Tuners looking for test-drivers

• Thread starter APTmax
  • 30 comments
United States
United States
rio1996
Hey guys i'm a fairly novice tuner and i'm looking for a test driver to give the cars a spin and report back on what needs fixed, i will soon be competing in FITT races and it would help a lot if i had somebody to bounce the tunes off of.

Hey guys i'm a fairly novice tuner and i'm looking for a test driver to give the cars a spin and report back on what needs fixed, i will soon be competing in FITT races and it would help a lot if i had somebody to bounce the tunes off of.
I can help you out tomorrow, because i am working on a very sick build. Add me on PSN. I will send you a message when i'm ready ;)

I'll help out. I'm on full disability so I have all the time in the world and absolutely no tuning knowledge. I bought 7 million credits and when upgrading my cars I'm not even adding the LSD cuz I don't know how to set it and it makes the car even harder to control when it's not set correctly. So I'm dying to get some tunes and if test driving gets me access to tunes more quickly I'll happily take part. PSN screen name is the same as here. Thanks!

I'll help out. I'm on full disability so I have all the time in the world and absolutely no tuning knowledge. I bought 7 million credits and when upgrading my cars I'm not even adding the LSD cuz I don't know how to set it and it makes the car even harder to control when it's not set correctly. So I'm dying to get some tunes and if test driving gets me access to tunes more quickly I'll happily take part. PSN screen name is the same as here. Thanks!
are you a decent driver? cause i need real feedback for these to work properly

Yea, I'm decent. I use a G27 wheel and got to level 40 in GT5 in roughly 3 months time. However, I do use SRF, ASM, Active Steering but no traction control and ABS set to 1. I don't necessarily have to se the aids but I got used to them in GT5 so I've continued to use it in GT6.

Also as I mentioned, I've already bought the 7 million credits and will buy more if I need more money to buy the right car. It could be helpful in testing tunes.

so ye
Yea, I'm decent. I use a G27 wheel and got to level 40 in GT5 in roughly 3 months time. However, I do use SRF, ASM, Active Steering but no traction control and ABS set to 1. I don't necessarily have to se the aids but I got used to them in GT5 so I've continued to use it in GT6.

Also as I mentioned, I've already bought the 7 million credits and will buy more if I need more money to buy the right car. It could be helpful in testing tunes.
so yeah your a good driver lol, alright typically i tune with nothing but 1 abs cause it helps you feel the flaws witht the car so if im tuning for competition thats how you should test but im not sure it will make too much of a difference if you use aids, hopefully though ill get the tune down well enough you dont need them

Ok cool. I got your friend request so hit me up anytime.

And just to be 100% honest, yea I'm a decent driver buy I'm definitely not great. As I mentioned I used the aids, and although I got to level 40 pretty fast in GT5, I had lots of help. Most of the folks here had already gotten to the point where they had tons of cars and money, so they would share or even gift cars to help me win the seasonals. When I wasn't borrowing cars, I would buy them and use tunes from Praiano, Hami, and some of the other master tuners on GTPlanet. So I didn't have to work my way up like most people, and as a result I didn't get as much experience and expertise as most of the level 40 drivers. In a nutshell, I'd guess that I'm in the bottom 10% of level 40 drivers based on the few times I raced against real people rather than the computer.

So if you find a better test driver I certainly wouldn't be offended, but I'd be happy to help out if you or any of the other tuners need it. Thanks!

@chrisdittmer Can you do the same for me, great drivers can usually drive most things fast, I'm looking for feedback from your average kind of driver, want the cars to feel easy to drive in those kind of hands

@chrisdittmer Can you do the same for me, great drivers can usually drive most things fast, I'm looking for feedback from your average kind of driver, want the cars to feel easy to drive in those kind of hands

Sure Bee. I'm cool with test driving for you as well. Especially if you were thinking about tuning some of the 24 cars that came with GT6 and or purchased cars that can used to win some of the medium to hard GT6 races. That would be kind of killing two birds with one stone ya now. Feel free to send FR to my PSN screen name chrisdittmer (same as here). Ttyl bro.

Hi. I can try to help you out. I am a pretty good driver. I finished about #160 on GT academy last year. I dont use any aides except abs 1. I have some time available right now so it would work for me. Let me know what you need me to do.

Hi. I can try to help you out. I am a pretty good driver. I finished about #160 on GT academy last year. I dont use any aides except abs 1. I have some time available right now so it would work for me. Let me know what you need me to do.
go ahead and add me on psn, ill let you know when i finish my tune and shoot it over to you

Just give me a day or two, I am having some new doors put in my house and its a huge mess in my gaming room. Also let me know what track you have the car setup for.

I'd also be willing to test for you. I'm new to how all the network/online/friend/gifting stuff works, etc. but, I'd like to learn & help!

I posted eight tunes this morning in Motor City Tunes. Feel free to test and provide honest feedback. I am the first to admit that I am still learning the GT6 physics. I think these first tunes are good, but there may still be some speed left to find. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-2#post-9100764

The type of information that really helps me to diagnose handling issues is this:

A. Oversteer or Understeer
B. Where
C. Type of controller you use, any controller mods and what driving aids were used.

Describe things like this:
- Under braking the car is unstable and tries to over rotate
- At turn in, the car understeers (or oversteers)
- Mid-corner the car...
- From on throttle to corner exit the car...

I posted eight tunes this morning in Motor City Tunes. Feel free to test and provide honest feedback. I am the first to admit that I am still learning the GT6 physics. I think these first tunes are good, but there may still be some speed left to find. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-2#post-9100764

The type of information that really helps me to diagnose handling issues is this:

B. Where
C. Type of controller you use, any controller mods and what driving aids were used.

- Mid-corner the car...

