Tuned your wheel ? Fantec DD

How is your Fanatec DD configured ?

• Total voters
United Kingdom
UK
Phantom__Mark
Wondering, how many people here have tuned their wheel settings? or maybe you just use your wheel with the out the box with default settings ?

I am a long time PC Sim Racer, so very used to getting my hands dirty to find the best possible settings for "ME", so mine is very much personalised.

I notice a some negative comments about the FFB in GT7, personally I don't find it the best, but it delivers more than enough of the important things to have a reasonable experience, but then I wonder if that is because I have properly setup my wheel for "ME" , I never tried stock settings.

Are people who just race console just using near stock OEM settings? and people who race PC and Console probably using tuned settings on their wheels ?

When I first got mine I used Fanatecs recommended settings which I thought were ok. After recently getting into ACC I realised how lacking the FFB in GT7 is and how bad the recommended settings were. I started from scratch and changed everything, now I'm happier but PD could have made it so much better.

Yeah, I am using my wheel as I had it configured for ACC as well tbh, The only changes I made in GT7 so far is to use 540 rotation on most cars as well, I have only noticed a couple of cars which feel strange driven like that, and had to reduce to 360 for those.

I have also found the ingame controller values massively important, as it saturates the FFB stream if you have it setup badly, then you lose things like curb vibrations etc (on the curbs that have it)

Just got my dd pro set up last week and used your settings in both games ACC felt amazing; however GT7 felt awful! I must have something in game set wrong, but not sure what
TBH the FFB and detail in ACC is superior in every way, GT7 has always felt poor in comparison with whatever wheel settings I've tried. Give the ones linked on the post above a try and see if it's any better. Also there's a debate over whether the controller steering sensitivity setting in game has any effect for wheel users but I think it does, I have that set to 5.

Last edited:
TBH the FFB and detail in ACC is superior in every way, GT7 has always felt poor in comparison with whatever wheel settings I've tried. Give the ones linked on the post above a try and see if it's any better. Also there's a debate over whether the controller steering sensitivity setting in game has any effect for wheel users but I think it does, I have that set to 5.
It has to be controller sensitivity or something because it’s almost undrivable… I’m even fighting the car on straits

It has to be controller sensitivity or something because it’s almost undrivable… I’m even fighting the car on straits
The wheel is oscillating? I don't suffer with that, what car were you using? One thing I noticed yesterday while playing was it felt like I was having to turn the wheel a lot more than usual. I was driving the Vantage GT3, so I changed from SEN AUTO to 640 (same setting I use for it in ACC) and it was much better.
Strangely massive oscillation occurred in ACC the other day while using AUTO, I changed that to match the in game steer lock setting and it stopped.

Last edited:
Tbh I don’t remember, wheel arrived Friday before last and by the time I got everything attached to my stand and all that I got to play maybe an hour then I was out of town last week. First wheel, but it felt like it was shaking. Throttle also felt bad. Had the pedal pushed maybe 20% and it was showing full power in the car, but in the menu it was reading the pedal perfectly.

Last edited:
I’ve set specific setups for each game, as each game use different approaches for FFB using the Fanatec SDK. I’m pretty happy w my setups for GT7 and ACC. F1 less so. Usually I tweak these by keeping the wheel tuning menu open while driving, and then varying just one parameter using the funky switch to see how it behaves.

BTW pretty sure ACC does not use Auto to set steering angle. I beleive Auto keeps the last setting made by a game when not changed in another game, so you need to specifically set it

For GT7, I’ve always ran every Fanatec wheel base I’ve ever had on Auto for rotation. On a DD pro, I actually found that the GTS recommended settings offered more detail. I would usually crank the FOR setting to 120 though, and come down on the damping for more feel. IG was 5-1 for race cars, 6-1 for road cars.

Since upgrading again to a DD1, I fiddle even more now, and even have different profiles for Gr.2 and faster, Gr.3-Gr.4, and road cars. And a separate profile for my beloved GR.3 458

Back