Turn on/off specific display components?

HKA-BlackLava
Is there any way to turn on or off SPECIFIC display components?

I see you can turn on/off and tweak the map.

And you can turn on/off ALL instruments or race info.

But is there any way to customize this? I would love to be able to turn off the driver list, and the gear 'recommend'. Also, if I don't care to display my tire, fuel, or turbo boost info, why can't I 'unclutter' my screen a bit? This seems to me like something very easy to implement...

Really, I should be able to turn on/off:

• Map (already possible)
• Position
• Lap
• Rear view mirror
• Lap time
• Total time
• Best lap info
• Driver list
• Tire indicator
• Fuel level
• Turbo boost
• G meter
• Shift indicator
• Gear recommender
• Analog speedo
• Everything…. !

Is this possible currently (I don't think so) and would anyone else care about this?

That would be great , i usually race with the hud off , if i am driving a premium , but when i switch to a standard , i need the hud , but i don't want to see the recommended gears.

That would be great , i usually race with the hud off , if i am driving a premium , but when i switch to a standard , i need the hud , but i don't want to see the recommended gears.

This 👍
Hopefully in future updates PD will give us the option the to take it off but I highly doubt.

I often race with the HUD off as well when driving a premium. But even then, it would be nice to have the race info on, and NOT have that darn driver list on the right obstructing my right rear view mirror (on a right hand drive premium).

Ya, great idea.

I normally turn everything off except cars that uses "paddle" or "sequential gear", I need to turn it on, otherwise I have no idea what gear I am in the standard cars.

It's just a example(ignore poor editing):
20110418225748.jpg

VERY good ^^^

This really should be one of PD's priorities. It's a simple fix. Simple enough, that is. I believe we're all in the same boat with people who prefer no HUD.

I absolutely hate that driver's list on the right hand side. It seems insane that you can't turn that off without losing the essential rev counter and speedo for the standards.

Indeed, the current options are very limiting. Like currently I'm doing the Le Mans 24 hours race and want to do it in car with no HUD but since it's an endurance race I'll need tyre and fuel indicators on. But I don't want all of the other clutter that comes with it, just that part.

Or in normal races I'd like just the rev meter. Certainly don't need the pointless driver list.

A quick toggle on/off option without pausing would be appreciated as well. Going back to my above situation I'm currently pausing, turning the hud on to see tyre/fuel, repausing to turn them back off then continuing. Be much better to be able to press a button to quickly flash them up, then off again without pausing.

I'd be happy with a option to show/hide HUD which can be mapped to a button on my wheel, instead of having to pause, press about five or six buttons just to find out the gap to the car infront/behind !!!! Either that or some sort of Virtual Pit Board is a must.

This seems something that PD could, and might, easily integrate.

I'd also like something added - the car icon of the AI when the split time comes up like they used to have in GT3. I found it handy knowing an AI was coming through the field in a fast car.

Ya, great idea.

I normally turn everything off except cars that uses "paddle" or "sequential gear", I need to turn it on, otherwise I have no idea what gear I am in the standard cars.

And how do you know on a normal manual what gear you?re in?

The fact of the matter is how was this not added?

I mean, you can easily tell that there is a serious lack of thinking when they make games.

I really wish they'd have an option to remove the flashing red brake light. Totally kills immersion, but I can't keep the rest of my instruments.

Recently, more often than not, i play with everything (map & hud) turned off... but i must admit it would be IDEAL if you could selectively turn each individual item off.

For example, i'd like to have everything off except for the speedometer - because it's nice to know just how badassly fast you are going sometimes.

Back