• 28 comments

DK

No-one's having an A1 day
Premium
Ireland
Ireland
driftking18594
CiaranGTR94
Is it pointless to set up a tuning shop in the GT3 forums? I have had the idea of putting up a tuning shop, but unfortunately the lack of people who go to the GT3 forums is discouraging. Should I set up one?

Guess it's worth a try. Real estate is going for super-cheap here in GT3, and look at it this way..you certainly haven't got any competition. :lol: I say go for it. :)

EDIT: I have come up with a name! I got the inspiration from Star Wars, but I don't know why...

Well, then, without further adieu I give you: Dark Side Tuning!

Tunes:
[URL="https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3469890&postcount=6)]Spoon Civic Type R(ally)[/URL]
[URL="https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3470293&postcount=9)]Psycho GT-R[/URL]
[URL="http:/www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3473743&postcount=11)]Supra R1055-S[/URL]
[URL="http:/www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3474220&postcount=13)]Clio Rallye (Clio Race Car)[/URL]
[URL="https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3477787&postcount=14)]L-Plate Drifter[/URL]

Last edited:
Cool. You're forging new territory, driftking. Perhaps someone else will come along, then someone else, and next thing you know GT3 is revived. :)

Tune 1: Spoon Civic Type R(ally), 362hp, 242Nm
Despite the best efforts of some members, in Ireland Honda Civics have a bad reputation. Sure, they're reliable, but your average Irish Honda Civic driver would probably have a dozen ASBOs (yes, Michael McDowell introduced them to here) to his name. So, we decided to take it rallying (besides, as much as I hate front-wheel drive, FWDs don't spin out).

Parts to buy:
Dirt Tires (well duh, this is a rally car)
Sports brakes
Brake balance controller (Front: 1, Rear: 24)
Racing muffler
Racing chip
Stage 2 NA tuning
Full racing transmission (autoset 25)
Triple Clutch
Racing flywheel
Full custom LSD (10/40/20)
Port polish
Full custom suspension

Suspension settings:
Spring rate: 4.0kgf.m/20.0kgf.m
Height: 82mm
Dampers: Bound 10/10, Rebound 10/10
Camber: 6/3.5
Toe: -2/2
Stabilisers: 7/7

If you feel like this needs more oversteer, feel free to add a bit more camber.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering - how do you get links to tunes? In other tune shops, you don't get links just saying ''https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=000001" or whatever. How do you make a link that doesn't show the URL address?

Tune 2 - Psycho GT-R, 1056hp, 1264Nm
A 1056hp drift car? Only a true master of driving can drive this. If you give it too much throttle in a corner, this will try and kill you (if it were possible).

EDIT:

We were given a challenge by a mysterious man dressed in white overalls and a white helmet. The car was of course...Godzilla! After what some may say foolishly replacing the ATTESA-ETS system, we pushed it too far, and our test driver crapped himself. So, the mysterious man gave it a go, telling us more torque needed to go to the front. We hit the sweet spot at 30%. Now, will this turn you into the mysterious man's successor, or will you forever babble away in a strange language in a padded cell where, in this weird language, "taw" means "yes" and "neel" means "no".

Buy:
VCD controlller (30% front distribution)
Full custom LSD (Initial 5/60, Acceleration 5/60, Deceleration 5/60)
Sports brakes
Brake balance controller (Front 1, Rear 24)
Full custom transmission (Autoset 36)
Racing muffler
Racing chip
Racing flywheel
Triple clutch
Racing Medium tires
Full custom suspension (spring rate 7.2kgf.m/9kgf.m, height 86mm, damper bound 8/8, rebound 8/8, camber angle 4/3, toe 0/0, stabilisers 7/7)
Port polish
Full engine balancing
Displacement increase

Last edited:
Hmm... A Spoon Civic Rallye. I'll bite.

EDIT: wait, what? I just looked at the actual settings. That's not a rally setup at all.

Last edited:
Tune 3: Supra R1055-S, 1055hp, 1490Nm

FOR HIGH SPEED ATTEMPTS ONLY!

Driver aids (you'll need them, I tried this without aids and it kept spinning out): TCS 4, ASM 8
Full custom LSD (10/60/20)
Full custom transmission (Auto 42)
Sports brakes
Brake balance controller (11/11)
Stage 4 turbo
Racing muffler
Racing chip
Racing intercooler
Racing flywheel
Carbon driveshaft
Triple clutch
Super-soft tires
Lightweight stage 3
Port polish
Full-engine balancing
Full custom suspension

Suspension Settings:
Spring rate: 9.5kgf.m/8kgf.m
Height: 86mm
Damper bound: 8/8
Damper rebound: 8/8
Camber: 4/1
Toe: 0/0
Stabilisers: 4/4

Tune 4: Clio Rallye, 344hp, 345Nm
Full custom LSD
Full custom transmission (Autoset 26)
Sports brakes
Brake balance controller (9/9)
Stage 1 Turbo
Full custom suspension
Rally tires

Aero settings: 0.29/0.91

Suspension settings
Springs: 8/6.5
Height: 100mm
Damper bound: 7/7
Damper rebound: 7/7
Camber: 2/1
Stabilisers: 3/3

We were asked to transform a Clio Race Car into a real rally racer. It's very good when you respect it, but it will kick your arse sideways if you don't...literally.

