hr bikes.

ill get a picture, but, theyre along the edge of the track towards the end of the lap.

the 8 hour bikes have the same cc as the road/rm bikes since they arent allowed to adjust the displacement of the engine.

Ok, I'll keep that in mind for future races. For now let's stick with the bike list in post 2.

IŒman
Ok, I'll keep that in mind for future races. For now let's stick with the bike list in post 2.

Just read the above conversation, so thanks for addressing it. I took one of the combo bikes out to see if I could beat my R1 ghost. I just couldn't do it. So in my opinion I believe that those 8 hour bikes are the same as the "standard" RM bikes. I agree, that adding these to this particular race is a bad idea. For all I know there could be some sort of difference I have yet to discover... Iceman. I think your spot on with this... 👍

with the ysp & presto it only took 5 laps to do the same time as the r1 rm. the ysp & presto has better handling, but, the brakes are only mildly better and the powerband is narrorer. if you can keep the engine in its narrow power band it can keep up with the cbr1000rrw (which is supposedly thought to be the fastest bike in the game)

hi all :) my best t2 now stands at 1:08.442, and i had a reasonable gain on my final laptime too

999rmelcap.jpg

pic shows me heading up the hill towards the crest after t1 (30.614)

Time in, just B4 deadline.

Looking forward to a less mountainous track.

Neil

Back