Turbogeit's course collection

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 24 comments
turbogeit
Since I have GT5, I’ve spent most time creating tracks and making hotlaps on these tracks with standard, unmodified cars (on hard sports tires).

So, I thought it could be a good idea to present here these tracks and share them with you.
You want to have a track? Send a friend request and a message specifying which track you want, I’ll put it online.

Comments on the tracks are always welcome.

Please send a message (or GTP-PM) to let me know you’ve downloaded the requested track. That will permit me to answer to other requests by putting another one on line.

My tracks are mainly of three kinds :

1) Fast courses, most of them faster than Monza
2) Long, winding Nordschleife-like courses
3) Slow, technical, tarmac rally-like tracks, or « Monaco on the countryside » tracks.

As a big fan of the Nordschleife, Le Mans and the ancient Francorchamp, you’ll see I like long tracks (most of them are between 5 and 7 miles)

Reference times: for each track my lap time in a 100% stock Premium ’02 RX-7

My RX-7 lap times on the GT5 tracks:

- Monza: 02:11.057 – 98.81 mph
- Nordschleife: 08:11.116 – 94.82 mph
- Sukuba: 0:55.117 – 65.07 mph

Note: all Eifel and Mt Aso tracks are clockwise. Toscana tracks can be clockwise (CW) or anti-clockwise (ACW)

1) Fast courses

Faster_than_Dijon (Eifel): RX7 : 01:41.565 – 110.63 mph
A longer version of the French Dijon-Prenois circuit. Nice track for races with fast cars.
fasterthandijon.png

Gerolstein (Eifel): RX7: 02:34.016 - 108.10 mph
Fast and technical track, with less elevation than on most other Eifel tracks.
gerolstein.png

Carrara (Toscana – ACW): RX7: 03:24.373 – 104.36 mph
Alternates fast and slow corners; has a nice chicane. A good driver can make the difference on this track. The first track a generated.
carraraq.png

Arezzo (Toscana - CW): RX7: 03:31.885 - 101.10 mph
Less slow corners than Carrara (except a tight chicane). If you like high speed cornering, don’t hesitate, try this one.
arezzo.png

Adenau (Eifel): RX7: 03:07.718 - 99.36 mph
A nice track for races that reminds the Brno circuit (although the layout is rather different)
adenau.png

Prato (Toscana - CW): RX7: 03:26.349 - 98.14 mph
Take the Arezzo receipt (chicane, high speed corners) and join a very technical second sector and you get this.
prato.png

Sienna (Toscana - ACW): RX7: 03:17.590 - 97.68 mph
A succession of long straights and tight, technical corners. Longest “straight” is longer than 0.53 miles, because it is not completely straight.
siennan.png

Malmedy (Eifel): RX7: 02:06.538 - 96.44 mph
Technical, rather short Eifel track with an important elevation.
malmedy.png

2)Nordschleife-like courses

Pescara-like (Toscana - CW): RX7: 03:33.365 - 91.07 mph
My test-track. Suitable to evaluate all capacities of a car (handling, acceleration, speed, fast cornering). Vintage circuit, in the spirit of the Pescara road circuit (1957 F1 GP).
pescara.png

Frascati (Toscana - ACW): RX7: 04:51.322 - 89.23 mph
I created this course to break the record of the longest Toscana-course (see https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=160977).
It was a nice surprise, thanks to its many fast corners. Faster than it’s layout suggests.
frascati.png

Livorno (Toscana - ACW): RX7: 04:13.628 - 90.19 mph
Another 10+ km course. Receipt: 7 “10”-complexity sectors. Gives nevertheless a fluid and rather fast track.
livorno.png

Lucca (Toscana - CW): RX7: 04:43.222 - 81.64 mph
Same receipt as Livorno, different result. I call this my “Italian Nordschleife”
lucca.png

Eifelschleife K36 (Eifel): RX7: 03:52.228 - 89.15 mph
The Norschleife-philosophy applied on a 5.75 miles long Eifel-course. As its name indicates, it alternates fast and slow, technical sections.
eifelk36.png

3) Tarmac rally courses

Giro di Toscana (Toscana - CW): RX7: 04:46.518 - 74.17 mph
A long straight and then you get a 5 miles long tarmac rally stage. Or: During 5 miles, you drive on narrow roads comparable to the Nordschleife section between Karussell and Pflanzgarten. Keep the rhythm!
giroy.png

Toscana Tarmac Rally (Toscana - ACW): RX7: 05:20.686 - 66.06 mph
Like Giro di Toscana, but even more extreme. Was created to be a corners record in the Toscana environment (see https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=160977). Except the straight and the 180°, most cars will only use 2nd and 3th gear on this track.
toscanatarmacrally.png

Complex Aso 37 (Mt Aso): RX7: 02:28.025 - 66.66 mph
A 0.58 miles straight followed by 37 corners in 2.1 miles with a huge elevation. Mount Aso could be an ideal environment for hillclimbs if the y permit us to make point to point courses.
compexaso.png

Last edited:
Hi Ia and thebigmacmoomin.