Last edited:
Tune 5: L-Plate Drifter (AE86 Corolla), 240hp, 264Nm
Full custom LSD (10/40/20)
Full custom transmission (Autoset 26)
Sports brakes
Brake balance controller (1/24)
Stage 2 NA Tuning
Full custom suspension
Racing chip
Racing flywheel
Triple clutch
Lightweight Stage 3
Carbon driveshaft
Port polish
Racing muffler

Suspension settings
Springs: 7/19
Height: 99mm
Damper bound: 6/6
Damper rebound: 10/10
Camber: 5/4
Stabilisers: 7/7

We were asked to provide an affordable drift car, and we delivered. This is for people who've just gotten their licenses, and can't afford a Silvia, a FC3S or FD3S RX-7, a Supra or a GTS-t Skyline. Enjoy driving it, like I enjoyed tuning and testing it.

Wow, what?

Of your two rally setups for Spoon and Clio, the one for the significantly heavier car has much looser

I just noticed I misread your Spoon Rallye setup as having 20kg springs front and rear. I now see what you're trying to do, have the rear slip while the front actually has quite low rates so it follows the road.

Sorry if I offended you earlier, I misread it and figured it so bad I didn't need to explain myself. Didn't mean to offend, and I'm now again quite interested in the garage. I may give, well, nearly all of your tunes a spin; You basically suit my tastes quite well, having already published two rallyists and a drifter. See you soon?

No, he edited.

I remember seeing something to the effect of 20kg front and rear as well when you originally made the "wait what?" edit.

Oh, cool. I'm not insane then.

Is there a way to 'clone' a car? I want multiple Spoon Civics. Wouldn't you?

hmmm. pointless but clever side effect. Also, that means you can't redeem a modded car. Lucky I haven't yet touched the Spoon.

What I have touched is your drift Trueno.

That sounded gross.

Anyway, I am fairly impressed by the Sprinter. For a barely-200hp car on, for some reason, not-simulation tyres, it is amazing. Breaking loose is quite easy but never sudden, and the drift tends to carry through the entire corner. It feels a bit too delicate, probably because of the high-grip tyres and low power, so it's difficult to carry through, for instance, the sweeper in Midfield, unless you drive it just right. So the driving dynamics are actually pretty impressive; what annoys me are the things that, annoyingly, don't really matter. The order in which you list the 'parts to buy' seems perfectly engineered to annoy me, and this is not, by any means, a budget setup. The stock transmission is totally fine, and there's no reason for an aftermarket one, especially with such a lazy setting as yours. And, while I can't remove the weight reductions, I don't really feel that it was necesary to fit the $20k diet 3 in the first place. And finally, the part that really confounds me: Why didn't you use sim tyres? That would've made the hopeless power seem enough, and would not have forced such over-the-top camber settings. Despite its shortcomings, though, I will admit that this is a perfectly good setup.

About that format thing, do you own GT4? If so, try out a setup from Mad Finn Tuners. It's not about the driving dynamics as much as the format of the post. There's no need at all for images, or even specs, but notice how the parts are listed in the order they show up as in-game, so it flows naturally from computer to Playstation. And then, the settings are listed seperately, after the purchases, so they're easy to find at a glance, and are again in the order you encounter things mid-game. Not to mention, their choice of font kicks ass. ;) Having become accustomed to that, anything else is downright frustrating. I chose arguably their best tune, just for fun, and since you have an equivalent car. Also there's a pretty sweet pun in its name.

Thats going to be one non responsive drift car there, i can't comment on any of the other settings but drifting is what i know in GT3.

Haha, yeah. It will prob have more when he argues with me about the settings :)

Hey, well I'm glad you made a tuning section for GT3. I have all the GTs, including GT5p, and I'm playing GT3 for the first time. haha I've had it for a while, just never cracked it open. I would say it was the last one that focused more on the FUN of driving, before GT4, which is my personal fave, and GT5 began getting more technical. Too bad you can't tune your cars in GT5p the way you could in previous titles. Anyways, keep it up!

Well, I was an idiot one day and didn't save the default settings for my Escudo when I was trying to wheelie it like an idiot. So I forgot the default settings for it and I want them back so I can use them in case I screw the car up again...

Anybody know them?

Back