Turn 10 Is Not Making Forza Motorsport 8 (Yet)

Who are you to decide what Forza is or not? Do you realize that race penalties are coming in the next months? Do you not see that the physics are more accurate each version it's released? Do you realize you can "tune" any regular car to drive competitive against race cars in real life too?

Here's the thing though: what Theo is suggesting is something that radically changes the Motorsport series into something that it isn't, and shouldn't be. Because if you had that change happen for FM8, I guarantee that a whole swack of fans, myself included, would dump the series right there and then considering it's chasing a market that is saturated with titles already.

Tell me: can you customize and tune a vehicle to the extent that the Forza games have offered in any other sim? that's what i meant by tuning. not even GT5 or 6 offered what Forza can do, and no other game, arcade or sim, is even trying anymore except NFS.

What the quote in question is suggesting is to basically make the Forza Motorsport series into something like Assetto Corsa or Project CARS - something that it doesn't need to be, to be chasing a market it isn't liable to win. Forza is fine where it is now - 7 was a let down of a title, but it's being fixed by T10 as best as they can, and that's certainly a lot more that I can say compared to some developers who, through no fault of their own, are basically forced into the grinder for their next title. And as this article states, Microsoft seems to be giving T10 the right amount of leeway needed in order to support the titles other then the usual year long cycle. All it needs to do is to be streamlined for the next generation, make sure that the formula for the game is as good as it was in 2, 3, and definitely 4.

Here's the thing though: what Theo is suggesting is something that radically changes the Motorsport series into something that it isn't, and shouldn't be.

I actually think you overexaggerate my post in order to even be able to say this. I am not saying that they should move on from the car collecting stuff. I never argued that they should remove all modes and career that is in there now. I was only asking for implementing more modes of racing and also there is nothing wrong with allowing more sophisticated physics when you actually can still have the driving aids which can turn simulation physics into more sim-cade physics. So yeah, i don't exactly know why you jumped on me like this :)

Honestly, Turn 10 spending time fixing FM7 can be a fun idea, giving the PD approach of supporting the game beyond one year could be very good for this title. It could be a good opportunity to improve things such as the free play mode by giving features players asked for such as a championship mode option and being able to select AI opponents. Maybe update the homologation system to not restrict division categories to homologation only for instance.

Agreed. I had a feeling since FM4 things would go downhill for T10, so this is excellent. I feel T10 had wanted to do this for a long time so I'm glad this is happening, especially since PD is now well known for supporting their current games via updates. I hope said features people ask for (like custom championships for example) do get added to FM7 in the future, because that will bring new life to the title. Oh, and bug fixes, don't want to forget about that cause I get crashes online every now and then.

I passed directly from FM4 to FM7, and to me, there's no area in which 4 is superior to 7.
Aside from lag in car menu :D

And I absolutely loved 4, trust me.
Dedicated multiplayer lobbies would like to have a chat with you.

I actually think you overexaggerate my post in order to even be able to say this. I am not saying that they should move on from the car collecting stuff. I never argued that they should remove all modes and career that is in there now. I was only asking for implementing more modes of racing and also there is nothing wrong with allowing more sophisticated physics when you actually can still have the driving aids which can turn simulation physics into more sim-cade physics. So yeah, i don't exactly know why you jumped on me like this :)

Theo, any time anyone suggests making any aspect of Forza more realistic someone else is there to argue them down. The same goes for offering ideas that are outside the box. There's some sort of un-written rule on this. But it happens every time a suggestion is made.

Glad that T10 is fixing the issues of FM7 instead of rushing to work on FM8.
FM7 only included 1 new track, and it wasn't even an actual race track.
Hopefully T10 is working on an IndyCar/IMSA expansion pack for FM7 with new /classic cars and a track or 2?

Glad that T10 is fixing the issues of FM7 instead of rushing to work on FM8.
FM7 only included 1 new track, and it wasn't even an actual race track.
Hopefully T10 is working on an IndyCar/IMSA expansion pack for FM7 with new /classic cars and a track or 2?
To be fair, Maple Valley, Suzuka, and Mugello were added as well; their last appearance was back in FM4.

To be fair, Maple Valley, Suzuka, and Mugello were added as well; their last appearance was back in FM4.

OK, they were updated for 2017 FM7.... I will give you that.... But the fantasy tracks should be kept to a minimum. Or for FH series. I would pay a few $ for new track dlc.

OK, they were updated for 2017 FM7.... I will give you that.... But the fantasy tracks should be kept to a minimum. Or for FH series. I would pay a few $ for new track dlc.
Only one of those three is a fantasy track....and that one track, Maple Valley, is a fan favorite that has been requested bu a lot of people.

and that one track, Maple Valley, is a fan favorite that has been requested bu a lot of people.

And yet for some reason the track for me lost all its charme. They made it feel so flat and uninspired. I don't get the same feeling i used to get from it. In FM7 that track feels actually boring af. Fired up the older version as soon as i drove it for the first time in FM7 and it felt immediatelly better. Elevation changes felt more pronounced, the track felt a bit narrower and driving in general on it felt more visceral. FM7 version seems numbed down for some reason. I appreciate them bringing back a fan favorite, but, yeah, for me at least it's a track i now avoid.

