Tuning to reduce lift-off oversteer

• Thread starter peterjford
  • 100 comments
Body roll (what you see) is simply a visual sign of load transfer having occurred, how much body roll you see does not change the amount of load transferred at all.

You could replace all the springs in a car with solid metal bars, all other things being equal you would still get the same amount of load transfer occurring.

Same point I was trying to make in this post which I think started it all

Unfortunately, it works in the complete opposite way. The same amount of weight is shifted to the front no matter what your suspension settings are. So once you get that concept down, do this experiment: take a spring and drive it into the palm of you hand without piercing it. After you done that, take a solid stick with dimensions similar to the spring and drive that into your hand with the same amount of force. Which hurts more? Now apply this newly learned knowledge in car tuning :)

If I download a 50kb file and it takes 1 second to finish the download. Then I download a 100kb file and it also takes 1 second to finish.

Did the 100kb file download faster or at the same rate as the 50kb file?

If I download a 50kb file and it takes 1 second to finish the download. Then I download a 100kb file and it takes 1 second to finish.

Did the 100kb file download faster or at the same rate as the 50kb file?

That has nothing at all to do with load transfer speeds, dampers or springs.

Don't try and drag this off topic and before you do anything else answer this question.

Scaff
Just to make this clear are you saying you wish to be banned?

I will warn you that should you reply yes to this question, then my next action will be to do just that.

Scaff

That has nothing at all to do with load transfer speeds, dampers or springs.

Don't try and drag this off topic and before you do anything else answer this question.

Scaff

Still threatening me???? Are you that drunk with Your Moderator powers you have to flaunt them? Have I continued to have a negative tone? No, so Why do YOU keep threatening me? Ego trip or did I touch a nerve as you misunderstand my post, and have obviously not gone far back enough in the tread to see how it came to be where it is. Instead you jump in half way and take points out of context, & flaunt your Godly Mod powers of Banning...

I might have gotten rude and been negative in this thread, BUT if you look I actually Apologized for my Bad behavior, so why do you keep threatening me?

Kurplah! :crazy:

Last edited:
Still threatening me???? Are you that drunk with Your Moderator powers you have to flaunt them? Have I been continued to have a negative tone? No, so Why do YOU keep threatening me? Ego trip or did I touch a nerve as you misunderstand...

No.

I am asking you a very simple question.

You have expressed a desire to be banned and appear to what to try and call a member of staffs bluff.

That is not a smart move, and as such I am simply asking that you confirm (simple yes or no answer) if you wish to be banned.

For the record you are the one that already has a warning issued, who has had to be asked not to use personal attacks in place of reasoned argument and discussion, as such I have not threatened anyone. You have continued in a negative and insulting tone, this has nothing to do with being drunk on mod powers (how original - next it will be the Nazi quip) and I am most certainly not the one misunderstanding things - may I remind you that your quote didn't actually support your own claim and that you are now dismissing some basic rule of physics.

I've not taken a single thing out of context, I've fully read the thread and only used your own words.

So answer the question.

Do you wish to be banned?

Yes or No?

If its No, then make sure you start following the AUP and take on board any and all advise the staff give you, as the AUP here at GT Planet is not something optional, that you get to decide applies when you want it to.

Scaff

Last edited:
Still threatening me???? Are you that drunk with Your Moderator powers you have to flaunt them? Have I been continued to have a negative tone? No, so Why do YOU keep threatening me? Ego trip or did I touch a nerve disagreeing with you...

You did throw enough personal attacks around to put you in poor standing as it was...

And to answer you... Yes, you have continued with a negative tone.

Chillax guys, the important thing about tuning is to make it so that it suits YOU. Who cares about the million different reasons why things occur the way they do. Just try a bunch of different settings and if one clicks then you score.

You did throw enough personal attacks around to put you in poor standing as it was...

And to answer you... Yes, you have continued with a negative tone.

Like Ive been only on the giving end....

And Did I not apologize for being an arse.

Whut? I cant hear all of a sudden, did you hear something right then? Nope? Must of been nothing.

Like Ive been only on the giving end. And Did I not apologize for being an arse.

And yet we still get you posting like this....

Still threatening me???? Are you that drunk with Your Moderator powers you have to flaunt them? Have I continued to have a negative tone? No, so Why do YOU keep threatening me? Ego trip or did I touch a nerve as you misunderstand my post, and have obviously not gone far back enough in the tread to see how it came to be where it is. Instead you jump in half way and take points out of context, & flaunt your Godly Mod powers of Banning...

and this

Whut? I cant hear all of a sudden, did you hear something right then? Nope? Must of been nothing.

....and you don't see an attitude problem?

Now I will ask you this one final time.

Do you want to be banned or are you going to start following the AUP as everyone else does?

Scaff

Locked due to the attitude of one member - see you PM inbox SiNiST3R

I will reopen the thread once the member in question has had a think about his attitude and future here at GT Planet.

Thread reopened - now lets see if we can keep it sane.

Scaff

Last edited:
Back