Turbo lag ??

  • Thread starter Thread starter HB Jones
  • 16 comments
  • 1,256 views
Messages
133
United States
Boise, Idaho
The only golds I lack are for the dirt races. I picked a Mitsi Lancer and the excessive turbo lag dropped me way back in the field on every try.
Last night, some online racing friends wanted to use rally cars for some city courses. My Lancer exhibited no turbo lag whatsoever ??
Anyone know what's going on ? I also tried the Ford S2000 with the same results.
I tried removing the turbos but then they were not competitive.
Thanks
 
Did you have traction control on?
Because I am very poor in the dirt, I probably did have it turned on....does that really make a difference in turbo Lag ??
 
Because I am very poor in the dirt, I probably did have it turned on....does that really make a difference in turbo Lag ??
It's not turbo lag. Since TC limits your wheel spin(which you do a lot of on dirt), it makes your acceleration muuuuuuch worse. Turn off TC on dirt to go faster.
 
Because I am very poor in the dirt, I probably did have it turned on....does that really make a difference in turbo Lag ??
Traction control stops the powered wheels from spinning by reducing the power sent to them. Being on dirt you will be getting wheelspin almost constantly and therefore constant power reduction from traction control
 
Thanks to all you guys. Took Gold in all three races. TC off was the answer.
After winning all 573 stars, I was a bit surprised to only get that Lambo....Oh well, it was a milestone for me anyway.
Thanks again.
TC off is usually the answer. :sly:

Congrats on getting all the stars. :cheers:
 
Definitely made a believer out of me.....
T/C off is always the answer. It's like Miata, or turbo. It's the best way to enjoy this game - without TCS muting the car's characteristics.
Definitely made a believer out of me. Enjoyed it so much, I went back and re-ran them again.:D
 
I only use TC on high power low weight cars (80's Group C Racers mostly), this is only because trying to modulate the throttle input on a controller is pretty much impossible to the degree needed in race conditions. Everything else is faster and better to drive without.
SRF should only be used if you really can't pass an event otherwise, its very cheaty and teaches you nothing about how a car handles
 
I only use TC on high power low weight cars (80's Group C Racers mostly), this is only because trying to modulate the throttle input on a controller is pretty much impossible to the degree needed in race conditions. Everything else is faster and better to drive without.
SRF should only be used if you really can't pass an event otherwise, its very cheaty and teaches you nothing about how a car handles
I used to use SRF when I was a beginner in GT5. When I started to race on-line, the rooms were restricted to non SRF and I got used to driving with min. aids. Like you said, it makes a better driver out of you. I do admit to using it when I am faced with a very challenging track/event.
 
I used to use SRF when I was a beginner in GT5. When I started to race on-line, the rooms were restricted to non SRF and I got used to driving with min. aids. Like you said, it makes a better driver out of you. I do admit to using it when I am faced with a very challenging track/event.
Its nice to keep in case of emergencies but shouldn't be relied on. There's no shame in it, as the top times in the seasonals prove, SRF is faster because it bends the rules of physics. I wouldn't have gotten through a few events/challenges if it wasn't for the aids, sometimes you just can't tune your way round a problem effectively.
 
Its nice to keep in case of emergencies but shouldn't be relied on. There's no shame in it, as the top times in the seasonals prove, SRF is faster because it bends the rules of physics. I wouldn't have gotten through a few events/challenges if it wasn't for the aids, sometimes you just can't tune your way round a problem effectively.
Well said...
 
Back