Tuning for easier braking with Sports Soft tires?

GTnForza4ever

(Banned)
Canada
Location? My Bedroom.
Hi there, is there a method of tuning that can help with braking with full ABS and Sports:Soft tires, please anyone? I'm having a terrible time braking properly and some ideas would really open a lot of events for me in the GT League if I knew some general idea of how to tune for braking. Thanks so much in advance!

What is the car doing in your braking zone? Is it squirrely to where any slight wheel movement and you feel like you'll lose control of the car? Or is it more like a cat on a slick surface where she freezes up and slides forward 'on all fours' so to speak?

Jerome

What is the car doing in your braking zone? Is it squirrely to where any slight wheel movement and you feel like you'll lose control of the car? Or is it more like a cat on a slick surface where she freezes up and slides forward 'on all fours' so to speak?

Jerome

Nah. Just over-running corners. I tend to use very stiff settings. Apologies for not writing enough info, was kinda groggy.

EDIT: More info, I use Full ABS, TCS 2 to 4, ASM and strong counter-steer assist. I tend to lower the springs a bit, put maximum anti-roll bars, maximum natural frequency all the time, dampers are very high, I put the camber for the biggest stability I can get, Toe to the right all the way for the rear and somewhat to the right for the front and I go with high max speed and when downforce is there, I put it for mobility. Also, I'm very harsh on the brakes. This and I tune my cars for somewhat high horsepower (Not all the way though.) and the lightest weight possible.

Last edited:
@GTnForza4ever setting everything to the absolute harshest like that is 95% the problem.... The other 5% would be how and when your breaking as a guess without any video to verify my opinions. The object of racing, or driving in general, is to achieve maximum grip at the maximum limit at all times. By literally choking off any movement of the "opposing" forces that create friction "traction" from the tires creating wheel slip, the enemy of speed. GT Sport is all about creating faster exit speed to win races, not faster corner entry. Search Google for any of the thousands of sites explaining grip as they will explain much better than I could in a short post. Rapid racer, safeisfast, driver61 and many others have great articles on this. Lastly it's very important to understand that mashing the brakes to the floor is the worst possible way to stop. The site's I listed also have great articles on this subject I recommend reading. I will link some great articles to check out next time I'm at my computer. Hope this helps

Latest Posts

Back