• Thread starter yannagas
  • 164 comments
Greece
athens
yannagas
At Chamonix East 3.220m

Ranking 13/02 until 27/02
480PP Spiked Snow Tyres No Nitrous

Lancer Evolution: IX GSR '05, VIII RS '03, VIII GSR '03, VIII MR GSR '04, VII RS '01, VII GT-A '02,VII GSR '01 VI RS T.M. SCP '99, VI GSR T.M. EDITION '00, VI RS '99 VI GSR '99, V GSR '98, IV GSR '96, III GSR '95, II GSR '94 GSR '92, X GSR P.P. '07

Gift: GT POLARIZED 002-P

Gold: 60.000Cr 1:21.000
Silver: 27.000Cr. 1:24.000
Bronze: 21.000Cr. 1:30.000

Tunes will be posted here:

DolHaus
ITCC_Andrew
WhoosierGirl
Exeter GT Tuning
Wild Cobra Z28
jtoribio94
Fly me to the moon tuning garage
_et

Also have a look at the seasonal tunes directory here

Last edited:
Got 1:19:45 with a Evo VIII RS '03 with stage 3 weight reduction.

It was so much fun!!
LMAO.gif~original

Why is the VIII RS '03 so popular in this one? Don't know that I would have ever picked this one unless I had looked at the leader board.

probably a lower pp car like the VI RS '99 would be a good choice too.. What do you think?
Anyway love this combo, ATM at 15.538 with a VIII RS '03, still a huge margin to improve..
Oh and its a good thing PD fenced the farm...Good Job PD!👍

PS While it lasts, SoKaGT-Racing at pole with a fast 13.122. Bravo Ellina!!👍 (means bravo Greek)

This has got to be my favorite superlap so far, so much fun. Got a 18.5 while not nailing the s bend before the hairpin. Found the evo VI handled much better once I swapped the Yaw control thingy to LSD.

Why is the VIII RS '03 so popular in this one? Don't know that I would have ever picked this one unless I had looked at the leader board.
My buddy at work just turned his in for a new '14 EvoX. Drove it once and it is usually my first pick for Evo's since.

I will probably try in the X first and see what I can do for a tune. Shame I can't use my X rally car I've setup already...

i dropped all weight then readded to the rear since evo's are so front bias, now it sits at 52/48. just doing that i went from mid silver to a second under gold, makes it much easier to get around the track. watched the #1 replay i can see the two places i'm really losing time, will try again later maybe.

Wow...what the hell? Im 19th! Yay!:cheers: My best score so far, a 1:14:478.
I found it extremely important to turn in "before the corner".
Maybe that helps some people. Dont turn in like on tarmac, turn maybe 10m before the corner and feel the tires loose the grip. Dont ever let go of the throttle, only on the 2 very tight bends!

My eyes!!, very tiring even though I have put down brightness. I think I might actually put polaroid glasses on....hope no one sees me :boggled:. About at my limit 1:15.895 ds3 , like most here...last section needs work. Evo VI RS TM 00. having fun trying different Lancers(1 id)

I have a setup which works for fastest lap 1:17.443 with a good driver, and 1:19 with a bad driver. Yes, it will get you gold, easily. I focused on the ease of use, though, using real life rallying setup secrets... And as an added bonus, it works on all rally cars.

Suspension:

Ride height: 115/115
Spring rates: untouched/untouched (4.88/4.16)
Dampers: 2/2, 2/2
Anti-roll: 1/1 (rally drivers remove anti-roll bars)
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0/0

Brakes: 5/5

Transmission: auto-set 220 km/h

LSD: 5/30/10, 5/30/10
Torque split: 50/50

Basically, the idea is to get the weight to shift as quickly as possible, and as much as possible, which provides for stable cornering, regardless of any bumps etc. You can basically full-throttle the car around every corner except the sharp hairpins. Lifting off of the gas before turn-in is quite a quick way to change directions.

I have a setup which works for fastest lap 1:17.443 with a good driver, and 1:19 with a bad driver. Yes, it will get you gold, easily. I focused on the ease of use, though, using real life rallying setup secrets... And as an added bonus, it works on all rally cars.

Suspension:

Ride height: 115/115
Spring rates: untouched/untouched (4.88/4.16)
Dampers: 2/2, 2/2
Anti-roll: 1/1 (rally drivers remove anti-roll bars)
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0/0

Brakes: 5/5

Transmission: auto-set 220 km/h

LSD: 5/30/10, 5/30/10
Torque split: 50/50

Basically, the idea is to get the weight to shift as quickly as possible, and as much as possible, which provides for stable cornering, regardless of any bumps etc. You can basically full-throttle the car around every corner except the sharp hairpins. Lifting off of the gas before turn-in is quite a quick way to change directions.
just out of interest, which Evo is this tune for?

just out of interest, which Evo is this tune for?
I didn't specify because I use it on most rally cars. I've used it on Impreza rally cars, Evo rally cars, Peugeot, Lancia (Stratos included) etc.

Basically, the philosophy is rooted in a real life application of rally technology. I plan on working for a local rally team, so I've learned about this philosophy by speaking with my future employers. :) But, there are bits and pieces that I can't tell you about.

Edit: But, since you all asked politely, I used the Evo VIII RS '03 for this, because I had wanted to get an Evo VIII anyways. :)

Back