From Friday morning to sunday evening, I'm nearly always at about 150 miles away from my PS3. So I'll put you on my friends-list sunday evening or monday.

Edit: I've just sent you a FR. Let me know which tracks you want.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I just discovered that these old tracks, (GT 5 v. 1) which at that time could not be used online can now be used online. Did I miss somewhere an update notice?

I didn't know this! Very exciting.
I also didn't know you had a course collection thread!.
Now I'm going to have to post a course collection too here. :lol: :sly: Because I have to be a copy cat. ha ha ha

Not that I have many tracks. :(
Most of my favourite custom tracks are other people's!
But someone asked me today to share one of my tracks I used in Clean lo pp shuffle, so I guess I have a few interesting ones.

I definitely don't have any v.1 tracks though... I think I didn't get gt5 until after that patch. ?? When was the patch that made those unusable before? I don't even know that much!!

BTW: I don't see this one:

captureku.jpg

And this is possibly my favourite track of yours!!!
(Every time I use it with others, people remark that it's good.)

Hi guys, I just discovered that these old tracks, (GT 5 v. 1) which at that time could not be used online can now be used online. Did I miss somewhere an update notice?

I just saw it is a little different: it concerns only one or two tracks, among which my "Pescare-like track" made on Januari 2, 2011. All other tracks from before Februari 2011 stay unusable online.

This is very strange, but I'm glad I recuperate one of my oldest tracks, which was my favorite test-track.

I just saw it is a little different: it concerns only one or two tracks, among which my "Pescare-like track" made on Januari 2, 2011. All other tracks from before Februari 2011 stay unusable online.

This is very strange, but I'm glad I recuperate one of my oldest tracks, which was my favorite test-track.

Ah, Feb 2011. I knew that somehow the track parameters for creating tracks were different before, but it was before we had GT5.
I wonder if that makes the difference?
Perhaps the tracks that are unusable are somehow the "old" parameters, but the Pescare-like track is not?
(Of course I have no idea how that would be or work.)

Your tracks look epic. Please add me - I would be happy to add whichever one was available from time to time. help yourself to the one on my profile - a fast long track by Dr P Grunfelde

PSN Sick_Cylinder

Your tracks look epic. Please add me - I would be happy to add whichever one was available from time to time. help yourself to the one on my profile - a fast long track by Dr P Grunfelde

PSN Sick_Cylinder

OK, I'll do that this evenening.
Most of these are old tracks, that cannot be used online, but for offline arcade races they are good.

I'll set this evening the original Pescara-like track (my favourite test-track). I discovered Friday that it can be used online.

OK, I'll do that this evenening.
Most of these are old tracks, that cannot be used online, but for offline arcade races they are good.

I'll set this evening the original Pescara-like track (my favourite test-track). I discovered Friday that it can be used online.

So they can't be used in GTLife at all?
Only in arcade?
I'd still like a shot at them.

Hi Turbogeit - thanks for the FR, I accepted but I can't see a track on your profile. Is one set to share? They do look great so hoping I can download one soon.

Update:
Downloaded the Pescara track. Haven't had time to try, but it looks good.

Update Two:
Hosted two races on the Pescara track today - the first for Renaultsport Clio V6's at 520pp on race hards - the track was outstanding for this. There are a lot of hilly sections and second or third gear sections. The torque of the Clio and the technical nature of the track was an ideal combination.

Next race used the Alfa Romeo classic race car (premium) at 497pp on race hards - fantastic - a perfect track for this car, beautiful interior view, wonderful track.

After a technical and varied section the course finishes with a long straight with a series of crests. A better corner enabled me to snatch third place by a tenth on the line.

I asked my fellow racers what they thought of the track - they were unanimous that it was very good and one added "this track has got everything"

Turbogeit is a master track maker of the highest order - this track is so good it should be in the game as standard. I look forward to downloading and trying as many of Turbogeits tracks as possible - if this is any indication, they will be excellent.

In fact it really is time that PD held a regular contest so that the likes of Turbogeit, Blojoggs, Mr Melancholy and Annihilator etc could win prizes for their efforts and get their outstanding tracks added into the game by PD.

Last edited:
Wow, your tracks look awesome! I'll send you a FR today. Looking forward to trying them out.

Wow, your tracks look awesome! I'll send you a FR today. Looking forward to trying them out.

FR accepted. Most of these tracks are on a PS3, 200 miles from here. I can only change these tracks in the weekend.

so I'll put another one Friday evening.

I gave Pescara-like a few laps in my Miata TC. Really like how it's divided into complex and fast straight sectors. It's going to take me some time to get the complex sectors down for sure, there's a couple blind turns that kept getting me, lol. Always like a good Toscana track, it's like a private country road for hot lapping. Good job-looking forward to the next one.

Latest Posts

Back