MCH- I will give some of your tunes a try and give some feedback. I was first going to start with the Mustang Boss, I noticed that there was no track listed that you tuned it for. Can you give us the tracks that you have it tuned for? I believe each track has its own setup. Thanks

MCH- I will give some of your tunes a try and give some feedback. I was first going to start with the Mustang Boss, I noticed that there was no track listed that you tuned it for. Can you give us the tracks that you have it tuned for? I believe each track has its own setup. Thanks

I tune the Mustang across many tracks. Deep Forest, Silverstone, Matterhorn, Willow Springs, Mount Panorama, Apricot Hill. I used the Boss 302 for most of the 500PP and above races in the first three licence sections.

I'm a gt500 and a GT3 racer. I got 41st in the last time trial on GT5 only 9tenths off of IMMORTALPILOT. So if you need any help with "race cars" add me. I use no assists and sometimes with no abs as well.

I'm a gt500 and a GT3 racer. I got 41st in the last time trial on GT5 only 9tenths off of IMMORTALPILOT. So if you need any help with "race cars" add me. I use no assists and sometimes with no abs as well.

I just tuned the Takata Dome '03. Feel free to test and provide honest feedback, positive or negative. It will help me to learn what other drivers feel.

I tune the Mustang across many tracks. Deep Forest, Silverstone, Matterhorn, Willow Springs, Mount Panorama, Apricot Hill. I used the Boss 302 for most of the 500PP and above races in the first three licence sections.

Hi Hami,

I haven't really needed tunes to this point but I just got to the 2nd set of International Races where it will likely be tougher to win with stock tunes. So I will happily try out your tunes whenever they are a good fit for a race and will send you a private message with my feedback. I had lots of success with your GT5 tunes, so I look forward to trying some of your GT6 tunes. Happy Holidays!

Ok- Ive put some laps in with the Boss 302 using Sport Hard tires, Using the stock G27 and no aids except abs1. I drove on Deep Forest, Silverstone and Apricot Hill. The gearing feels good on all of those tracks. Corner entry is predictable and stable- although I like a very positive front end, meaning I like it be reactive and responsive. The brake bias although being 4/4 seemed too much front biased and I could not trail brake that deep with it- so I tried 4/5 and it helped, could possibly use 4/6.

Mid corner area is where I felt the setup needed more help (medium speed corners). I notice quite an understeer in that area. From entering midcorner apex to getting back to throttle the car doesnt rotate that well and creates understeer. I played alittle with the setup and stiffened the rear springs to 8.0 and this helped but still seems to be missing something to help the mid corner. Next I softened the front spring compression to 3 and that helped with my turn in and also the balance some.

Corner exit appears to be good at the very end of the corner but leading up to that point from mid corner to almost the very end of exit has the understeer problem.

Hope this helps some. See if anyone else can confirm or disagree with my findings on the car. Keep in mind I am a karter but have experience with cars also. If you try a different setup on this car please let me know. Thanks.

Ok- Ive put some laps in with the Boss 302 using Sport Hard tires, Using the stock G27 and no aids except abs1. I drove on Deep Forest, Silverstone and Apricot Hill. The gearing feels good on all of those tracks. Corner entry is predictable and stable- although I like a very positive front end, meaning I like it be reactive and responsive. The brake bias although being 4/4 seemed too much front biased and I could not trail brake that deep with it- so I tried 4/5 and it helped, could possibly use 4/6.

Mid corner area is where I felt the setup needed more help (medium speed corners). I notice quite an understeer in that area. From entering midcorner apex to getting back to throttle the car doesnt rotate that well and creates understeer. I played alittle with the setup and stiffened the rear springs to 8.0 and this helped but still seems to be missing something to help the mid corner. Next I softened the front spring compression to 3 and that helped with my turn in and also the balance some.

Corner exit appears to be good at the very end of the corner but leading up to that point from mid corner to almost the very end of exit has the understeer problem.

Hope this helps some. See if anyone else can confirm or disagree with my findings on the car. Keep in mind I am a karter but have experience with cars also. If you try a different setup on this car please let me know. Thanks.

Hey GMRaces. I noticed you said you are a Kart driver. I can't stand Karts...probably cuz I can't drive them at all. Did you make any tranny changes to the 3rd Kart Race in the International A races? I can't get gold on that 3rd race so any help would be appreciated. I have no idea how I'm gonna finish the next Kart races. Maybe hire you to come over and win them for me:). Thanks in advance!

Thank you for the feedback. Next time I pull the BOSS out of the garage I will look closely at mid corner. Maybe even take it to some tracks with more sweeping medium speed corners. Thanks again for taking it for a drive.

B. Where

- Mid-corner the car...

Hami, I always enjoyed your tunes in GT5 so I'm more than happy to check out what you've done in GT6. I'm out-of-town at the moment, but I'll be home and may have some time this weekend to try these out; if not, I should definitely have some time next week.

If you can get some of these cars and their "New improved" physics to turn in without swapping ends or turning on the computerised driving nanny to keep from completely losing control the second a tire steps off the road, I'd be thrilled to help

If you guys need another driver for testing hit me up,

I am very consistant driver usually able to stay within .500 sec of my fastest times, I'm not a tuner (more a dabbler) but can usually figure out what where the car can be improved, (gear ratios, brack setup, corner speed etc)

I drive using only abs 1,

Happy to help out and provide feedback, just add me up

Lordnem

Latest Posts

Back