Last edited:
Custom matchmaking lobbies...
rewards for racing/winning with your own tune...
car meets to vote and win points/ingame cash on car liveries...

just a few suggestions

It would be nice to have the option to add AI to private multiplayer races. If nothing else, beating the bots would earn you some more credits, and keep you in the race.

And yet for some reason the track for me lost all its charme. They made it feel so flat and uninspired. I don't get the same feeling i used to get from it. In FM7 that track feels actually boring af. Fired up the older version as soon as i drove it for the first time in FM7 and it felt immediatelly better. Elevation changes felt more pronounced, the track felt a bit narrower and driving in general on it felt more visceral. FM7 version seems numbed down for some reason. I appreciate them bringing back a fan favorite, but, yeah, for me at least it's a track i now avoid.

All Turn 10 had to do was, bring the track over, and update its looks, but they had to go and mess with the recipe and ruin the classic dish, didn't they?

Custom matchmaking lobbies...
rewards for racing/winning with your own tune...
car meets to vote and win points/ingame cash on car liveries...

just a few suggestions
That's in the game already when people download your livery. Not sure how car meets would work on a race track; something better suited to Horizon.

Not sure how car meets would work on a race track
I'd say to something like the Track day lobby system in Gran Turismo 5 and 6. I had endless fun creating custom track day lobbies with friends in GT5 and would love for a system like it to make it's way to Forza.

I'd say to something like the Track day lobby system in Gran Turismo 5 and 6. I had endless fun creating custom track day lobbies with friends in GT5 and would love for a system like it to make it's way to Forza.

This is absolutely the gold standard IMHO.

A system like this is nice for everyone, but for anyone who liked drifting it was a godsend. Nothing is worse than sitting around and waiting 10 minutes for a timer to run down until you can finally join people drifting. In the old GT games, people in drifting lobbies would just hang out in the pre-race meetup indefinitely. it became just an open track day where everyone could switch cars and tuning on the fly with a simple trip to the pits.

man i miss those days.

To the people that are liking this, and you in particular: you do realize why Forza exists right? It doesn't need to be a super serious, down to brass tacks racing sim. It never was, and it never will be. Contrary to what you might think of this idea, the entire reason why Forza is still doing well, even with the move to PC and ultimately a larger, more advanced market then on consoles, is because of that simcade approach. The fact that I can take a relatively pedestrian vehicle, or an odd ball, tune it up and go hucking it around a track. The minute Forza does what you suggest, any sort of differentiating factor with the game is lost, and it just becomes another sim racer.

At the moment Forza Motorsport is alone in continuing the original Gran Turismo playstyle. I really wouldn't like them to lose that. There's plenty of "serious" racing games out there. There's only one that's doing the Gran Turismo type at the moment, and I for one want to keep it.

I remember back in time when horizon was launched that horizon was the arcade brother and forza would remain more close as an simulator. Now both are arcades, just forza is less than horizon.

Not really. It's as much of a simulation as it ever was, probably more so. It's just that other games that are even better simulations have come to consoles.

But for anyone who isn't super cereal about their car sims, the difference between something like FM7 and pC2 is probably imperceptible.

I passed directly from FM4 to FM7, and to me, there's no area in which 4 is superior to 7.
Aside from lag in car menu :D

And I absolutely loved 4, trust me.

As a PC gamer, I did this too. I get why people get disappointed at the incremental upgrades and tweaks in Forza, but if FM7 is your first point of contact with the FM of this generation it's a pretty stunning game. Realistically, it's probably overall the best of that Gran Turismo type game that's ever been made.

Ever since this happened https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...sport-5-has-less-cars-and-tracks-than-forza-4 I feel that Turn 10 has been in a mea culpa/my bad mode... I'm happy they are taking their time and making all the efforts to polish and finish Forza 7; however the current model may have peaked, just as Forza 4 did, and any jump to a future platform will require serious and careful consideration in order to prevent another debacle of that sort, from which I feel they are still reeling (grumpy GTS players... I know how you feel.)

how about this, since forza already have a decent lobby for class racing, make different lobbies for qualifying only. This way racers can switch cars, tune and test their times with buddies in the lobby. Also drag racers can test their drag tunes with buddies on Lemans, and drifters can have at it too; an all day qualifying lobby set with different class limits and other parameters. Go for it Forza!!!

I want forza to add crew chiefs talking to you like they do in project cars 2. That would be so cool.
I did enjoy the Crew Chief feature in Project cars, I haven't played 2 yet. Would be cool to have something like that in Forza.

I have owned every Forza game since the beginning, but I found myself getting a little numb with F7 lately. So much so, I actually just bought Project Cars 2 because at least they have the different superspeedway aero kits for the IndyCar. I also like the "roof cam" and the ability to use the black or red Firestone tires. I have been hoping for the 2018 IndyCar to come to the game, or some kind of IndyCar expansion or DLC, but it appears the rumors of that back in May were just that. Until they can add some IndyCar content, I will be mostly on Pcars 2.

Back